ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visit Visa Docs & Bank Fixed Deposit acceptable?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier2ilr

Parents Visit Visa Docs & Bank Fixed Deposit acceptable?

Post by tier2ilr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi GURU's

Can you please confirm the visit visa requirement for Parents to visit for 6 months?

1. Do i need to show the maintenance funds (If any)?
2. How much maintenance funds required to show for both Mother & Father?
3. Can my Parents show there Fixed Deposit in a Bank as Maintenance Funds?
4. What exact documents i need to attach with application & are those documents need to be attested by Lawyer?

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:06 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 am

Hi

Please confirm that Can Fixed Deposit in a bank be accepted as maintenance fund?

That fixed deposit can be withdrawn any time by loosing the interest amount of that year.

For 2 People i.e Father & Mother how much Fund need to be shown to apply for Visit Visa.

Your prompt response is highly appreciated as applying on next Monday.

Regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:48 am

tier2ilr wrote:Hi

Please confirm that Can Fixed Deposit in a bank be accepted as maintenance fund?

Yes

That fixed deposit can be withdrawn any time by loosing the interest amount of that year.

For 2 People i.e Father & Mother how much Fund need to be shown to apply for Visit Visa.

That will depend what you want to spend on them and what they are going to do in the time they are in the UK.Could be anything from a few hundreds pounds to thousands.
My personal opinion for people from Indo sub continent around £3000 should be enough ( but that is only my opinion)

Your prompt response is highly appreciated as applying on next Monday.

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 am

The UKBA are considering a £3000 bond for applicants so that figure would appear a reasonable prediction.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.