ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 Application ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Did you applied EU-1 Visa

Yes i did and i am waiting
52%
Yes i did and i have been Approved
5%
Yes i did and i Have been refused
24%
Neither of the Above
5%
I am going to Apply
14%

Total votes: 21

runie80
Member of Standing

EU 1 Application ?

Post by runie80 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:50 pm

Hi everyone

I recently joined this forum as was looking for advice regarding the EU-1 application

I have submitted my application last week can you guys please help me what to expect ?

I have sent all the documents

Can they refuse me ?
If so on what grounds and what alternatives i have ?

Also how many people have applied eu-1 here and how many got approved ?

I am EU spouse

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat May 26, 2007 9:08 pm

read through all the posts about the E.U 1 application for the last 6months...they are pretty easy to find. The process can be long and frustrating,try the spousal work permit route for employment.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks very much for your reply

I am currently reading them looks like they are refusing the cases

I got married in Ireland does that makes any difference to my case ?
Or all the applicants here got married in Ireland ?

Also i havent recieved my papers back yet.Can anyone tell me after how long i can call them to get my papers back.

Also has the court case decided ? couldnt find any referance to judgement in these forms

Much much appreciate your respoence.

Thanks

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Sun May 27, 2007 12:20 am

Court case is still on.
Fax them to get papers back. They ignore phone.

10 months here... no decision yet. Got papers after 6 1/2 months and ater asking 3 times them to return them.
"Waiting for namecheck" since 2007.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:11 am

We applied end of July 2006, and our application was turned down in April 2007 on the basis that we haven't lived together in another EU Member State before.

We applealed the decission at the beginning of april and are still waiting for response to that.

We got married in Dublin, so that doesn't make any difference. The only thing we got back were out passports. Someone here said that the court case is now scheduled for the 5th of June, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

A lot of people on here seem to be thinking about moving away. We have decided to move to the UK in July.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:18 am

Hi cartaverde

thanks for reply.

I hope u do get a positive decision soon.

Why are they saying that you must have lived in another eu country ?

where is this condition comming from ?

As far as i know it never was thhere before.

Also one more thing.I have About 6 or 7 multiple Visas to UK since last 5 years. and i have lived in uk for 3 months at one time.

Will that count as residence in another EU country.

Crazy crazy crazy law !

Then they say they are making things easy for Immigrants.

Yes i know Have called them and waited in for for 30 minutes up to several times.

Much appreciate your Input guys.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:35 am

dsab85 wrote:We applied end of July 2006, and our application was turned down in April 2007 on the basis that we haven't lived together in another EU Member State before.

We applealed the decission at the beginning of april and are still waiting for response to that.

We got married in Dublin, so that doesn't make any difference. The only thing we got back were out passports. Someone here said that the court case is now scheduled for the 5th of June, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

A lot of people on here seem to be thinking about moving away. We have decided to move to the UK in July.

I am scared now what once was our right now appears to be not our right.
I applied this year so i think there will be very less hope for me.

but before evey TOM,DICK and Harry used to go in there and get a 5 year old visa. what happened now ?

I am disgusted by the Immigration Depertment in this country.Hardworking people are never rewarded and all those who use loop holes are always through !

I am in Two minds now i dont know what to do should i live here and go through my case or should i widthdraw my case and move to UK or my spouce country and apply from there.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Can anyone please clear this up for me

When you submit your EU-1 Application

do they give you referance number ? If you wana write to someone about your case ?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon May 28, 2007 11:45 am

They are supposed to send you an acknowledgement when you submit the application,but they don't usually do that...we found our case no. when we called the Dept.of justice later. They usually don't accept a visit visa as an indication of residency.
The conditon for residency in another E.U country is not even mentioned in the E.U 1 form, but they made that a requirement in an Irish law passed in January 2007.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/SI656of2 ... of2006.pdf

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:54 am

Yes the Irish law which the passed again for discrimination of foreign nationals. i will read this whole document later tonight

Appears to me that the government in this country is as puzzelled as anyone else they dont know what to do ?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:53 am

Bump !

Keep Voting so we can have any Idea how many people here applied and waiting.Incase we need to make a Joint Effort legally !

