ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

tier1-immigrant

working outside UK

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi All,

I intend to work in India for an year due to personal reasons. Suppose at end of that year I am due for extension, I suppose my earnings from india are considered for earnings points calculation.

I need 50K GPB for extension. How is this equated to INR ? How much shd I earn in INR ? I recall there is some multiplication factor to convert INR earning to GBP equivalent. Can anybody throw some light on this please ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Suggest you read the Tier 1 policy guidance on how to convert foreign income. Very clear information is given.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks Lucapooka.
The guidance says that we need to use OANDA to convert.
But I recall while applying for Tier1 for the first time, the tool (application) multiplied my INR income with some factor (if I recall it was 5) and then converted into GBP using OANDA.

If I were to just directly convert using OANDA then for 50K GBP I need to show 40 lacs (4000000) as INR income assuming 1GBP=80INR. Thats impossible.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:22 pm

What you recall is correct, but relevant only for entry clearance application not extension (leave to remain) application.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks sushdmehta.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 am

haven't checked policy lately,
but last year i went for tier-1(General) Extension with part earning from India.
As per guidlines, you need to convert Overseas earning through OANDA into GBP to claim earning.
following is from old extract, #107 of Tier-1 policy guideline which is:
107. An applicant should use the closing
exchange rate on the OANDA website at
www.oanda.com/currency/classic-converter
on the last day of the period for which he/she
has claimed earnings in that currency. This is
an independent website, for which we are not
responsible.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 am

The question OP had wasn't whether or not overseas earnings can be included in extension application but whether the "uplift ratio" can be used (as was used when applying under this route for the very first time from outside the UK).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The question OP had wasn't whether or not overseas earnings can be included in extension application but whether the "uplift ratio" can be used (as was used when applying under this route for the very first time from outside the UK).
The answer to that question would be that no uplift factor is applied for Tier 1 extensions. This was removed from Tier 1 policy guidance when the scheme closed. As such, any oversea's earnings are calculated based upon a direct conversion.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 am

sushdmehta wrote:The question OP had wasn't whether or not overseas earnings can be included in extension application but whether the "uplift ratio" can be used (as was used when applying under this route for the very first time from outside the UK).
Sorry, my mistake.
uplift ratio is NOT applicable in case of Extension. it was at time of entry clearance.
And when i went for extension last year i had to go for Absolute conversion without any multiplication based on country band as it was in time for fresh Tier-1 entry clearance.

destiny88

Tier 1 earning

Post by destiny88 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 pm

You should check Tier 1 (Extension) form whether any details to fill for multiplization are yhere or not. When i was applied in 2010; it was 5.3.
I think it must be still in use because if person who is in uk want to consider earning from abroad like india or another; it is impossible to claim earnings without this multiplization.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 earning

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 pm

destiny88 wrote:I think it must be still in use because if person who is in uk want to consider earning from abroad like india or another; it is impossible to claim earnings without this multiplization.
You are wrong! It's now part of history and no longer applies to current applications. Please don't post wild guesses on the forum as it only serves to confuse and misdirect.

destiny88

Re: Tier 1 earning

Post by destiny88 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:33 pm

[quote="Lucapooka"][quote="destiny88"]I think it must be still in use because if person who is in uk want to consider earning from abroad like india or another; it is impossible to claim earnings without this multiplization.[/quote]
You are wrong! It's now part of history and no longer applies to current applications. Please don't post wild guesses on the forum as it only serves to confuse and misdirect.[/quote]

Hey...luca
I did not make people confused. I just asked him if its still in use or not. If it is still in use in current new rules even; there must be seperate box in section of claimed earning.

You need to just this way to know LUCA because YOU CAN NOT CALL DIRECTLY TO DAVID CAMERON OR ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER.

destiny88

Post by destiny88 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey...luca
I did not make people confused. I just asked him if its still in use or not. If it is still in use in current new rules even; there must be seperate box in section of claimed earning.

You need to just this way to know LUCA because YOU CAN NOT CALL DIRECTLY TO DAVID CAMERON OR ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER.