ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Showy

Re: Yeah it took about 10 days that I say my acknowledgement

Post by Showy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 am

crl234 wrote:Hi

What is the mail id? Is it : att.oci@hcilondon.in ? I have tried to send e-mail to this id today, but it was failed.

Thanks
Raj

Showy wrote:
abcdef123456 wrote:I was also in the similar situation, applied via post
got the original documents back (with no information on what is happening)
after 10 days, the status website started showing under process
so keep calm, if you have not heard anything, its under process :)
Thanks for the reassurance, I sent an e-mail over the weekend to enquire about the status which they replied to this morning giving me a different acknowledgement number, once I enquired with this all details were seen online and I was really surprised to find out that the OCI is all ready to pick up in London, everything was completed within 4 weeks, really impressed as my own took 16 weeks at Birmingham, I would defo recommend applying at London even if it is via post, as Birmingham applying in person took over 16 weeks...below is the timeline

File Acknowledgment Number GBRL********
Date Of Acknowledgment 19-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number A*******
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 13-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 14-AUG-2013
Document received At LONDON On 20-AUG-2013

Going to send passport for the stamp tomorrow via post..will update once I have received everything...

Many Thanks
Yup that is the Correct E-mail address att.oci@hcilondon.in, I got a response the very next day and as mentioned above the OCI had already been granted even though online it kept on saying 'No Such Record Found'..for some reason my File Number was changed.. so I would defo recommend getting in touch as you never know you may be in the same boat and already got the OCI...with regards to the originals they state that if a SDE is not sent then they will send via normal post but shouldn't have taken this long so enquire about them too.

Good Luck..

crl234

Post by crl234 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Showy wrote:

What is the mail id? Is it : att.oci@hcilondon.in ? I have tried to send e-mail to this id today, but it was failed.

Thanks
Raj

Showy wrote:
abcdef123456 wrote:I was also in the similar situation, applied via post
got the original documents back (with no information on what is happening)
after 10 days, the status website started showing under process
so keep calm, if you have not heard anything, its under process :)
Thanks for the reassurance, I sent an e-mail over the weekend to enquire about the status which they replied to this morning giving me a different acknowledgement number, once I enquired with this all details were seen online and I was really surprised to find out that the OCI is all ready to pick up in London, everything was completed within 4 weeks, really impressed as my own took 16 weeks at Birmingham, I would defo recommend applying at London even if it is via post, as Birmingham applying in person took over 16 weeks...below is the timeline

OCI- Number A*******

Going to send passport for the stamp tomorrow via post..will update once I have received everything...

Many Thanks
Yup that is the Correct E-mail address att.oci@hcilondon.in, I got a response the very next day and as mentioned above the OCI had already been granted even though online it kept on saying 'No Such Record Found'..for some reason my File Number was changed.. so I would defo recommend getting in touch as you never know you may be in the same boat and already got the OCI...with regards to the originals they state that if a SDE is not sent then they will send via normal post but shouldn't have taken this long so enquire about them too.

Good Luck..
Hi Showy

Not sure, what is going wrong, I am keep getting demon failure:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

att.oci@hcilondon.in

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain hcilondon.in by hcilondon.in. [95.142.159.80].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 No Such User Here"

munshee
Newly Registered

Application at HCI London

Post by munshee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:53 pm

If you are going to HCI London, here is my (long) story in case it helps...
1 ) I live way outside London - it was 8am by the time I reached HCI... there were 2 queues - both very long.
2 ) Asked 3 different people at various points in the queues to identify the correct queue for OCI. The other queue is the'passport' queue BTW.
3 ) Stood in line, browsed on the phone for about 45 min before the security (?!?) started issuing tokens. My token number was 470. OCI tokens start at 400.
4 ) The security told me it will take at least till 10:30 am for my turn to arrive... so went to a nearby eatery and had a relaxed breakfast.
5 ) Returned at 10:15 and security guys outside told me that only token number 430 had been processed so far. So sat outside next to Nehru's statue and did some more generic browsing on the phone/ amusing eavesdropping on other people's application experiences.
6 ) Finally walked in about 11am and watched the tamasha (i.e. various arguments at various counters at various levels of anger) inside for about 1 hr - finally my turn arrived at about 12 noon.
7 ) They retain the photocopies and return the originals - takes about 3 min at the counter if all is in order. You have to take the original SC along and for a family member who doesn't have SC, an original document to prove relationship (for example, birth cert).

My two cents
1 ) The HCI guys at the counters are nicer to you if your docs are well organised (one separate set per family member, for example).
2 ) Definitely reach HCI by 0830 - there is a limited number of tokens per day and ensure you are in the correct queue.
3 ) You dont need to get your entire family to the HCI. There were people with howling 3-month old babies standing for hours in the morning chill!
4 ) If you can, apply in person at the HCI - it seems (and I have yet to find out for myself) the process is faster than applying by post or at Birmingham.
5 ) Get all the required documents. From observing the rejections at the HCI counters, the only reason your application wont happen is if you dont have a correct document (original + self-attested photocopies).

Showy

Post by Showy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:46 am

crl234 wrote:
Showy wrote:

Thanks
Raj

Showy wrote:

OCI- Number A*******

Many Thanks

Good Luck..
Hi Showy

Not sure, what is going wrong, I am keep getting demon failure:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

att.oci@hcilondon.in

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain hcilondon.in by hcilondon.in. [95.142.159.80].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 No Such User Here"
Hi

You may want to send using a different e-mail account or even a different PC to rule out issues with your Google Account\Domain or infections on the PC, I would also google the error as there are many articles relating to this message...seem to be caused by the domain and the settings that maybe configured..

all the best...

TintinHerge

Re: Application at HCI London

Post by TintinHerge » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 pm

munshee wrote:If you are going to HCI London, here is my (long) story in case it helps...
1 ) I live way outside London - it was 8am by the time I reached HCI... there were 2 queues - both very long.
2 ) Asked 3 different people at various points in the queues to identify the correct queue for OCI. The other queue is the'passport' queue BTW.
3 ) Stood in line, browsed on the phone for about 45 min before the security (?!?) started issuing tokens. My token number was 470. OCI tokens start at 400.
4 ) The security told me it will take at least till 10:30 am for my turn to arrive... so went to a nearby eatery and had a relaxed breakfast.
5 ) Returned at 10:15 and security guys outside told me that only token number 430 had been processed so far. So sat outside next to Nehru's statue and did some more generic browsing on the phone/ amusing eavesdropping on other people's application experiences.
6 ) Finally walked in about 11am and watched the tamasha (i.e. various arguments at various counters at various levels of anger) inside for about 1 hr - finally my turn arrived at about 12 noon.
7 ) They retain the photocopies and return the originals - takes about 3 min at the counter if all is in order. You have to take the original SC along and for a family member who doesn't have SC, an original document to prove relationship (for example, birth cert).

My two cents
1 ) The HCI guys at the counters are nicer to you if your docs are well organised (one separate set per family member, for example).
2 ) Definitely reach HCI by 0830 - there is a limited number of tokens per day and ensure you are in the correct queue.
3 ) You dont need to get your entire family to the HCI. There were people with howling 3-month old babies standing for hours in the morning chill!
4 ) If you can, apply in person at the HCI - it seems (and I have yet to find out for myself) the process is faster than applying by post or at Birmingham.
5 ) Get all the required documents. From observing the rejections at the HCI counters, the only reason your application wont happen is if you dont have a correct document (original + self-attested photocopies).
Classic post. Well done Munsheeji

nnn
Newly Registered

Re: Application at HCI London

Post by nnn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 pm

[quote="munshee"]If you are going to[b] HCI London[/b], here is my (long) story in case it helps...
7 ) They retain the photocopies and return the originals - takes about 3 min at the counter if all is in order. You [u]have[/u] to take the original SC along and for a family member who doesn't have SC, an original document to prove relationship (for example, birth cert).

[b]My two cents
[/b]1 ) The HCI guys at the counters are nicer to you if your docs are well organised (one separate set per family member, for example).
5 ) Get all the required documents. From observing the rejections at the HCI counters, the only reason your application wont happen is if you dont have a correct document (original + self-attested photocopies).[/quote]

So helpful! Thanks a lot for this, I followed your advice and didn't waste a lot of time loitering about!

chipan671
Newly Registered

OCI COLLECTION - URGENT

Post by chipan671 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I need an advise on OCI collection. My OCI card has been delivered to Birmingham CGI on 6th Sept. However I am flying out of the UK on 13th September and returning to UK on 27th September.

Could someone advise me howlong Birmingham CGI hold OCI card ?

I have been quoted that they hold it for 3 weeks only !! My journey may not fit within their critieria and I am well confused :? . My journey is un-avoidable and can't take a risk to give passport to CGI Birmingham as they take 5 working days to stamp OCI.

Can someone senior advise please.

Thanks

CHIPAN671

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:28 pm

I submitted my British passport this morning for the OCI stamp and will be collecting it at 4.30pm today.

