ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to bring mother on general/parent visa only for 3 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arihan

how to bring mother on general/parent visa only for 3 months

Post by arihan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR in april this year and my wife got her ILR in this month. Now she wants her mother to come here from india only for 3 months in visitor/parent visa. Her mother is govt employee. ( school teacher)

can anyone please let me know what are documents required and any minimum amount to be maintained in the bank account for last three months.

I get 42k salary and my wife gets 22k salary .So who should sponsor her travel accomodation.
Please let me know what are the exact documents required like any letter from landlord, any letter from company , etc.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:22 am

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

arihan

Post by arihan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Any idea what should be the minimum amount to be maintained for last 6 months for my wife in her UK bank salary account to bring her mother here in parent visa only for 3 months.

Seems the exact amount is not mentioned anywhere.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 pm

we supplied 6 mth payslips for both of us. only wife supplied one bank statement most recent. balance was about 5k. also supplied mortgage statement utility bills. mother came here last week.

I think the important bit is what the applicant uses to show/prove her ties to home country. my mother is unemployed (never employed in job), just housewife and a widow. she showed her savings account statement from home country about IRs 10 lakh and some agri property. thats it. this is her second uk visit.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

arihan

Post by arihan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:01 pm

I dont think we need to show that much money. There must be some guidelines as the sponsor should have this much amount in his/her account for last six months.

My wife's mother is govt employee and I don't think she is having any kind of savings in her account. Infact she has taken the bank loan which she is paying at the moment.

Actually my wife's last six months bank statement shows she is having minimum 1000 gbp in her account maintained in her salary account.
For me , its around 2000 gbp in my salary account maintained for last six months.

If we both sponsor will that be enough or is her mother needs to show some money in her account as well???

layman

Post by layman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:54 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote: I think the important bit is what the applicant uses to show/prove her ties to home country.
Get a letter from her employer, income details(salary slips, tax returns), provide any property documents/fixed deposit receipts/bank statements on her name(if available)