ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

update - my wife granted ILR praised God

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luna11
Newly Registered

update - my wife granted ILR praised God

Post by luna11 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi I write this post to encourage those who are in a similar situation to ourselves, I am on disability related benefits, my wife is not working, she recently gave birth to our precious baby boy.
My wife attended Solihull PEO last month for SET M appointment and was approved ILR on the same day, hallelujah thanks you Jesus our Lord and Saviour for answering our prayers.

Here is the list of documents submitted at the interview in a folder with copies.
1. Set M form
2. Passports
3. Life in UK test pass certificate
4. 2 photos of applicant and 1 of partner
5. DWP award letters confirming payments of ESA, DLA, CB and Maternity Grant all payable to applicant partner only ( British Citizen).
7. Letters from HB and CTB confirming payments to the applicant partner ( British Citizen)
8. Proof of cohabitation over 2 years - 6 letters in joint names ( 1letter for each 4 months period).
9 Last 6 months bank statements

We did take 2 extra folders wth back up documents but decided only to give the above folder with the requested documents as listed on the Set M form.
The interveiw lasted about 10 minutes, the gentleman officer was freindly but also serious, requesting us to read the information sheet regarding the immigration rules etc , also making it clear that payment for the application is not a guarantee that the applicant will be granted ILR, then my wife was requested to sign the declaration sheet that she fully understood.
We were then told to wait in the waiting area with other applicants, after about 10 minutes my wife was called to take her biometric, after that we were given the option to wait outside and come back in about 2 hours, during the waiting period there was no indication regarding the status of the application, but we trusted in faith that God has answered our prayers that the application has been granted, we went back to our hotel room at the Premier inn across the road from the PEO office, this was one of the reasons for choosing Solihull PEO, also it is situated in the town centre.
After about 2 hours we went back to the PEO office, my wife received a letter confirming she been granted ILR,
My wife biometric card arrived about 4 days later by courier, praised God.

For those who are reading, this only apply to those who are under the old immigration rules in force prior to 9 July 2012, but should also mention that anyone under the new rules who is disabled or is a carer claiming one of the folllowing related benefits
will be exempted from the new rules financial requirements

 Carer‟s Allowance.
 Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Heisgood

Re: update - my wife granted ILR praised God

Post by Heisgood » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm

luna11 wrote:Hi I write this post to encourage those who are in a similar situation to ourselves, I am on disability related benefits, my wife is not working, she recently gave birth to our precious baby boy.
My wife attended Solihull PEO last month for SET M appointment and was approved ILR on the same day, hallelujah thanks you Jesus our Lord and Saviour for answering our prayers.

Here is the list of documents submitted at the interview in a folder with copies.
1. Set M form
2. Passports
3. Life in UK test pass certificate
4. 2 photos of applicant and 1 of partner
5. DWP award letters confirming payments of ESA, DLA, CB and Maternity Grant all payable to applicant partner only ( British Citizen).
7. Letters from HB and CTB confirming payments to the applicant partner ( British Citizen)
8. Proof of cohabitation over 2 years - 6 letters in joint names ( 1letter for each 4 months period).
9 Last 6 months bank statements

We did take 2 extra folders wth back up documents but decided only to give the above folder with the requested documents as listed on the Set M form.
The interveiw lasted about 10 minutes, the gentleman officer was freindly but also serious, requesting us to read the information sheet regarding the immigration rules etc , also making it clear that payment for the application is not a guarantee that the applicant will be granted ILR, then my wife was requested to sign the declaration sheet that she fully understood.
We were then told to wait in the waiting area with other applicants, after about 10 minutes my wife was called to take her biometric, after that we were given the option to wait outside and come back in about 2 hours, during the waiting period there was no indication regarding the status of the application, but we trusted in faith that God has answered our prayers that the application has been granted, we went back to our hotel room at the Premier inn across the road from the PEO office, this was one of the reasons for choosing Solihull PEO, also it is situated in the town centre.
After about 2 hours we went back to the PEO office, my wife received a letter confirming she been granted ILR,
My wife biometric card arrived about 4 days later by courier, praised God.

For those who are reading, this only apply to those who are under the old immigration rules in force prior to 9 July 2012, but should also mention that anyone under the new rules who is disabled or is a carer claiming one of the folllowing related benefits
will be exempted from the new rules financial requirements

 Carer‟s Allowance.
 Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Congrats
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |