ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M - Financial requirement

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm

arp wrote:Hi,
My wife is on Tier 1 visa and it will be expiring on end October. I was on her dependent visa and in June I got my ILR via 10 year route.

She is changing her status as my dependent and she will be applying via FLR(M) route with out any dependent.

She earns over 25k annual and for financial requirement can she apply for FLR (M) only with her employment details ? Or do I have to give my employment details as I'm the sponsor of her ?

Thanks,
ARP
No harm in doing so. However, my suggestion is to go for PEO and get it done then and there. As lately, members have been experiencing prolonged delays where the main applicant had acquired ILR via 10 LR Route.

If you happen to attend the PEO then take all of your documents and see if you can skip your (Employment) details from the form. On a serious note I'd think your employment history is mandatory unless you aren't employed.

But this way you'd at least have a chance to amend the form unlike postal application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

arp
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M - Financial requirement

Post by arp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for your advice. Reason I was going to avoid my employment details because. I'm working for a company and get paid as a self employed employer since January 2013. I earn over 26K annually. I was in salaried employment before that though. Because I haven't been in salaried employment for reason 9 months, that's why I was not going to include my details.

Thanks
Damanisshallo wrote:
arp wrote:Hi,
My wife is on Tier 1 visa and it will be expiring on end October. I was on her dependent visa and in June I got my ILR via 10 year route.

She is changing her status as my dependent and she will be applying via FLR(M) route with out any dependent.

She earns over 25k annual and for financial requirement can she apply for FLR (M) only with her employment details ? Or do I have to give my employment details as I'm the sponsor of her ?

Thanks,
ARP
No harm in doing so. However, my suggestion is to go for PEO and get it done then and there. As lately, members have been experiencing prolonged delays where the main applicant had acquired ILR via 10 LR Route.

If you happen to attend the PEO then take all of your documents and see if you can skip your (Employment) details from the form. On a serious note I'd think your employment history is mandatory unless you aren't employed.

But this way you'd at least have a chance to amend the form unlike postal application.

thesk000

ukba link to page

Post by thesk000 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 am

Hello

I read a letter online from freedom of information team dated 22 aug 2013 and it states they are currently considering FLR(M) application where biometrics was taken 26 july 2013.

apparently the website is updated with this information. can someone please provide link to this page on the ukba website coz i cant find it.

all i want to do is to check if this info is updated regularly.

my time line
application sent 19/08/13
acknowledgement 21/08/13
biometrics letter 27/08/13
biometrics sent 31/08/13
rain dance since 01/09/13

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Whatdotheyknow.com wrote:3) Are all applications completed in biometrics order? We are currently considering FLR(M) applications where Biometrics were taken on 26 July 2013.

To ensure that we remain within service standards long-term, we are considering some cases out of date order. This approach ensures that we are dealing with older cases and that we are not delaying the process of new applications.
I wonder if this information is updated on the UKBA's Website...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

johnny04

Recourse to Public Funds

Post by johnny04 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:26 am

Hello guys,

I have a question.....

Is anyone under FLRM entitled to public funds?

thesk000

Post by thesk000 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks for the quick response
but apologies if I was not clear Damanisshallo, but what I want is the link on the UKBA website to the processing time.
I have the copy of the letter but need to see this page on UKBA website which says " We are now considering application ..................."

Thanks

damantsys
Newly Registered

Post by damantsys » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:52 am

Hello All,

I had applied for a settlement Spouse visa as my husband is already in Uk from Pune,Maharashtra on 7th August 2013.

Currently i am waiting for my visa,though i am sure on all the documents i have few below queries,Please help me.

1. when can i expect my Visa if i had submitted in Pune VFS office on 7th august and it reached Mumbai on the same day and i got a sms

2. i had completed Bachelor of engineering from India though in my degree it was not specifically written that the medium of teaching was English, i requested my college and my university to provide an covering letter or transcript stating that the medium of teaching was English,which i submitted along with the other degree certificates and gave for visa processing,is this sufficient for English language requirement.

Thanks in advance.
Neha

damantsys
Newly Registered

Post by damantsys » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am

sufikardame wrote:Thanks for the quick response
but apologies if I was not clear Damanisshallo, but what I want is the link on the UKBA website to the processing time.
I have the copy of the letter but need to see this page on UKBA website which says " We are now considering application ..................."

Thanks
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

damantsys
Newly Registered

Post by damantsys » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:21 pm

sufikardame wrote:Thanks for the quick response

Thanks
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Ombudsman.

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:24 am

For all those who are waiting for more than 6 months

I've some news on my partner's FLR(M). After waiting for more than 9.5 months, my partner has been approved her FLR(M).

Things I've done:

Once I received my ILR, I sent photocopies of my BRP and Approval letter to FLR(M) Dept in Sheffield.
Sent a complaint to local MP after waiting for 3 weeks from my ILR date.
My MP sent a response to wait for 4 weeks and I shall receive an update from UKBA. (Which did not happened)

Sent a reminder after 4 weeks as advised by my MP.
This time my MP asked me to wait for few more days.

After waiting for 3 more weeks I sent Parliamentary Ombudsman Form along with copies of Acknowledgement Letter, Bio-metric invitation letter and copies of letters to/from my MP to my Local MP to lodge a complaint against UKBA with Parliamentary Ombudsman.

After two weeks when I contacted the Parliamentary Ombudsman, I learnt that the complaint wasn't sent to them by my MP. I reported the same to my MP's office and then they lodged it with Parliamentary Ombudsman.

I got an acknowledgement letter from Parliamentary Ombudsman prompting that they are liaising with the UKBA and that they've given them (UKBA) 15 days to get back with an answer.

Within a week from this Acknowledgement letter my wife received her application outcome with flying colors. (Though not World Class Service as repeatedly claimed by the UKBA)

So my appeal to everyone waiting for more than the stipulated time to follow this process to speed up your application process.

I hope this info is of some use to some if not many.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 am

Saanju9 I am hoping you can guide me in my query. I applied finace' visa for my partner to come to UK as we wanted to get married here. He did A1 English test earlier this year which was included in his finace' visa application. He then got the visa in August and now is in the UK. We will get getting married very soon and will apply for FLR(M) after that but we dont have a ceremony appointment yet. By the time it will be done the English language requirement will be changed to B1 level.

Will he have to do the test again for FLR(M) or his previous A1 will be accepted as technically this is an extension of the previous visa so the test he did previously should be acceptable. Can you please help.

icehouse256

Appeal

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Has anyone attended an appeal hearing based on the 18600 finance ? i am still waiting for my determination, my appearing hearing date was this September, and i was initially refused too because my wife was not earning 18,600 at the time of the application. Can anyone tell me what questions they were asked at the hearing and how well they were able to answer ? Because mine, the HO representative was asking questions regarding what we ate a week before and where we went on my wife's birthday, regarding the food, our answers did not match but my lawyer was able to defend us very well. I just want what type of questions you were asked etc.

Thanks

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

my time line

Post by mrsheveran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32 am

hi,
I hope im posting in the right section coz I applied the FLRM but they granted me DLR
After 4 yrs. of struggle I was notified today that I would be granted DLR for 30 months being an over stayer which was their fault in the first place in taking time for issuing the Certificate of Approval which is now abolished.

timeline from switching student visa to DLR:

28/03/2009: Applied extension as a student

26/09/2009: got married

04/10/2009: extension refused, given right of appeal

Nov 2009: lodged appeal and applied for certificate of approval to register the marriage

Jan 2010: Appeal refused, became an over stayer

Nov 2010: granted certificate of approval

Sep 2011: registered marriage in the local borough

Jan/Feb 2012: did English Language tests

April 2012: Applied FLRM

May 2012: done biometrics

Jan 2013: Refused FLRM given the reasons of having no insurmountable obstacles in going back to home country and applying entry clearance, no right of appeal given.

Feb to May 2013: Stupid solicitor wasted time in applying permissions of appeals in the tribunals which were all refused, wasting time for JR and money.

July 2013: applied FLRM again gave all the reasons for insurmountable obstacles I-e: kids, my husband's disability.

29/07/2013: done biometrics

06/09/2013: asked for more evidence by the home office

18/09/2013: sent the requested evidence

20/09/2013: asked for further evidence by the home office

03/10/2013: sent the requested evidence again

09/10/2013: got a letter with whole set of documents saying Im being granted Discretionary Leave to Remain for 30 months!!!!

Phew!!!! what a struggle it has been but in the end I was successful indeed coz they knew and I knew my case was strong.
so to all the people who r disappointed and still waiting, be patient for God gives success to those who r patient and steadfast in their matters. :)

ashconnor
Newly Registered

Post by ashconnor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:28 am

My wife was previously on a Tier 4 visa.

13/08/2013: Application submitted
22/08/2013: Letter acknowledging application
31/08/2013: Biometrics letter (name incorrect had to call them to get it fixed)
05/09/2013: New Biometrics letter sent
06/09/2013: Biometrics submitted
11/10/2013: Application accepted, all docs returned including a letter informing that a new biometrics card will be delivered via courier in 10 days

Less than 2 calendar months. Not a bad turnaround.

Confused though. Letter states:

"As a person who has entered a marriage to someone settled in this country you may now stay here for a further period of two years"

I thought FLR(M) visas were valid for 30 months.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Johnny04

Hello guys,

I have a question.....

Is anyone under FLRM entitled to public funds?
Hi Johnny04, it will be stated on your residency permit card that there is no recourse to public funds.

That's one of the reasons that they make sure you at least reach the £18,600 earnings as they don't want to approve people who will need to claim public funds. However, healthcare is allowed.

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Flr(m)

Post by rajiv.80 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Dear D4109125, Damanisshallo and the Guru's of this kind foram, I have recent got my ilr through 10 years long residence. When may application was pending because my visa was running out as my solicitor adviced me to apply flr(o) for my wife and two kids and he said as soon i get my ilr he will vary the application to flr(m). Now this month i got my ilr and strangely ukba issued my wife and kids dlr for 30 months on the same day but we requested ukba to hold their application until i get ilr then we will vary the application to Flr(m) as i was present but not setteled at the time of application. At first my solicitor phoned me and told me my wife got spouse visa granted i was very happy but when i went to collect id card and documents i saw it was for family and private life not spouse visa. When i told my solicitor he seems confused aswell. Now please can you tell me if i apply for flr(m) for my wife now do i need to show income of 18600?? My wife's last pbs dependent visa was granted on january 2012. Before i had my ilr my status was t4 general student and last one and half year i didn't have work right. I am very confused and need your kind advice please. Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Flr(m)

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 am

rajiv.80 wrote:Dear D4109125, Damanisshallo and the Guru's of this kind foram, I have recent got my ilr through 10 years long residence. When may application was pending because my visa was running out as my solicitor adviced me to apply flr(o) for my wife and two kids and he said as soon i get my ilr he will vary the application to flr(m). Now this month i got my ilr and strangely ukba issued my wife and kids dlr for 30 months on the same day but we requested ukba to hold their application until i get ilr then we will vary the application to Flr(m) as i was present but not setteled at the time of application. At first my solicitor phoned me and told me my wife got spouse visa granted i was very happy but when i went to collect id card and documents i saw it was for family and private life not spouse visa. When i told my solicitor he seems confused aswell. Now please can you tell me if i apply for flr(m) for my wife now do i need to show income of 18600?? My wife's last pbs dependent visa was granted on january 2012. Before i had my ilr my status was t4 general student and last one and half year i didn't have work right. I am very confused and need your kind advice please. Thanks
I think your solicitor messed it up (I feel so sorry for you). A straight forward FLR(M) with a covering letter to hold until your ILR is sorted would have made your case so easy. AFAIK DLR is out of immigration rules.

See if you can find any interesting facts from Discretionary Leave and read through this thread
Family Members @Page 9 wrote:On 1 October 2004, Command Paper 6339 introduced a requirement preventing switching into the marriage category by a person who only has leave which was granted outside the Immigration Rules. Grants of discretionary leave are outside the Immigration Rules. Therefore those persons granted discretionary leave who apply on or after 1 October 2004 on the basis of a marriage, or the establishment of a partnership with someone present and settled here, cannot seek to switch into leave to remain on the basis of that relationship. Provided the relationship continues to exist they can seek to remain in the UK until they have completed 6 years‟ discretionary leave (in 2 periods of 3 years‟ stay) and then apply for settlement. Or, at a time of their choosing, they can leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance from abroad.
When would she qualify for 10 yrs?
Skydrives, Templates

thesk000

Post by thesk000 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 pm

my time line
application sent 19/08/13
acknowledgement 21/08/13
biometrics letter 27/08/13
biometrics sent 31/08/13
rain dance since 01/09/13
acceptance letter and documents NOT YET RECEIVED ! ! !
biometric permit 24/10/13 (30 months visa granted)

turn around time roughly 9.5 weeks.

from all my experience and inside knowledge of UKBA, easier the case quicker the processing. if you send in answers to all possible questions the UKBA may think of, even the littlest of little things makes the job easier.
example: i submitted acceptance letters to all my previous applications (3) quoting reference numbers and dates, so should they require to check my previous applications for any unknown possibly stupid and just curious reasons, all they need to do is use the reference number
I had been refused visa twice so i submitted refusal letters and the subsequent evidence submitted to over turn decision and explanation notes. another example there was a little confusion over my current postcode, so i submitted letter from builder, letter from estate agent, google map image of post code error etc etc

make a nice little catalogue of your application, number every single page, put an index page. example photographic evidence page 67 - page 91 etc

so literally they had all the answers to everything and easy to find. delays in processing time occurs when UKBA want to cross check or verify information, and if you haven't provided them info they need to write to banks, estate agents, employer etc and each takes their time to reply to UKBA and the delays just keep adding on..

anyways, i will stop my lecture here, and wish all those people waiting best of luck. if you feel you can submit more documents while you are waiting, please do so. example: if it has been over 6 months since you sent application send in another set of 6 month bank statements, wage slips etc with explanatory notes.

once again ...good luck :)

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Re: Flr(m)

Post by rajiv.80 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
rajiv.80 wrote:Dear D4109125, Damanisshallo and the Guru's of this kind foram, I have recent got my ilr through 10 years long residence. When may application was pending because my visa was running out as my solicitor adviced me to apply flr(o) for my wife and two kids and he said as soon i get my ilr he will vary the application to flr(m). Now this month i got my ilr and strangely ukba issued my wife and kids dlr for 30 months on the same day but we requested ukba to hold their application until i get ilr then we will vary the application to Flr(m) as i was present but not setteled at the time of application. At first my solicitor phoned me and told me my wife got spouse visa granted i was very happy but when i went to collect id card and documents i saw it was for family and private life not spouse visa. When i told my solicitor he seems confused aswell. Now please can you tell me if i apply for flr(m) for my wife now do i need to show income of 18600?? My wife's last pbs dependent visa was granted on january 2012. Before i had my ilr my status was t4 general student and last one and half year i didn't have work right. I am very confused and need your kind advice please. Thanks
I think your solicitor messed it up (I feel so sorry for you). A straight forward FLR(M) with a covering letter to hold until your ILR is sorted would have made your case so easy. AFAIK DLR is out of immigration rules.

See if you can find any interesting facts from Discretionary Leave and read through this thread
Family Members @Page 9 wrote:On 1 October 2004, Command Paper 6339 introduced a requirement preventing switching into the marriage category by a person who only has leave which was granted outside the Immigration Rules. Grants of discretionary leave are outside the Immigration Rules. Therefore those persons granted discretionary leave who apply on or after 1 October 2004 on the basis of a marriage, or the establishment of a partnership with someone present and settled here, cannot seek to switch into leave to remain on the basis of that relationship. Provided the relationship continues to exist they can seek to remain in the UK until they have completed 6 years‟ discretionary leave (in 2 periods of 3 years‟ stay) and then apply for settlement. Or, at a time of their choosing, they can leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance from abroad.
When would she qualify for 10 yrs?
. Thank you very much for your kind reply Damanisshallo. She qualify for 10 years in july 2015. She got dlr until april 2016. Can't she apply for flr(m) now??

roshrula
Newly Registered

my timeline

Post by roshrula » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 am

Hi guys. I've been a very quiet observer of this forum. its given me both hope and despair! Anyways I wanted to share my timeline with all of you to be able to contribute :)

Application sent: 30/9/13
Biometrics letter received: 8/10/13
Biometrics given at post office: 9/10/13
Biometrics card received: 31/10/13
Documents received: still waiting...
Type of visa: spouse 30 months
Changed from: fiance visa

So overall it didnt take more than 4 weeks which I am so happy about because now I can apply for jobs with ease! Praying for everyone else on this forum. Good luck all!!

