ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO timeline

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doubletrouble

PIO timeline

Post by doubletrouble » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 am

My wife applied PIO by post on 22nd July and my daughter did on 8th Aug (had initially applied together but CGI needed more documents). I have got receipt slips stamped to be PIO card to be sent by 23/8 and 8/9 respectively. They have kept all our passports and all other documents. We are travelling to India next month and I am worried I will not get our passports or PIO card. I am unable to contact them over phone (says voice mail full) they have not responded to myemail either at consulpassport@gmail.com(strange email address for official documents)

Can someone share their experience please for CGI birmingham postal application?

thanks

stephenjose2013
Newly Registered

Post by stephenjose2013 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

i applied in person for the pio card for my son.

applied on 21st aug and receipt stamped for 20th sep for the pio card to be collected in person.

not sure this info will help u.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:03 am

Thanks for your reply.

Did they hand you back all original documents with passports?

stephenjose2013
Newly Registered

Post by stephenjose2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 pm

when i applied in person in birmingham, they didn't take any of my originals. they returned both mine and my wife's passport and also they returned my son's british passport and also his birth certificate.

Hope this helps

stephenjose2013
Newly Registered

Post by stephenjose2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 pm

hi
u said in your previous posting that u'll getting the pio card by 23/08, have u got it.

Thanks

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:28 am

I haven't got either of the PIOs or the original documents including passports back.

I have no idea what is going on. They don't answer phone nor they reply to emails. I wonder why we are paying so much for it. Pathetic.

stephenjose2013
Newly Registered

Post by stephenjose2013 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

sorry to hear about ur frustration.

very strange that if CGI has said they will send it by 23/08 and u haven't received it untill now. its nearly a week after their date.

i'm as well tarvelling to india in sept and totally dependent on the pio card for my son. i'll be taking no chance and will apply for visa in the mean time.

keep me updated about ur pio card.

not sure whether it'll make any difference in going to CGI to enquire in person as they don't reply to email nor answer phone calls.