ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR where to start from?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kharbooza
Newly Registered

ILR where to start from?

Post by kharbooza » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello Dear Immigrationboards

I have ILR, my wife came in UK on spouse vis alonge with our daughter (born in Pakistan) two years ago. Their visa is expiring end of august and i have no idea about the whole process how to apply for their ILR.

I am going to ask some questions to begin with
what forms do we need to apply for ILR?
what will be the total fee for both?
do i need to have a big amount in my bank account to show?
i dont have a p60 at the moment and wont be able to get before the due date?

Please help
regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 pm

I assume you had ILR when your spouse came? I.e. they were not PBS deps? If so:

The form is set(m), start by fully reading this page (click) then ask questions if you're still unsure.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm

D4109125 wrote:I assume you had ILR when your spouse came? I.e. they were not PBS deps? If so:

The form is set(m), start by fully reading this page (click) then ask questions if you're still unsure.
Yes you are right, I did have ILR already. Okay so its form set(m).
Thanks for the link, i better go through it before asking anything..
thanks again.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:52 pm

D4109125 wrote:I assume you had ILR when your spouse came? I.e. they were not PBS deps? If so:

Thank you Amber for redirecting me to this thread. I did go through the page you referred and still confused.

i am working full time for last 6 months now, do i need to show employment contract along with a letter from employer?

i dont have sufficient funds available in my bank account and it ramained in over draft for one whole year. do i need to provide last 6 months statements?

i live in a two bedroom house with my wife and 2 children. do i need to have an accomodation survey report aswell?

i could not get p60 for last 2 years so i got a letter from hmrc stating last 5 years tax history, will it be enough?

what else do i need pleas? and is it better to have a cover letter written with the help of a solicitor or i can make it a simple one myself?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:00 pm

For set(m), you would be looking at 3 months wage slips with corresponding bank statements. 2 years proof of cohabitation along with the other standard settlement requirements.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm

D4109125 wrote:For set(m), you would be looking at 3 months wage slips with corresponding bank statements. 2 years proof of cohabitation along with the other standard settlement requirements.
kindly inform me of the other standard settlement requirements if possible. can i provide council tax bills as proof of cohabitation for last 2 years?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:18 pm

See here (click)

For cohabitation:

For roughly every 4 months over the last 2 years you should have

1 joint letter or

1 letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm

thanks for the link Amber its really helpful.

adequate accommodation - can i provide a letter from the landlord (housing agency) to prove it?

knowledge of the English language and life in the UK - my wife did a entry level 2 course soon after she was here, can we show that certificate?

birth of a child in the UK can be helpful to show our intention to live together?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:29 am

The tenancy agreement should be fine providing the house is not overcrowded.

The life in UK test or equalivalent as per the above link is required for settlement. Providing you have cohabitation proof as above then no further evidence re: birth certificates are required. Your child born in the UK is British.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

getting late

Post by kharbooza » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi

my wife's spouse visa is expiring on 27 august. i have not send her ILR application yet as i am waiting for my job contract. i had to change my job on 1 autust with a portuguese firm based in lisbon. they have still not sorted my contract yet and now saying it should be done by 25 august. i want to ask if its ok to send application even if there is one day left on visa?

otherwise i wont wait till 25 and get a letter signed by my manager in uk to confirm my job with them?

Please tell me the ways to pay fee aswell as im intending to send application by post.

Amber
Mood:

Re: getting late

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 am

kharbooza wrote:Hi

my wife's spouse visa is expiring on 27 august. i have not send her ILR application yet as i am waiting for my job contract. i had to change my job on 1 autust with a portuguese firm based in lisbon. they have still not sorted my contract yet and now saying it should be done by 25 august. i want to ask if its ok to send application even if there is one day left on visa?

otherwise i wont wait till 25 and get a letter signed by my manager in uk to confirm my job with them?

Please tell me the ways to pay fee aswell as im intending to send application by post.
Why are you waiting for a job contract? One is not required, I told you, the last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements. If you wish to send the application by post, consider the Settlement Checking Service (click)

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 pm

D4109125 wrote:why are you waiting for a job contract? One is not required, I told you, the last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements. If you wish to send the application by post, consider the Settlement Checking Service (click)
Hi Amber

i can send wage slips from May, June and July ( weekly ) but as i changed job on 1/8/2013, i wont be able to send August's wage slip as it arrives after 27/8/2013 ( expiry date of spouse visa ) and its monthly aswell. so to prove im still in employment i think i must produce a job contract or a letter from employer.

Please also inform me of the last date one can apply before the expiry of visa.

The settlement checking service is not available in or around my area not even the whole county. I cant get any time off to travel far for it aswell.

Is it important to have a cover letter with the application?

Please reply all the questions im confused, thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 pm

kharbooza wrote:
D4109125 wrote:why are you waiting for a job contract? One is not required, I told you, the last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements. If you wish to send the application by post, consider the Settlement Checking Service (click)
Hi Amber

i can send wage slips from May, June and July ( weekly ) but as i changed job on 1/8/2013, i wont be able to send August's wage slip as it arrives after 27/8/2013 ( expiry date of spouse visa ) and its monthly aswell. so to prove im still in employment i think i must produce a job contract or a letter from employer.

Please also inform me of the last date one can apply before the expiry of visa.

The settlement checking service is not available in or around my area not even the whole county. I cant get any time off to travel far for it aswell.

