ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how early can I apply for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eureka.Power

how early can I apply for Naturalisation

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 pm

My ILR was issued last year on the 1-November-2012.. they are introducing this new English language requirment from 28th of October. my question how can I avoid this English requirment.. and.. Can I apply for naturalisation before 28th of October.

Any advise would be a great helpp

Thanks
Ad

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:21 pm

You already satisfy KOL.

Moreover, you may also already satisfy the new English language requirement, if it's still valid.
Last edited by vinny on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Depends, are you the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen if not, how long did your ilr application take?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:how long did your ilr application take?
Probably not longer than one day.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks Vinny, I should avoid being lazy :wink:
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 pm

I got ILR in just one day .. 2 year hsmp and tier 3 general... with UK qualification ... my wife is my dependent..

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Then based on that you wouldn't be able to apply before 01-Nv-2013 subject to meeting the other requirements. However, as Vinny pointed out, if you're awarded 10 points for your degree on the PBS calculator, you should satisfy the new requirements anyway. If you naturalise then your spouse may not have to wait 12 months before she can naturalise.
Last edited by Amber on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 pm

my question is still there... how early can I apply for naturalization ?

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:46 pm

thanks Amber

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Eureka.Power wrote:my question is still there... how early can I apply for naturalization ?
You can't apply before 1st of November. There is no grace period for BC application so you can apply exactly after 12 months on ILR.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am

Eureka.Power wrote:Hi All,

quick question I take child benefit for my 10 months old (british citizen). Would this some how can have negative impact on my BC application. I am a full time employee and take no other benefits. way to ILR was HSMP TIER 1 and ILR

Thanks

Ad

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am

No.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 am

Eureka.Power wrote:Hi All,

One of my referee will be on holiday (outside the country) while my application progress would be underway. Question is do they really contact the refrees ? or in what occassion do they do it and How do they contact do they send letter or make a phone call.

Thanks

Adeel

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 am

It's unlikely they will contact your referees.

Eureka.Power

Severe Delay in fees deduction...

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi All.

My friend applied on the 30-October and I applied on the 8-Nov... but no fees deducted.... whats going on these days.. they are taking a lot of time... is it all becuase of 28th rule change.... js a random thought really... anyone who applied in NOv and got fees deducted.

Thanks

Ad

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Just wait.

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Severe Delay in fees deduction...

Post by jotter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Eureka.Power wrote:Hi All.

My friend applied on the 30-October and I applied on the 8-Nov... but no fees deducted.... whats going on these days.. they are taking a lot of time... is it all becuase of 28th rule change.... js a random thought really... anyone who applied in NOv and got fees deducted.

Thanks

Ad
Yes, the rule change is effecting things, but you are also asking pretty early on. Give it at least another couple of weeks and don't expect any approval until after Christmas/New Year. Going on other topics in this forum, it seems that the HO are up to around Oct 21-22 with fees deduction, so your friend at least might get theirs deducted before the end of the month.