ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife not on dependent visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhuidrom
Newly Registered

Wife not on dependent visa

Post by dhuidrom » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi

I m about apply for Naturalisation process in October 2013, currently on ILR for last 1 year almost. I got my child on dependent visa but not my wife. She is on her own Tier1 visa (soon to be on ILR). My query is

Can I include my wife as dependent with my child when applying for British citizenship, as she had lived in Uk for more than 5 yrs already?

Any advise is very kind of you.

thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 pm

No citizenship without ILR.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dhuidrom
Newly Registered

Post by dhuidrom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks to sushdmehta for prompt reply.

My wife (hopefully) will get her ILR today (at Croydon in person aplpication for ILR).

Once she gets that, can she apply as my dependent for Naturalisation without waiting for 1year completionunder ILR?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 am

dhuidrom wrote:Thanks to sushdmehta for prompt reply.

My wife (hopefully) will get her ILR today (at Croydon in person aplpication for ILR).

Once she gets that, can she apply as my dependent for Naturalisation without waiting for 1year completionunder ILR?
If you apply together, you're relying on discretion and she may be refused, though given the fact you will become British I would imagine a reasonable caseworker to be positive.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:39 am

dhuidrom wrote:Thanks to sushdmehta for prompt reply.

The safest option would be, you apply yourself first and once you become BC (after attending oath ceremony) then your wife can apply as spouse of BC without having to wait 12 months after ilr otherwise you will be depending on casework's discretion like D4109125 rightly pointed out.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

For £200 (savings in the application fee - joint vs 2 individuals) and ~2 months (until you attend your ceremony and she can apply), I would prefer to wait and not to be dependant on discretion.

dhuidrom
Newly Registered

Post by dhuidrom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks to all for the advises.