ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extending discretionary leave to remain DL

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:22 pm

HI to all im a new member and i want to share you and get some good advice and also my case might help some similar cases on here,

i came to the uk on 2010 november on student visitor visa in that time i was married to my british wife only islam way only as she was not qualifying for spouse as

she wasn't 21 and over years old we got married lived in libya then we

decided to come on student visa to get some advanced course in english

language by the time 2011 and the war started in libya i coudnt go back for

that danger of me and her alse when she was pregnat so no let me go to the

point i claimed assylum on 2011 i told them everything and that i cant go

back i got refusal asylum but been giving discretionary leave which was

instead of my failed asylum case in july 2012 i got legal uk marriage wich

was in a council place also i have baby now 2 years and he got british

passport my discretionary leave will expire in july 2014 so what's the best

form to extend with is it the DL wich is following the refuse asylum or the

FLR O as i have british family

i hope i gave enough info and feel free to ask me

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 pm

FLR(O) for the same reason as before, the new details should help support your application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 pm

hey thank you for this quick replay

but the FLR O its for who made FLRO from the begining and they have been granted 3 years discretionary leave to remain under their marriage or families my case was as asylum is refusal but we have granted me discretionary leave to remain 3 years under asylum policy instructions discretionary leave so nothing mentioned for my british family and on the UKBA it says so in this case will it be DL extending ? also libya is no more in war but its danger still and specially when me having a british wife as the uk not advising their citizens to not to go to libya i also wont risk them to back there .

im so confused that i make the wrong form any more advice please ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 am

In that case I think it could be form DL (click). You should seek professional advice and make sure the form is correct. Remember to include as much supporting information as you can whichever form you end up completing. Contact a professional adviser and request a 10 minute free interview and you should be able to get the answer then.

See also, Any good law firm recommendation? (click)
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 am

thank you for the advice and im sure i will see a professional adviser too

but im still looking forward to read more advices here and share this might be someone had the same case on here ?

thank you

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:24 pm

@libnesh, i think you will need flr o form but call the home office and ask them wat form you need to use... good luck

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:09 pm

any chance you can send me the home office phone number ?

thank you

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:08 pm

@libnesh 08706067766.. i just renewed my discretionary leave and i did not use a lawyer... i did it all by my self..if yr child is british and yr wife is british include all their passports , council tax bills , tenancy agreement, any thing you can lay yr hands on..you shld be fine and youi can also contact yr local citizens advice bureau for free legal services on immigratn .......mafi mush kila

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:08 pm

@ yummymummy3j but can you tell me when you got the first discretionary leave was it on FL O or was it thru asylum refusal ? waiting for replay

thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Yummy was under flr(o) on family life grounds, you need to check with an advisor as an incorrect application could put you on a 10 year route to settlement.

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:26 pm

thanks D4109125 really helpful and im goin to see a free immigration adviser next Monday iwill update you guys abt what he says on my case so ppl in similar case of mine will know about it

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:41 am

libnesh wrote:@ yummymummy3j but can you tell me when you got the first discretionary leave was it on FL O or was it thru asylum refusal ? waiting for replay

thank you
@yummyyummy, could you please share the timescale of your DL renewal?

Thanks
Live and let live

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 am

HRY2005 wrote:
libnesh wrote:@ yummymummy3j but can you tell me when you got the first discretionary leave was it on FL O or was it thru asylum refusal ? waiting for replay

thank you

Thanks
See here (click), it took 10 months.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 am

D4109125 wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:

thank you

Thanks
See here (click), it took 10 months.
Thanks D4109125
Live and let live

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 pm

with yummymummy3j he granted discretionary leave at first place when he applied for the FLR O so he extended it with the same app which is FLR O but my case is with refusal asylum been grant discretionary leave and now i want to extend it thru having a british family so what form is the best ???

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:43 pm

@hry2005 i was initially granted 3 yrs in 2009 and applied for extension last yr ,i ws granted after 10 month wait... l

libnesh
Newly Registered

Post by libnesh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@hry2005 i was initially granted 3 yrs in 2009 and applied for extension last yr ,i ws granted after 10 month wait... l
was the first 3 years under the refusal asylum ?

odat
Jordan

Re: extending discretionary leave to remain DL

Post by odat » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 pm

@libnesh if you are granted 3 years Discretionary Leave refusal asylum before 20 July 2011 Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) outside the Rules should be granted. the right form is DL

this information from the home office website

Where removal is no longer considered appropriate following consideration of the exceptional factors set out in Paragraph 353B of the Immigration Rules and the guidance in Chapter 53 of the EIG, 30 months DL should be granted, unless one of the following situations applies:

o Where the UK Border Agency (as it was) made a written commitment that a case would be considered either before 20 July 2011 or before 9 July 2012, but failed to do so, and later decides that a grant is appropriate;

o Where the UK Border Agency (as it was) made a decision either before 20 July 2011 or before 9 July 2012 that a grant of leave on the grounds then listed in Chapter 53 was not appropriate, but after that date carried out a reconsideration of that decision and - on the basis of the same evidence - decides that the earlier decision was wrong and leave should have been granted.

Where the above applies and the relevant date was before 20 July 2011 – Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) outside the Rules should be granted. This is because prior to 20 July 2011 ILR was normally granted to cases which met the exceptional circumstances in Chapter 53 of the EIG. Where the above applies and the relevant date was before 9 July 2012, 3 years DL should be granted, with the person normally becoming eligible to apply for settlement after two periods of 3 years DL. This is because between 20 July 2011 and 9 July 2012 the UK Border Agency granted 3 years DL in cases that met the exceptional circumstances in Chapter 53 of the EIG. These cases will normally be eligible to apply for settlement after 6 years.

 If a decision maker considers that there are other exceptional, compelling reasons to depart from the policy of granting 30 months DL, the case must be referred to a Senior Caseworker for further consideration. In all other cases 30 months (2.5 years) DL is normally the appropriate period of leave to grant.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 pm

refusal asylum but been giving discretionary leave 3 YEARS the right form is DL
IF YOU granted discretionary BEFORE 20 July 2011 ILR outside the Rules should be granted
IF YOU granted discretionary between 20 July 2011 and 9 July 2012 the UK Border Agency granted 3 years DL

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Dear Bro and Sis,

I got DLR in Jun 2012 with my wife and two sons (total 4 family members). I have been working for 2 years and 3 months for 30 hours a week and also getting working tax credit weekly 88 pounds. I am paying full housing and full council tax because my both the sons working part time, we came in this country in Sep 2008 and claimed asylum at Heathrow Airport. I am a political worker and applied asylum in the basis of persecution and torture from ruling party at that time in Pakistan, 3 years ago my leader was in exile and went to Pakistan and arrested by caretaker government formed by ruling party's President, my leader cases running in courts and he could not leave country until cases will finish (they put him in immigration exit control list) and that party is very influential and strong in all part of Pakistan and internal relocation option is very dangerous for me and my family. The current government is also supporting last government and they treated same with my leader, so my circumstances are still dangerous. Please any one kindly give me hopeful response coz I am very upset and worried about my case.

I am law abiding person and doing volunteering work with 3 organization after job once a week and integrate with local people and also at work.
Thanksc

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm

As per DLR new policy wef 6 Apr 15, the govt implemented fee of 649 pounds per person and Immigration healthcare surcharges fee per person per year is 200 pounds...its mean if one person apply DLR 3 years extension he should pay 1249 pounds. It was very upsetting and unfair with those who apply after 6 Apr 15.

We request to the govt please reverse this decision coz peoples can't afford this huge amount.