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 am

Dear Damanisshallo
I got my ILR on 14 Oct 2013 as a 10 years route Student Visa. Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who both came UK on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can you please tell me which application form do they have to fill, their recent visa ( Tier 4 student dependent ) expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.
1.Does she have to do again give English test because of new rule?
2.Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son?
3.Do I have to earn 22,000 per annum.?

Thank you in advanced
Bhupal

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:52 am

Bhupal wrote:Dear Damanisshallo
I got my ILR on 14 Oct 2013 as a 10 years route Student Visa. Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who both came UK on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can you please tell me which application form do they have to fill, their recent visa ( Tier 4 student dependent ) expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.
1.Does she have to do again give English test because of new rule?
2.Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son?
3.Do I have to earn 22,000 per annum.?

Thank you in advanced
Bhupal
Since your dependents were issued their visas prior to 9 July 2012, they are covered under Transitional Provision.

WRT English Language Requirement, it is mandatory for any family application to meet this after 28th October 2013.
Skydrives, Templates

arp
Newly Registered

Additional documents required

Post by arp » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 pm

My wife applied for FLR (M) and we have a received a letter asking to provide
"Documentary evidence of ownership of the marital home Or rent book/tenancy agreement AND a letter from the land lord/local authority confirming who is residing
At the marital address ? "

And it says ; This may result your application being refused in accordance to paragraph 322(9) of the Immigration Rules, that is the failure by an applicant to produce with in reasonable time information or other evidence.

We live in rented property and it is fully managed by agent. Agent is refusing to provide any letters regarding who is residing at the address. They are saying as practice they don’t provide letters as such and there is no obligation for them to such a letter to Home office.

Can any one advice how to over come this letter situation ?

Many thanks

waitwaitwait

Re: Additional documents required

Post by waitwaitwait » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 am

arp wrote:My wife applied for FLR (M) and we have a received a letter asking to provide
"Documentary evidence of ownership of the marital home Or rent book/tenancy agreement AND a letter from the land lord/local authority confirming who is residing

And it says ; This may result your application being refused in accordance to paragraph 322(9) of the Immigration Rules, that is the failure by an applicant to produce with in reasonable time information or other evidence.

We live in rented property and it is fully managed by agent. Agent is refusing to provide any letters regarding who is residing at the address. They are saying as practice they don’t provide letters as such and there is no obligation for them to such a letter to Home office.

Many thanks
Agency should not have a problem usually just to give you a letter so not sure why they refusing it.

Easiest option is to send home office the original "Rent Agreement" signed by you and landlord which confirms you are renting that property.

If you are renting through an agency then I am sure you would have original agreement so that should be acceptable proof.

One thing to keep in mind is that it should be valid at the time, for example if your agreement says 12 months from 01/01/2012 then you will need to attach renewal notice too.

Hope this might help, rest i will say the more experienced members might be able to give a bit more info as well.

Wish you good luck with your application.

arp
Newly Registered

Re: Additional documents required

Post by arp » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:19 am

Thank you for the advise.

Trouble is agency says that they don't have obligation to provide letters to Home office and as they don't want to get involve with anything related to Home Office.

I can provide the original tenancy agreement. Now we are on a periodic agreement as original was signed for an year and we have been in the property over an year. I can provide renewal emails received from the agency along with the receipt for renewal fee I paid. Hope this would be sufficient.

Many thanks
waitwaitwait wrote:
arp wrote:My wife applied for FLR (M) and we have a received a letter asking to provide

Many thanks
Agency should not have a problem usually just to give you a letter so not sure why they refusing it.

Easiest option is to send home office the original "Rent Agreement" signed by you and landlord which confirms you are renting that property.

If you are renting through an agency then I am sure you would have original agreement so that should be acceptable proof.

One thing to keep in mind is that it should be valid at the time, for example if your agreement says 12 months from 01/01/2012 then you will need to attach renewal notice too.

Hope this might help, rest i will say the more experienced members might be able to give a bit more info as well.

Wish you good luck with your application.