ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Driving Penalties - Beware Caution free for all

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

New Driving Penalties - Beware Caution free for all

Post by Heisgood » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 am

Just a heads up to forum members about the new driving penalties, especially if you approaching your BC application.

I was pulled over by police on a dual carriageway while well within the speed limit. The police asked the typical questions drivers licence, docs etc Then questions like - do you drink?- No, do you smoke? -No. Can we do a breath test? - Yes - came back negative off course.

When they said everything is fine you can go now Sir. I asked the officer (politely) is there a particular reason why you stopped me . He smiled and said you were using your brakes frequently !!! WHAT !! I drive a automatic honda which is nippy - You need to brake ever so often to keep within the speed limit. Yet, while trying to be law abiding I almost got a caution .........

Then I stumbled on this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ivers.html
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:45 am

Yes the new police powers came into effect recently. They are described as police being given judicial powers. Surprisingly, no major oppose to this. Is it just another trick to reduce the deficit, increase insurance company profits and so on..... If the government really wants to make our roads safe, there are lots of other things to put in place instead of these on the spot penalties. With the cut in police force, how are police going to cope with this, don't they have other important things to do.

Anyway, we need to be careful from our side.