Static

Post by Static » Tue May 29, 2007 11:15 am

runie80 wrote:Can anyone please clear this up for me

do they give you referance number ? If you wana write to someone about your case ?
Since September last year we still have not received this number. Don't get your hopes up. Even when we finally got our passports back (after writing, ringing, mailing for 5 months!) we didn't get a reference number.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:20 am

Static wrote:
runie80 wrote:Can anyone please clear this up for me

Since September last year we still have not received this number. Don't get your hopes up. Even when we finally got our passports back (after writing, ringing, mailing for 5 months!) we didn't get a reference number.

Now i am really scared
Coz my visa is running out in August and i dont wana be in a illegal situation.

Its crazy really really crazy. I am sending them letter today to ask for my passports back. I hope i will get them soon

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Tue May 29, 2007 11:22 am

archigabe wrote:They are supposed to send you an acknowledgement when you submit the application,but they don't usually do that...we found our case no. when we called the Dept.of justice later. They usually don't accept a visit visa as an indication of residency.
The conditon for residency in another E.U country is not even mentioned in the E.U 1 form, but they made that a requirement in an Irish law passed in January 2007.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/SI656of2 ... of2006.pdf
As it is said by the F*cker Micheal Mccdowel that the new regulation will effect by the 1st Jan'07.. what about those who applied in 2006 May/June? why they are turning down our applications for the regulation who took effect after 6 months of our submitted applicatons?
Last edited by Sahil on Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Static

Post by Static » Tue May 29, 2007 11:22 am

nah don't be.. you are here legally while they are processing your application. at least that is the one bit of consistent information we have had.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:25 am

Static wrote:nah don't be.. you are here legally while they are processing your application. at least that is the one bit of consistent information we have had.
Yes but when they refuse as they are doing to everyone.What i will do ?

I am paying 1200 euros rent and crazy cost of living here

If they ask me to leave country thats will be a disaster.

I am thinking of getting passport back and applying for a resident visa for uk or Poland

do you think its a realistic option ?

Static

Post by Static » Tue May 29, 2007 11:33 am

runie80 wrote:
Static wrote:nah don't be.. you are here legally while they are processing your application. at least that is the one bit of consistent information we have had.
Yes but when they refuse as they are doing to everyone.What i will do ?

I am paying 1200 euros rent and crazy cost of living here

If they ask me to leave country thats will be a disaster.

I am thinking of getting passport back and applying for a resident visa for uk or Poland

do you think its a realistic option ?
I think it's a good plan, yes. Us too paying 1200 rent on one income, it's mental. We also don't have anywhere to go if this doesn't work out. We sold everything back home and have nobody to help there (or here for that matter)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue May 29, 2007 11:35 am

Sahil wrote: As it is said by the F*cker Micheal Mccdowel that the new regulation will effect by the 1st Jan'07.. what about those who applied in 2006 May/June? why they are turning down our applications for the regulation who took effect after 6 months of our submitted applicatons?
I was informed by someone that there had been a previous legislation signed into law on May 2006, called S.I 226. This law is in the archives section of the INIS website, and it pre-dates the one signed in Dec2006.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/2SI226of ... of2006.pdf

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000074

This does not help us unfortunately, but thankfully we have the Decision of the European Court of Justice from Jan 2007 in case of 'Jia Vs.Migrationsmerket of Sweden in our favour.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 am

archigabe wrote:
Sahil wrote: As it is said by the F*cker Micheal Mccdowel that the new regulation will effect by the 1st Jan'07.. what about those who applied in 2006 May/June? why they are turning down our applications for the regulation who took effect after 6 months of our submitted applicatons?
I was informed by someone that there had been a previous legislation signed into law on May 2006, called S.I 226. This law is in the archives section of the INIS website, and it pre-dates the one signed in Dec2006.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/2SI226of ... of2006.pdf

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000074

This does not help us unfortunately, but thankfully we have the Decision of the European Court of Justice from Jan 2007 in case of 'Jia Vs.Migrationsmerket of Sweden in our favour.

This law by Mc dowell is rubbish. Irish government cannot implement any law and make it superceed the EU law

They should keep in mind that its the "EU" because irish are rich nation today.

Irish law just wana get better deal by getting everything and not goving anything in return. Its carzy . The investors in westren europe have bough properties and business in eastren europe and enjoying life while people from eastren europe still face problems