ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport stamp date or flight booked date? -urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrapp2012

passport stamp date or flight booked date? -urgent

Post by ilrapp2012 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Dear Seniors,

I have a very quick question to ask about holidays.

I am little confused in it.

For example.
I booked a flight from 31 March 2011 to 09 May 2011

On 31st Marched I departed from UK, and reached my home country on 1st April where they stamped the entry in my passport. But, my passport only shows that 1st April 2011 as entry to my country as UK do not stamp the exit when I departed by on my return from my home country I got the exit date(entry date to UK) as same 09 May 2011.

Should I count the start date from 31 March 2011 or 1st April 2011 which is mentioned in my passport? Means should i go with my ticket booked start date or passport stamp date?

Please if anybody can confirm. I have to attend the NCS tomorrow.
I know date or departure and arrival does not count, but please if some one can post with example as above will be great help

Many thanks

cricinfo

Re: passport stamp date or flight booked date? -urgent

Post by cricinfo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm

ilrapp2012 wrote:Dear Seniors,

I have a very quick question to ask about holidays.

I am little confused in it.

For example.
I booked a flight from 31 March 2011 to 09 May 2011

On 31st Marched I departed from UK, and reached my home country on 1st April where they stamped the entry in my passport. But, my passport only shows that 1st April 2011 as entry to my country as UK do not stamp the exit when I departed by on my return from my home country I got the exit date(entry date to UK) as same 09 May 2011.

Should I count the start date from 31 March 2011 or 1st April 2011 which is mentioned in my passport? Means should i go with my ticket booked start date or passport stamp date?

Please if anybody can confirm. I have to attend the NCS tomorrow.
I know date or departure and arrival does not count, but please if some one can post with example as above will be great help

Many thanks
Put the actual date of departure on the form so in your case it would be 31st of March even though your passport was stamped on 1st of April but start counting the absence from 1st of April as the departure date and arrival date doesn't count towards absence.

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks Cric Info, at the time of ILR, i made a mistake of this, but they granted me ILR because in any case my absense were below 100 during 5 years. So, I will correct the dates now, and I should be ok?

One more questiion.

In my present address
I started living on the address from 10 August 2008

But my wife only come to join on 16 August 2008.

So on my form i will write 10 August and on her form I will write 6 Aug, Though we both live in same address and she was on holiday backhome, when I shifted.

Am I correct?

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks Cric Info, at the time of ILR, i made a mistake of this, but they granted me ILR because in any case my absense were below 100 during 5 years. So, I will correct the dates now, and I should be ok?

One more questiion.

In my present address
I started living on the address from 10 August 2008

But my wife only come to join on 16 August 2008.

So on my form i will write 10 August and on her form I will write 6 Aug, Though we both live in same address and she was on holiday backhome, when I shifted.

Am I correct?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:24 am

Continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!