ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajesh_b
Newly Registered

Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General)

Post by rajesh_b » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm

I applied for Tier 1 general extension in April 2013, done biometrics in 3 weeks and I have not received any outcome till now. I have received a letter today(18 Sep) dated 14th Sep 2013 saying:
I am writing to update you on the current position of your application for leave to remain as Tier 1 (General) Migrant.
On 6 September 2013 the Government announced changes to the Immigration Rues to take effect from 1 October 2013. These changes were made in response to evidence that some applicants were seeking to abuse the current provisions. As a part of the changes, the Government has introduced a Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General) applicants. The change is applicable to all applicants, including those which were submitted prior to 1 October 2013.

We will contact you in the coming weeks to advice you on how these changes will affect you and what steps (if any) you will need to take before we make a decision on your application.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by delays in reaching a decision on your application, but we must ensure that abuse is effectively tackled in order to protect the integrity of the scheme.
.... '
Did anyone receive any such letters? If so can you please let me know what do they require and what steps(if any) needs to be taken by myself?

Thank you
Rajesh

params0073

Post by params0073 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Did you applied as self employed or employee of your own limited company or employee of different company?

Param

tripple

Post by tripple » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:08 pm

It says on the ukba rules that it not goona effect that ppl who applied before 1st october they not goona appply to them...man I dont know ..even some ppl sent the application on 28 29 th of august and got approval on 14 or 15th ...

tripple

Post by tripple » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Any advice gurus

tripple

Post by tripple » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:45 am

Any one applied in September for tier 1 extension did any one get like this letter? Pls guys share it so we ca discuss about it..... Thanking u

rajesh_b
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_b » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:02 am

params0073 wrote:Did you applied as self employed or employee of your own limited company or employee of different company?

Param
Yes, my previous earnings were from employment(employee of another company) and self employment.

fasdone

Post by fasdone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 am

tripple wrote:Any one applied in September for tier 1 extension did any one get like this letter? Pls guys share it so we ca discuss about it..... Thanking u
I receive this letter as well on the same date , this new rule will apply on all the application submitted before or after 1st of october. See the following link

Point number 150

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

tripple

Post by tripple » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 am

i think they r sending that letter to everyone who applied this month and they will randomly ask for more additional papers or interview.......

ukba rules changing like a toilet tissue changing in the toilet......

fasdone

Post by fasdone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:28 pm

tripple wrote:i think they r sending that letter to everyone who applied this month and they will randomly ask for more additional papers or interview.......

Lol

Did anyone else received this letter.. ?????

poojabhatt

Re: Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General)

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 pm

rajesh_b wrote:I applied for Tier 1 general extension in April 2013, done biometrics in 3 weeks and I have not received any outcome till now. I have received a letter today(18 Sep) dated 14th Sep 2013 saying:
I am writing to update you on the current position of your application for leave to remain as Tier 1 (General) Migrant.
On 6 September 2013 the Government announced changes to the Immigration Rues to take effect from 1 October 2013. These changes were made in response to evidence that some applicants were seeking to abuse the current provisions. As a part of the changes, the Government has introduced a Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General) applicants. The change is applicable to all applicants, including those which were submitted prior to 1 October 2013.

We will contact you in the coming weeks to advice you on how these changes will affect you and what steps (if any) you will need to take before we make a decision on your application.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by delays in reaching a decision on your application, but we must ensure that abuse is effectively tackled in order to protect the integrity of the scheme.
.... '
Did anyone receive any such letters? If so can you please let me know what do they require and what steps(if any) needs to be taken by myself?

Thank you
Rajesh
My situation is exactly the same as Rajesh. Applied in April, biometrics done in the next 3-4 weeks, received exactly the same letter on the 18th (dated the 14th). I believe that they are sending such letters to all applicants who are self employed (either whole or part).

Guys please keep us all posted on any progress

ms13
Newly Registered

Post by ms13 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:31 pm

I have applied by post on Sep6th and received same letter yesterday

fasdone

Post by fasdone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:50 pm

ms13 wrote:I have applied by post on Sep6th and received same letter yesterday

So according to letter will they consider the applications after first of october that why they will be delayed ???

