ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Parents EU1 Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gismanchester

Dependant Parents EU1 Application

Post by gismanchester » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am

Dear All

i have applied EU1 for my non EU dependant parents, Irish EU Department they did not issued Stamp 4 but they ask for more documents.

could any one please help me why they didn't give stamp 4.

thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm

The only give the Stamp 4 if the application is receivable. There were probably too many documents missing and they will issue it once they are satisfied that most documents have been provided.

What did they request?

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 pm

hi jeupsy

thanks for your reply, they have requested many documents.

1. mother passport ( i didnt send at the time of application bec previous passport was expired)

2. Bank statement (funds to show to maintain dependant without recourse to public funds)

3. Birth Certificate

4. Legal immigration status while in UK

5. land from Landlord

6. Rent agreement Registration of Tenancy Board

7. Health or Medical Insurance

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Ok, you are missing a number of critical documents. At minimum you will have to send the passport, birth certificate, and profs of residence in Ireland before they issue the Stamp 4.

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:51 am

and how they issue stamp 4 , on passport or card ?

and also i have few of documents are missing, do i need to send all of them in once or could i send as much as i have right now.

thanks

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 am

Email them and ask if you can send the documents you have and request the stamp 4. Tell them that you are waiting for the remaining doucments and you will send those as soon as you can. Also give them a date when you will have those documents.

their email address is
eutreatyrights@justice.ie

also print their reply and send along with the the doucments.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:51 am

They will send an application acknowledgement letter that you can bring to the GNIB. With that letter the GNIB will stamp her passport and also issue a GNIB card with Stamp 4.

It depends on which documents you are missing. What do you have for now?
At least you should send the passport, birth certificate, and a proof or residence. The rest can possibly wait - but you can indeed double check with them via email.

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm

The list requested looks pretty straightforward apart from 4 and 7. As I understand your parents don't need to prove they had any sort of legal status while in UK with you, plus if you are working, they shouldn't be required to provide proof of health insurance.

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 pm

ruthie wrote:The list requested looks pretty straightforward apart from 4 and 7. As I understand your parents don't need to prove they had any sort of legal status while in UK with you, plus if you are working, they shouldn't be required to provide proof of health insurance.

Hi ruthie

Thanks for reply, yes every thing is straight forward, expect 4 and 7.

specially legally residence status in UK, as parents was on UK visit visa and i have applied for Leave to remain in UK but they refused application and its in appeal current.

so i am bit confused on that, how to show prove of legal residence in UK, also i am not aware that do we need to prove it or not, i think by EU law, we don't need to show or prove any legal status of the residing country before moving to another EU sate.

any advise ?

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Send a copy of the UK visit visa. That is the proof of their legal status in the UK. That will explain their position in the UK. I do not think your application can be refused on the basis of the type of visa they had for UK, you simply wish to show proof that they are law abiding citizens who were legally in the UK. The UK visitor visa is proof that they obeyed UK immigration law.

Get the health insurance for the parents. It is useless and an expense, but it is necessary. Get the cheapest package and make sure to pay for it every year.

The person who works in Ireland is covered for Irish health care through the payment of tax and pris. This also covers the spouse of the worker and dependent children of the family. It does not cover the dependent parents, so they need health insurance.

If the parents have ever worked in an EU country they may be covered in their own right, particularly if they have any type of old age pension from any EU country.

What age are both of the parents? Depending on age and on if they have financial assets (I'm talking about having 50 thousand euro or so minimum to spend) they may be able to acquire access to an Irish social welfare pension which would cover them for an old age pension, widows pension if one dies and also free public health care.
BL

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Bridge form Ireland,
thanks for your reply. I have got insurance, and send it to EU department.
The insurance, i was told should have fully comprehensive and therefore quite expensive. almost 600 Euroes per person annually. I am studying and also looking for work. I am finding it a bit difficult to secure a job. Do it make any difference to my parents EU1 application if I can not find a job?

