ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Naturalisation for My Wife - Confused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bond123

Applying Naturalisation for My Wife - Confused

Post by bond123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 am

I am currently Indian national and I have for British Citizenship approval from home-office on 02/09/2013, my ceremony is on 11/09/2013. so I will be presented citizenship certificate on that day.

My wife also hold ILR and she already passed LIUK and before the English exam rule apply on 28 Oct 2013, I would like to apply British Citizenship for my wife on the next day 12/09/2013. (3 yr rule will apply to her)

I have read the last page of AN form that

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
• Husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s passport or birth certificate AND
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

My question is that I don't have British passport yet and my birth was in India and its says on birth certificate that Indian Nationality, what should I do?

Should I get the British passport first ?

If I apply for British Passport first, it would cause further 3 weeks delay for her applying as I have to wait for my passport.

Please can someone urgently advise.

cricinfo

Re: Applying Naturalisation for My Wife - Confused

Post by cricinfo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:54 am

bond123 wrote:I am currently Indian national and I have for British Citizenship approval from home-office on 02/09/2013, my ceremony is on 11/09/2013. so I will be presented citizenship certificate on that day.

My wife also hold ILR and she already passed LIUK and before the English exam rule apply on 28 Oct 2013, I would like to apply British Citizenship for my wife on the next day 12/09/2013. (3 yr rule will apply to her)

I have read the last page of AN form that

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
• Husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s passport or birth certificate AND
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

My question is that I don't have British passport yet and my birth was in India and its says on birth certificate that Indian Nationality, what should I do?

Should I get the British passport first ?

If I apply for British Passport first, it would cause further 3 weeks delay for her applying as I have to wait for my passport.

Please can someone urgently advise.
Your naturalization certificate would be as good as british passport so she can apply as spouse of BC on 12/09. You either need British passport or Naturlization certificate as proof of BC. You don't need both.

bond123

Post by bond123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:22 pm

thanks a lot for your reply, one more question, can I apply for my wife on same day when I get British Citizenship certificate after ceremony.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:37 pm

bond123 wrote:thanks a lot for your reply, one more question, can I apply for my wife on same day when I get British Citizenship certificate after ceremony.
Indeed. Once you have original naturalization certificate she can apply as spouse of BC. If she is applying through NCS then they will copy the original certificate and send it HO along with other documents.

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 am

Hi,

I'm also travelling in the same boat.

Which application form we have to use in this case. is it AN1?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:05 am

ananthahari wrote:Hi,

I'm also travelling in the same boat.

Which application form we have to use in this case. is it AN1?
The same one you used. There is only one form for naturalisation.

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Bond123,

Have you submitted your wife's naturalisation form?

bond123

Post by bond123 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 am

Yes, submitted on same day after Citizenship Ceremony, we also received acknowledgement letter today dated 14 Sept 13

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:45 pm

bond123 wrote:Yes, submitted on same day after Citizenship Ceremony, we also received acknowledgement letter today dated 14 Sept 13
Have they debited fees?
I have applied on 12th but till today they have not debited fees.

bond123

Post by bond123 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm

yeh, they wouldnt issue letter until they debit the fees. I applied on 11th Sept 13 and the fees was debited on 14 Sept 13, saturday, bit strange, they must be doing overtime :o

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Bond123,

My wife's aplication fees not yet debited. I have checked royal mail tracking status which says it was delivered from WARRINGTON Delivery Office and signature shows name called "DEVLIN!". I'm little bit worried about my documents.

if you don't mind, could you please check your application tracking status and update me what it shows. Can you please find out whether it was delivered from WARRINGTON Delivery Office or some thing else? and what signature tracking status shows?

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi did u apply through post or ncs if by post did u get ir originals documents with acknowledgement letter or it will b delivered later. Thanks

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Bond123,

did you receive your wife's Naturalisation approval?