ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist question (urgent!)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uklover91
Newly Registered

Tourist question (urgent!)

Post by uklover91 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:57 am

Hello,
I am an American and I completed a study abroad session on a student visitor visa in the Spring. I was in London from Jan 3 to April 3, spent 2 weeks in Spain, and then returned to England until June 22nd.
Afterwards I went interrailing and returned to England as a general visitor on the 5 of August for a three week period.

I left a lot of my stuff in England (I was in a rush) and want to go back for a period of 12 days to visit my friends and bring back a suitcase (with laptop, camera, etc).

Do you think I will have any problems provided that I show a return ticket and enough funds? I am still a student in the US and can prove my ties to the US in that regard.

Also, I have a fall break which is 10 days, so I will not be missing class to go to Europe, if that matters to immigration!
Thank you!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:24 am

I don't see a problem with that explanation of the circumstances.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:52 pm

To err on the side of caution, you could consider carrying a letter from your school in the US stating that you are a student there, the duration of your course and the fall break schedule.