So will there be just a stamp on my British passport or will I be given a card as well? Just good to be sure

TintinHerge

Re: OCI COLLECTION - URGENT

Post by TintinHerge » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:29 pm

chipan671 wrote:Hi Guys,

I need an advise on OCI collection. My OCI card has been delivered to Birmingham CGI on 6th Sept. However I am flying out of the UK on 13th September and returning to UK on 27th September.

I have been quoted that they hold it for 3 weeks only !! My journey may not fit within their critieria and I am well confused :? . My journey is un-avoidable and can't take a risk to give passport to CGI Birmingham as they take 5 working days to stamp OCI.

Thanks

CHIPAN671
I have not heard of any such rule that they will only hold for 3 weeks. I collected mine after 2 weeks and they did not even check anything (I think).

Showy

Post by Showy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:11 pm

TintinHerge wrote:

Thanks

CHIPAN671
I have not heard of any such rule that they will only hold for 3 weeks. I collected mine after 2 weeks and they did not even check anything (I think).
I have heard that they usually hold it for upto 2 months and then they do attempt to contact you before making a decision...not heard of 3 weeks though...If it has arrived in Birmingham why don't you just collect it..you can pick on same day..

Showy

Post by Showy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm

TintinHerge wrote:I submitted my British passport this morning for the OCI stamp and will be collecting it at 4.30pm today.

So will there be just a stamp on my British passport or will I be given a card as well? Just good to be sure
Stamp in passport and a OCI Booklet...

chipan671
Newly Registered

Post by chipan671 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Showy wrote:
TintinHerge wrote:

Thanks

CHIPAN671
I have heard that they usually hold it for upto 2 months and then they do attempt to contact you before making a decision...not heard of 3 weeks though...If it has arrived in Birmingham why don't you just collect it..you can pick on same day..
Two months :D That's a big relief.... One "intelligent" person told me about 3 weeks (may be pulling my leg). As per CGI Website, they take 5 working days to stamp the passport (Don't know why so long) therefore can't take the risk.

Thank you guys.

Showy

Post by Showy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm

chipan671 wrote:
Showy wrote:
TintinHerge wrote:

Thanks

CHIPAN671
Two months :D That's a big relief.... One "intelligent" person told me about 3 weeks (may be pulling my leg). As per CGI Website, they take 5 working days to stamp the passport (Don't know why so long) therefore can't take the risk.

Thank you guys.
Never heard of anyone as of yet that has returned from having their passport stamped empty handed the same day, the 5 day would be by post but in person they are quite effecient to return the same day as long as you get there on time as per previous comments...but of course it will be your choice...I assume you have already got the relevant visa to travle anyway..have fun..

chipan671
Newly Registered

Post by chipan671 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Showy wrote:
chipan671 wrote:
Showy wrote:
TintinHerge wrote:

Thank you guys.
Never heard of anyone as of yet that has returned from having their passport stamped empty handed the same day, the 5 day would be by post but in person they are quite effecient to return the same day as long as you get there on time as per previous comments...but of course it will be your choice...I assume you have already got the relevant visa to travle anyway..have fun.

Not trying to contradict what you are saying but sadly CGI BIRMINGHAM's website says the following.

"c) Collection of OCI documents :
On learning that your OCI documents have been received by the Consulate from India, applicant is required to come in person (applicant can also send a duly authorized person), and deposit his/her foreign passport & PIO card (if any) with the Consulate on any working day between 09.30 am to 12.00 noon. It is advised that a printout of the online status that the OCI visa has been received in the Consulate along with fee receipt issued is enclosed along with the Passport. The visa affixed passport along with OCI card could be collected after seven working days between 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm. .

chipan671
Newly Registered

Post by chipan671 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Showy wrote:
chipan671 wrote:
Showy wrote:
TintinHerge wrote:

Thank you guys.
Never heard of anyone as of yet that has returned from having their passport stamped empty handed the same day, the 5 day would be by post but in person they are quite effecient to return the same day as long as you get there on time as per previous comments...but of course it will be your choice...I assume you have already got the relevant visa to travle anyway..have fun.

Not trying to contradict what you are saying but sadly CGI BIRMINGHAM's website says the following.

On learning that your OCI documents have been received by the Consulate from India, applicant is required to come in person (applicant can also send a duly authorized person), and deposit his/her foreign passport & PIO card (if any) with the Consulate on any working day between 09.30 am to 12.00 noon. It is advised that a printout of the online status that the OCI visa has been received in the Consulate along with fee receipt issued is enclosed along with the Passport. The visa affixed passport along with OCI card could be collected after seven working days between 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm. .

