ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer-Dependent's Traffic Conviction by court

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Guru

I am Tier 2 Dependent. My spouse is currently having a job offer till sep,2015 with current employer.Spouse got another job offer this week with better salary & benefits. Unfortunately i (Tier-2 Dependent) pleaded guilty in a traffic offence of IN10 LC20.

After being selected for new job we[me,my spouse & two kids] have to change the Employer & need to reapply for Tier 2 employer change.

i Got convicted through court on 30th Aug 2013.Do you suggest to change the employer at this stage or we should avoid not to apply at this stage.Please respond in ref to IN10 LC 20 Conviction issue.

We started Tier-2 on Jan 2013 this year.

Your urgent response is highly appreciated.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Dear GURU's

Any Response Please.

Regards

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Dear GURU's

Any Response Please.

Regards

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Dear sushdmehta

Your recommendation on this matter please.

Regards

alanwong

Re: Change of Employer-Dependent's Traffic Conviction by cou

Post by alanwong » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:55 pm

tier2ilr wrote:Dear sushdmehta

Your recommendation on this matter please.

Regards
My view is that it should not lead to a refusal.
Your wife applies first, once she gets hers. Then you and your children apply.

My logic is that, if your wife can not get the visa, then her current one will still be valid. Once she gets hers, there will be little chance that yours will be refused if you apply in UK.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:24 am

Dear alanwong

Thanks for the response

What safe time you think you recommend us to apply for any employer change as this incident of court conviction is just a week old so what do you recommend us to be on safe end to apply for any such change of employer ?
My date of conviction is 30 Aug,2013. while my Tier (2) 3 years will expire on 30 Oct,2015.

Do you suggest us to wait till 30th Aug 2015 for any such employer change or we can apply via the route you have recommended?

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Regards

alanwong

Re: Change of Employer-Dependent's Traffic Conviction by cou

Post by alanwong » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:31 pm

tier2ilr wrote:Dear alanwong

Thanks for the response

What safe time you think you recommend us to apply for any employer change as this incident of court conviction is just a week old so what do you recommend us to be on safe end to apply for any such change of employer ?
My date of conviction is 30 Aug,2013. while my Tier (2) 3 years will expire on 30 Oct,2015.

Do you suggest us to wait till 30th Aug 2015 for any such employer change or we can apply via the route you have recommended?

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Regards
At first, I can not see any reason that your conviction will lead to refusal of your wife's Tier2 visa. There is only possibility that your dependent visa will be refused. However even if yours would be refused, it is at the discretion of the caseworker. It will not be a mandatory refusal.

Another thing is that you may apply for SA files for your local police station to see whether your conviction is recorded or not. I have the impression that quite often traffic conviction is not recorded if the offender is not arrested. If your conviction is not recorded then you will be quite safe even if you are going to apply for ILR (of course if you meet other requirements).