ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exercising EU rights through agency work?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nemerkh

Exercising EU rights through agency work?

Post by nemerkh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:00 am

Hello again
My EU national wife is currently working in health care through an agency. We asked from the agency a confirmation of employment but they wrote to us that they are not employers and cant guarantee hours but they did mention however that my wife does regularly work there without specifiying. She does more than 20-25 hrs per week on average.
Is she fully exercising EU rights through employment in this case? And am wondering about the legal aspect behind not the common sense one that UKBA doesnt normally take seriously. Thanks in advance. [/list]

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Exercising EU rights through agency work?

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 am

nemerkh wrote:Hello again
My EU national wife is currently working in health care through an agency. We asked from the agency a confirmation of employment but they wrote to us that they are not employers and cant guarantee hours but they did mention however that my wife does regularly work there without specifiying. She does more than 20-25 hrs per week on average.
Is she fully exercising EU rights through employment in this case? And am wondering about the legal aspect behind not the common sense one that UKBA doesnt normally take seriously. Thanks in advance. [/list]

A worker is a person in either full-time or part-time employment. It doesn't matter if they are employed directly by the company or by agency

any work more then 12 hours per week is OK

All you need is Playslip, Contract letter ( if possible )

or Contract letter and amount in the Bank each month or week

or Contract letter
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for the reply.
We have got payslips and money goes into our joint account weekly. Work is defo more than 12 hrs per week on average. No contract letter though as i explained before they denied beong an employer ingeneral and thats what puzzled me.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:55 pm

nemerkh wrote: Work is defo more than 12 hrs per week on average. No contract letter though as i explained before they denied beong an employer ingeneral and thats what puzzled me.
In order to be counted the working activities must be effective and genuine as well as verifiable too on inquiry.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS