ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Change Inquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

Name Change Inquiry

Post by Heisgood » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:09 pm

My wife and I have booked our NCS appointment in 5 weeks’ time for our BC application, however my wife is about to travel and renewed her passport with her married name rather than her maiden name that was used at ILR. She prefers to use her married name going forward. Is this an issue that her BRP ILR card states her maiden name and her new passport has her marriage name?

Any informed forum members comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 pm

It shouldn't matter. Probably you'll need to include your marriage certificate along with your BC application.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:14 pm

If you change your name, you must apply for new BRP as per BRP leaflet(page 7)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... eaflet.pdf

Failing to do so can result in fine or even her ILR being revoked.

AK

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 pm

lifofifo wrote:It shouldn't matter. Probably you'll need to include your marriage certificate along with your BC application.
Thanks. NCS confirmed marriage certificate is good enough.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Onika
Newly Registered

Post by Onika » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Hello All,

Please can anyone advise on this please: While applying for ILR i changed my surname to my husband by submitting marriage certificate and my current passport with the married name. However, i have decided to revert back to my maiden name. I am eligible to Naturalised from today10/10/2013, please do i need a deed poll or just explain to UKBA on my application form.

Many thanks in anticipation.