ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Issue with certificate - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

British Citizenship - Issue with certificate - please help

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 pm

I received my daughters British Citizenship certificate today under section 1(3) but the place of birth in it is according to what i had mentioned on the MN1 application form, but when i submitted the form i did not realise that it was wrong. I wrongly mentioned two council names in the place of birth question.
I want to get it changed according to what is in the birth certificate.

Can someone tell me how to get it changed and is there any charge for it?

Heisgood

Re: British Citizenship - Issue with certificate - please he

Post by Heisgood » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:39 am

pgaitonde wrote:I received my daughters British Citizenship certificate today under section 1(3) but the place of birth in it is according to what i had mentioned on the MN1 application form, but when i submitted the form i did not realise that it was wrong. I wrongly mentioned two council names in the place of birth question.

Last year my son middle name was left out of the citizenship certificate. I simply sent it back with his original birth certificate and a letter indicating the error. They replaced the certificate within two weeks or thereabout. I paid no extra charge. I presume you can do the same with your case.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 am

Heisgood wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:I received my daughters British Citizenship certificate today under section 1(3) but the place of birth in it is according to what i had mentioned on the MN1 application form, but when i submitted the form i did not realise that it was wrong. I wrongly mentioned two council names in the place of birth question.

Last year my son middle name was left out of the citizenship certificate. I simply sent it back with his original birth certificate and a letter indicating the error. They replaced the certificate within two weeks or thereabout. I paid no extra charge. I presume you can do the same with your case.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know which address should I post the certificate and letter to?

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:28 am

pgaitonde wrote:
Heisgood wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know which address should I post the certificate and letter to?
Can't recall now, however you should have received a letter with the certificate saying congrats etc this will have the address if not call then UKBA and clarify.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:16 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
Heisgood wrote:

pgaitonde - have your received corrected certificate? how long did it take as I'm in same boat as you were