ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application under Section 1(3)-Passport expiry question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JMAN123
Newly Registered

MN1 Application under Section 1(3)-Passport expiry question

Post by JMAN123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi All

I'm the process of completing MN1 application for my daughter born in UK who is 5 years old, myself and my spouse got ILR now so eligible now eligible for BC registration under 1(3). My only concern in submitting the MN1 application is I noticed my daughter's Indian Passport will be expiring in 2 weeks time by 14 September 2013.

I'm in confused state of mind if I need to renew indian passport before i do the MN1 application or UKBA would accept this passport as a valid travel document as they have requested in MN1 guide.

I feel its waste of time and money to renew the indian passport as I will eventually surrender the same in few months time once my daughter gets her british Passport. I m worried to take the risk of 673 GBP going under waters if UKBA rejects the MN1 application on the the grounds of indian expired passport.

I did look through the previous threads but never got an answer to my situation. kindly please assist me with is issue.

many thanks

JMAN123
Last edited by JMAN123 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:46 pm

The "about to expire" passport is not an issue. The passport doesn't need to be valid.

JMAN123
Newly Registered

Thanks Jambo !

Post by JMAN123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Jambo wrote:The "about to expire" passport is not an issue. The passport doesn't need to be valid.

JMAN123
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Application under Section 1(3)

Post by JMAN123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 am

In addition to response from Jambo.. Can any one double confirm if the passport needs to valid document...Just wanted to ensure if people by experience submitting expired passport had no issues.

Kindly reply. This would be of great help for me as I m in process of submitting the forms soon.

Many thanks in advance

JMAN123

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am

Jambo wrote:The "about to expire" passport is not an issue. The passport doesn't need to be valid.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 pm

I think even if she don't have the passport she still can apply

Pompeyguy
Newly Registered

Post by Pompeyguy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 am

Hello All,

My child was born in July 2013 in the UK and my wife was just been granted ILR in September 2013 and she wants to apply for BC for the baby using form MN1 under section 1(3).

I need some help in filling question 1.9 on Form MN 1, which asks about the 'Present Nationality' of the child.

At the moment the baby doesn't have any passport for any country. Does this mean that the baby is 'stateless'?

Your quick response to this will be highly appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:10 am

Probably not stateless. It depends on the citizenship laws of the parents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pompeyguy
Newly Registered

Post by Pompeyguy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:30 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm Nigerian and my wife is Cameroonian.

From what you have written, I can write 'Nigerian' as my baby's nationality?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:42 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.