Showy

Post by Showy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:00 pm

chipan671 wrote:
Showy wrote:
chipan671 wrote:
Showy wrote:

Thank you guys.

I have read that myself and then after reading these forums realised the process seems to have changed now as they limit the number of applicants per day thus allowing them time to process the OCI Stamps, the info you have mentioned seems to have been at a time when they had 100s of applicants each day and no time to process anything else..but I'm sure others can confirm either way...

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 am

For those who are going to collect their OCI stamp and booklet, please remember to take the print-out of the online status, along with your British passport. I didn't take it and had to go back and get it.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 am

My timeline:

Applied At HCI London (in person)
Applied On : 30-JUL-2013
Date of Acknowledgement: 30-JUL-2013
Documents Printing Status Processed: 26-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI) New Delhi: 27-AUG-2013
Document received At London: 29-AUG-2013
Document collected on: 10-SEP-2013

sheff
Newly Registered

OCI collection from Birmingham by pOST

Post by sheff » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:24 am

Hi

Can anyone advises how long does it take to get the OCI back by post from Birmingham consulate. I sent my passport on 22nd of August by special delivery which was received by Birmingham consulate on 27th Of August...I am still waiting and have not received back my passport along with OCI?

Regards,

chipan671
Newly Registered

Post by chipan671 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Showy wrote:
chipan671 wrote:
Showy wrote:
chipan671 wrote:

Thank you guys.

I have read that myself and then after reading these forums realised the process seems to have changed now as they limit the number of applicants per day thus allowing them time to process the OCI Stamps, the info you have mentioned seems to have been at a time when they had 100s of applicants each day and no time to process anything else..but I'm sure others can confirm either way...
I just received an email confirmation from Birmingham CGI. They are flexible with time as mentioned in this great forum here. Thanks for your support guys - much appreciated.

Thanks again and good luck

Showy

Re: OCI collection from Birmingham by pOST

Post by Showy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 pm

sheff wrote:Hi

Can anyone advises how long does it take to get the OCI back by post from Birmingham consulate. I sent my passport on 22nd of August by special delivery which was received by Birmingham consulate on 27th Of August...I am still waiting and have not received back my passport along with OCI?

Regards,
Hi Sheff

Birmingham Consulate is a bit of a pain, seems to be hit and miss with them, mine took over 3 weeks and that was after sending them 2 e-mails and 1 phone call....I actually managed to speak to a very nice lady who told me that postal OCI stamps get put on a separate pile and each day the applications that come in person are prioritised and in between if there is time the postal OCIs are progressed, these need to be signed by the consul and that takes time as he can only do so many a day (apprantly very busy individual), but after my phone call she went and found my applications (3 of these) called me back to say she found them and then she promised to put them at the top and get them out the same day...and guess what!!!... she did, I got them the next day...so I am sure they would still be going through some pile and if they are urgent you can e-mail or call them to find status...

Hope it helps...

sheff
Newly Registered

Post by sheff » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:49 am

Showy wrote:

Regards,
Hi Sheff

Birmingham Consulate is a bit of a pain, seems to be hit and miss with them, mine took over 3 weeks and that was after sending them 2 e-mails and 1 phone call....I actually managed to speak to a very nice lady who told me that postal OCI stamps get put on a separate pile and each day the applications that come in person are prioritised and in between if there is time the postal OCIs are progressed, these need to be signed by the consul and that takes time as he can only do so many a day (apprantly very busy individual), but after my phone call she went and found my applications (3 of these) called me back to say she found them and then she promised to put them at the top and get them out the same day...and guess what!!!... she did, I got them the next day...so I am sure they would still be going through some pile and if they are urgent you can e-mail or call them to find status...

Hope it helps...

Thanks Showy.This information certainly helps.

ykalamkar
Newly Registered

Post by ykalamkar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi Showy,
What was the phone number for Birmingham office ??? I have e mailed so many times but hasn't had a reply yet!

ykalamkar
Newly Registered

Post by ykalamkar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm

sheff wrote:
Showy wrote:

Regards,
Hi Sheff

Hope it helps...
Which number did u call??

Thanks Showy.This information certainly helps.

Showy

Post by Showy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 am

ykalamkar wrote:Hi Showy,
What was the phone number for Birmingham office ??? I have e mailed so many times but hasn't had a reply yet!
OCI queries: 0121-236-3109 ( I called this one)
Passport, PIO and Consul Services: 0121-212-2782
Visa Services: 09057570045 (premium rate)

Thanks