Is it important to have a cover letter with the application?

Please reply all the questions im confused, thanks.
The last 3 months wage slips is fine, August is not needed!

You should apply before your spouse's visa expires. What do you mean the SCS is not available in the whole Country, are you in NI? If so, your profile says Leeds!

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:You should apply before your spouse's visa expires. What do you mean the SCS is not available in the whole Country, are you in NI? If so, your profile says Leeds!
Thanks so much for your quick reply dear Amber. sorry for the confusion but i meant county and not countRy.

So if i send application on 26/8/2013, will it be considered as a valid one even though if it reaches the case worker after the expiry date which is 27/8/13?

And do i need a second form for my daughter who was born in Pakistan and came along with her mom the same date with ' to accomodate with mother ' stamped on her visa?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:06 pm

kharbooza wrote:
D4109125 wrote:You should apply before your spouse's visa expires. What do you mean the SCS is not available in the whole Country, are you in NI? If so, your profile says Leeds!
Thanks so much for your quick reply dear Amber. sorry for the confusion but i meant county and not countRy.

So if i send application on 26/8/2013, will it be considered as a valid one even though if it reaches the case worker after the expiry date which is 27/8/13?

And do i need a second form for my daughter who was born in Pakistan and came along with her mom the same date with ' to accomodate with mother ' stamped on her visa?
It is the day of posting which is the application date, for which you should keep the postage proof.

Your Pakistan born daughter should settle/ILR at the same time as the Mother.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:It is the day of posting which is the application date, for which you should keep the postage proof.

Your Pakistan born daughter should settle/ILR at the same time as the Mother.
quite relieving, in that case we have to pay less thn applying seperatley, 1051 for main applicant and 788 for child applying at the same time. but could you please guide me how to pay fee when applying by post, thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 pm

What do you mean?

Payment details are on Page 4, Qs 6-12 of form set(m) (click).

I hope you have the cohabitation documents ready?

Has your spouse sat the Life in the UK Test?

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm

D4109125 wrote:I hope you have the cohabitation documents ready?

yes i have documents almost ready now and intending to post them by wednesday after showing it to a immigration solicitor friend and get a cover letter free of cost as i wont be able to attent a scs.

my wife passed ESOL entry level 2 course which contains citizenship meterials in feb 2012 and it has no expiry date.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 pm

kharbooza wrote:
D4109125 wrote:I hope you have the cohabitation documents ready?

yes i have documents almost ready now and intending to post them by wednesday after showing it to a immigration solicitor friend and get a cover letter free of cost as i wont be able to attent a scs.

my wife passed ESOL entry level 2 course which contains citizenship meterials in feb 2012 and it has no expiry date.
Ok.

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Thank you so much Guru Amber for your time, help, advice and concern...i dont have words to express my gratfulness..God bless you

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:03 am

I am seriously in trouble as i have not been able to send my wife and daughter ILR application and the last date is 27 august tuesday.

I have all the relevent docs ready but BANK STATEMENTS which i was hoping to recieve in post by 22 august.

I requested my bank to send me 3 months bank statements on the 14 august and they are still not arrived. I went to bank and they say they dont stamp or sign pint out statements. On 14 august i aslo asked the bank to start sending me paper statements and they have sent me a statment of July/August which i have included with the application.

I have also found out that its a must for the spouse/applicant to attach their original decree absolute with application aswell. I sent my decree absolute to Pakistan when my wife was apllying to her spouse visa and never brought it back with her. I cant even find any copies, i went to the court on friday but when i arrived i was told the deparment close 2 o clock and i was 15 minutes late but i did not know the timing anyway, now it will be open on tuesday as monday i bank holiday.

I am so disappointed and feeling low, i did not want to post in open forum to avoid embarresment after all its my failiure as i started the whole process very late, feel uncomfortable to face my wife and children.
FOR THOSE WHO STILL HAVE TIME LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND DONT LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE.

NOW I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I think of two possible options left and i need your advice on it.

1- Send application without the important documents ( bank statements, decree absolut ) today 24 august and try to get documents afterwards and send them with the biometrics?

2- Wait till 27 august (the date visa expires) and hopefully bank statements can arrive by then. Also go to HM courts on tuesday and get a copy of decree absolute and send application on that day?

PLEASE ADVICE
REGARDS

Ish51

Post by Ish51 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:31 am

Bank statements

dont stamp or sign pint out statements:

You can take out a print out of Home office docs on which it is written you need to submit stamp and sign print out and Talk to Bank Manager

you can also go to different branch and some time other employees can be helpful.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:41 am

Yeah just show the bank manager a print out of the docs reqd. by UKBA and request him to help you with it.
I am sure they will be able to sort something out.
Good Luck.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 am

The bank statements might arrive today, if they do not arrive by the time you need to send the application, just write a letter saying you'll forward on the extra information ASAP and do so. You're getting panicky over nothing,

kharbooza
Newly Registered

Post by kharbooza » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 pm

D4109125 wrote:The bank statements might arrive today, if they do not arrive by the time you need to send the application, just write a letter saying you'll forward on the extra information ASAP and do so. You're getting panicky over nothing,
Hi Amber

The bank statements did not arrive even the week after and i had to request my bank re issue them. I did write a letter with my application as you advised. biometrics have been taken aswell and now i have the statements and decree absolute and need to send them to my case worker. Please advise what address do i send these documents to?

regards