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi All and specially Gurus,

Gurus, please shed some light on the topic.

lwl
Newly Registered

Post by lwl » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:13 pm

I posted my application for the 2nd extentino on 3rd September and received the same letter yesterday.

i'm NOT self employed. I guess HO just stopped processing all applicaitons at the moment.

swati1000
Newly Registered

Post by swati1000 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:33 pm

I applied on 31st August for my second extension and received the same letter.

A reply from senior member will be appreciated.Throwing lights on what will be outcome of this and how bad is situation?

Many thanks in advance

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:51 am

Well I think it's a new standard letter UKBA is sending to all the Tier 1 G applicants.

There might be some new techniques from UKBA now.For example

They will cross check the previous earnings claim with tax paid to the HMRC in the previous application as indicated in the Rules Change Summary.

Close and strict scrutiny of the Self Employed/Limited Company Director etc earnings.

Any money transferred/Withdrawal from the applicant to other parties(As they think same money is coming back to claim earnings point).Applicant might need to back up / proof of their money transfer or withdrawal .

UKBA will check every thing and then if they suspect some thing suspicious then they will ask more documents to prove and or they will ask to attend an interview.

If they think that the application is ok then the applicants will receive as usual.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:11 am

If I am not wrong, Self-employed applicants were already under strict scrutiny, so much so that the decision is not done on same day for them, and automatically moved to postal route?
anyways, sorry to know about current applicants here have to bear the brunt of time delay and suspension of decision.

c4jose
Newly Registered

i got same letter dated 14 sept Saturday

Post by c4jose » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:52 am

I didn't know these guys are open on Saturday
Did they gave to a private company to deal this.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:31 pm

tripple wrote:i think they r sending that letter to everyone who applied this month and they will randomly ask for more additional papers or interview.......

Did all of you guys do your biometrics already?

I applied by post on August 30th, received at UKBA Sept 4th.
I did not receive any such letter so far.
I received a biometrics letter dated the 13th (there was a delay because I paid by cheque), just did biometrics today.
Could it be something they send to those who has done the biometrics already?

Are you guys applying for your first, or second extensions?

I am applying for a second extension, and all earnings are overseas earnings.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:34 pm

It will be interesting to see how they deal with PEO in person applications.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 pm

AUHS wrote:It will be interesting to see how they deal with PEO in person applications.
good point, i sense they may be looking at removing tier1 form the list of PEO applications.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 pm

I don't think they will remove it from PEO lists.

They can do the interview or request more documents at the same day as they were doing in past.I mean face to face conversation with Case workers.

The letter they are sending seems to be a standard letter to all the applicants.

I think They will contact only those peoples whom they doubt some thing .Other people's will get their decisions without any further hassle.

lwl
Newly Registered

Post by lwl » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 pm

sagareva wrote:

I received a biometrics letter dated the 13th (there was a delay because I paid by cheque), just did biometrics today.

no, i only received the letter notifying me the change, but no biometrics letter.

maybe you are very lucky that they are still processing your application?

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:50 pm

lwl wrote:
sagareva wrote:

no, i only received the letter notifying me the change, but no biometrics letter.

maybe you are very lucky that they are still processing your application?

maybe, but i won't be so sure. it may also be that our post is just that awful ((

I did my biometrics today, so we will know soon.

But there's a guy here who did his biometrics in April, didn't he? doesn't seem to have helped him much.

crimson76

Genuine income test and company director

Post by crimson76 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

AUHS wrote:Well I think it's a new standard letter UKBA is sending to all the Tier 1 G applicants.

There might be some new techniques from UKBA now.For example

They will cross check the previous earnings claim with tax paid to the HMRC in the previous application as indicated in the Rules Change Summary.

Close and strict scrutiny of the Self Employed/Limited Company Director etc earnings.

Any money transferred/Withdrawal from the applicant to other parties(As they think same money is coming back to claim earnings point).Applicant might need to back up / proof of their money transfer or withdrawal .

UKBA will check every thing and then if they suspect some thing suspicious then they will ask more documents to prove and or they will ask to attend an interview.

If they think that the application is ok then the applicants will receive as usual.
Hi,
I will be applying for my Tier 1 extension next month. I am working as company director but I draw sufficient salary for required points from my company and pay all taxes and NI under PAYE scheme of HMRC. What I would like to know is whether these new changes in the law will only effect directors who are drawing income in dividend or the directors who draw enough income in salary from their on own company will also be under microscope?