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:47 pm

gismanchester wrote:Hi Bridge form Ireland,
thanks for your reply. I have got insurance, and send it to EU department.
The insurance, i was told should have fully comprehensive and therefore quite expensive. almost 600 Euroes per person annually. I am studying and also looking for work. I am finding it a bit difficult to secure a job. Do it make any difference to my parents EU1 application if I can not find a job?
Hi gismanchester,

May I ask where you got the insurance for your parents? If possible I would appreciate if you could PM me some details of the policy. I'm very curious what kind of insurance can cover your parents given they do not yet have a resident visa? Also as I know, most private insurance has a waiting period of 52 weeks or more if for elderly couple, so likely to be 104 weeks.

Thanks.

gismanchester

insurance

Post by gismanchester » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:53 am

Hi

for health insurance you can check Aviva, Laya , GloHealth, VhI.

for health insurance they dont ask for PPS number or Residence card or visa.

thx

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 pm

If you have no job but are an EU citizen who has proof that he is a student then they might get Stamp4, but I think proof of funds may be necessary, which is why they may want bank details.

If you have a job your / their rights are stronger, I think. It does not need to be a well paid job, any job will do, even a part time job. I think you need to focus on getting any type of work. I would suggest you apply to employment agencies for part time work and to shops which may be hiring staff for Christmas.

The health insurance is required but it is almost useless, as the waiting period for pre-existing conditions is likely to be either 5 or ten years, so it is useless. It basically only covers things like road traffic accidents or newly diagnosed conditions.
BL

gismanchester

pps

Post by gismanchester » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Brigid from Ireland

Thank you so much, your advise is always help full.

i will now register with agency now and i am trying my best to start any job, also could you please tell me how i can apply parents PPS number, do they required stamp 4 or any residence permit before applying PPS number ?

and also i went to different banks and they are asking for PPS number before opening my parents bank account, so is there any bank which can open without PPS no.

thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Every bank will ask for a pps number - they are required to do so as this prevents money laundering and fraud.

I would be inclined to apply for the pps numbers, and I would do the following:

1. Apply before they have been in the country for three months (otherwise they may ask you for a payslip). IF you can apply before YOU have been in the country three months, this is even better.
2. Go with your parents to the pps office, take their passports, your passport (to show you are an EU citizen), your pps number and your birth cert (to show you are their child).
3. Take evidence that they have health insurance - the health insurance company should have sent them an insurance card and a letter outlining their policy details. The letter is proof of their address, the health insurance card shows they are covered by their health insurance for health care.
4. Take the letter from immigration which requested further details such as your mothers passport, as proof that immigration know your parents are in the country.

The Irish officials know that your parents are in Ireland, you have informed the immigration department, so there is nothing to lose by applying for a pps number, and they may succeed in getting one.

If the social welfare office query the need for a pps number, explain that you need it in order to get the dependent parent tax credit from revenue. Use that exact phrase 'dependent relative tax credit' and if the social welfare official has not heard of it suggest they look for it on the internet using google. I think that you have a right to get a pps number for them, in order to allow you to claim the tax advantages associated with supporting dependent parents/relatives.

You may also claim 'medical insurance relief' in respect of health insurance premiums paid in respect of a relative for whom you get the dependept relative tax credit.

To be honest, the tax stuff is not worth much, but it gives you a good reason to want a pps number for your parents.

You should apply for the dependent relative tax credit the moment you get a job, as revenue are likely to grant this quite easily, and if one government department grants a tax credit on the grounds that your parents are dependent, this supports your case that they are dependent.
BL

gismanchester

pps

Post by gismanchester » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:00 am

thanks Brigid from Ireland

i will apply for them as soon as possible, another thing i was worried about that parents appeal is pending in UK court and they are in Ireland now, do i need to withdraw that appeal or continue ? as i have applied for dependant visa in UK and they refused there application.

gismanchester

Parents visa

Post by gismanchester » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi,

Received letter from EU Treaty department today, asking for more documents and they did not issued temporary stamp 4, i don't know why they are doing this, also they are asking to provide evidence there legal status in UK before coming into Ireland.

also they are asking to show funds in EU national personal Bank account to confirm that parents will be supported with personal funding not from public funds, so i am confused now how much funds do i need show in my bank account ?

