ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unlimited Workpermit info

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

south
Newly Registered

Unlimited Workpermit info

Post by south » Thu May 24, 2007 12:31 pm

Just thought I'd pass on information in regards to unlimted WP

Just spoke to someone in the Dept of enterprise, trade and employment and unfortunately Unlimited workpermits will not be issued to an employee if he or she has not worked for the same employer for 5 years.

So if you've been working in Ireland for 5 years or more and switched employers during that time you will not qualify.
:(

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:00 pm

can anyone confirm this ?

really

hussie
Newly Registered

Post by hussie » Sun May 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Not sure what you mean with unlimited WP. I've been working with 2 different companies, having WP's at each. After 6 years I applied for citizenship and got 5 year long term. So no WP required anymore.

So if you're NOT talking about residency, then I recommend applying for long term residency. If you ARE talking about LTR, then I think they told you the wrong info since I got mine.

south
Newly Registered

Post by south » Sun May 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi

I have applied for LTR but am one of the many who will be waiting for another few months. according to latest info 6 months or more :(
In a Previous topic on this forum I was told that my employer would not have to keep on paying for my WP after 5 years while I'm waiting for LTR as I should be able to get an unlimited WP for the company I work for.

In the mean time I found out that I do not qualify as I switched employers few years back.

This means that my employer has to keep on paying for my WP, even though I've been working in Ireland for 5 1/2 years, until I receive LTR.

kazinirl

Unlimited workpermit info

Post by kazinirl » Sun May 27, 2007 6:19 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, but I have been reading the topics and posts for the last 5months.

I have been waiting for my LTR since Feb this year, and have applied new work permit as I have to obtain valid workpermit until I get LTR.

Although my new workpermit will be the 7th one, I am not entitled to get Unlimited workpermit, because I had changed the employer before and this time, I have been made redundancy and I have just got a job offer.
So, this is going to be NEW permit.

South,
If your employer doesn't want to pay the fee, but they still offer you the job, YOU can apply for renewal permit and pay the fee yourself.
This is what I have done for my new workpermit application this time.
Because I thought my new employer wouldn't have offered me the job if I had asked them to get workpermit for me.

http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... itform.pdf
See the page 3 "Payment Details"