Thanks

Xbox360
Newly Registered

Re: Parents visa

Post by Xbox360 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi Gistmaster ,

Note that I will be going on another holiday shortly, but will spare few minutes to give a few information.

1- If you are sure that you are actually exercising treaty rights in Eire, then you need to be more forceful with the treaty rights section and tell them to give your mum the stamp 4 without delay otherwise you would report them to solvit.

2-prior to that, to be exact with your procedure, you need to show that ur parent was dependent on you from UK because the directive talks of '..from the country which they come from'. The ' legal residence's immaterial because f you can show that they were dependent on you there irrespective f immigration permission, it is considered legal in Eu law.

3- you also need to show they were dependent on you in Eire.

I may not be able to respond back so soon, and note that I only advice people whom i feel their rights are being interfered with.

eu law is about free movement.

Xbox

[quote="gismanchester"]Hi,

Received letter from EU Treaty department today, asking for more documents and they did not issued temporary stamp 4, i don't know why they are doing this, also they are asking to provide evidence there legal status in UK before coming into Ireland.

also they are asking to show funds in EU national personal Bank account to confirm that parents will be supported with personal funding not from public funds, so i am confused now how much funds do i need show in my bank account ?

Thanks[/quote]

gismanchester

Re: Parents visa

Post by gismanchester » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi

could you please tell me how important PRTB is ?
and if this is not available for any reason, can we provide letter from Landlord confirming about renting house ?

also could some one explain about rent book?

Many Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:50 am

Can you list all the documents they are asking for? We can tell you which ones are reasonable asks or not and which one might be delaying the issuance of the Stamp 4 (you mentioned PTRB letter and this is a fairly important one as you need to prove you live in Ireland, but they might accept a copy of your rental agreement or a landlord letter instead).

gismanchester

Re: Dependant Parents EU1 Application Update

Post by gismanchester » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi Everyone

Finally, I got letter from EU treaty right department, for my parents stamp 4, but they give us Stamp for 3 months instead of 6 months.

Do i need to write them letter for 6 months stamp.

Thanks

Kam

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant Parents EU1 Application

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Contact them when the three months is almost complete and include a recent payslip with a request that the permission be extended.

They sometimes give three months at first, and at the end of this will check to see that you still have a job and that you are supporting the dependent parents. So you should keep the payslips from the job. You should also set up a direct debit from your account to the account of your parents for 100 euro per week for each parent (ie 100 for one parent, 200 if both parents are here) as this is the proof you submit to show that you are supporting the parents, and that they are dependent on you. They should take the money out of the account every week/fortnight, to show that they needed the money from you for things like groceries/medicines. You need to keep putting money in their account for all the time they are here, and they need to take it out regularly.

So you do need to write them a letter for the six months stamp, but not yet, you wait until about three weeks before the three month stamp is to end.
BL

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Brigid from Ireland

Thanks for reply and advise i will do the same as you said, also i am exercising EU treaty right as Student and i have already set-up Direct debit of 25 Euros for every week, this is my parents joint bank account, also i have start part time (10- 15 hours/week) self employment with Dominos as deliver driver,they pay me in cash but they give me invoces ect, i was wondering if i could show both thing on same time i.e study and part time employment or self- employment ?

also i have send them my saving bank statement, is there any specific amount of funds need to show in EU citizen bank account ?

thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:34 pm

It sounds as if you are a self employed delivery driver, and if so that means you will need to register as self employed and pay any relevant tax/social insurance charges. The tax office will give you a letter to say you have registered as self employed, and then at the end of the year you do a profit/loss statement and declare any profit/loss and pay tax if there is a profit. So for example you are paid 100 euro in a night, but you must pay for petrol 40 euro that night, then you only earned 60 euro. There might also be costs other than petrol, like insurance/car tax/car maintenance... So you need to keep a record of all these.

Yes, study and part time self employment (or employment) is better than study alone, so you should say about the self employment.

There is no specific amount you need to have saved, but it also depends on your earnings. So for example if you earn 600 euro per week every week, this is enough to support a family of three adults, so you would need very little savings,as you would be supporting them from your earnings. If your earnings are low then you need more savings.
BL