ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone paid via Natwest debit card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

p2kin

Anyone paid via Natwest debit card

Post by p2kin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:22 am

Has anyone paid via Natwest DEBIT card & if yes what was experience.

There is a concern raise in one of the post about Natwest DEBIT card requires a pin for online transactions. So just want to know has anyone been successful with payment?

akhurshid

Re: Anyone paid via Natwest debit card

Post by akhurshid » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 am

p2kin wrote:Has anyone paid via Natwest DEBIT card & if yes what was experience.

There is a concern raise in one of the post about Natwest DEBIT card requires a pin for online transactions. So just want to know has anyone been successful with payment?
I am not sure about PIN but I am a NATWEST customer and I always have problem with online transaction over £100. Its better to phone NATWEST and advise in advance about the transaction else transaction is more likely to be refused

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 am

This is not an online transaction but a phone transaction (the same way you order a pizza using a card over the phone). The HO don't need the online password to process the payment.

It is always advisable to inform the card company / bank when unusual payments are done.

alinet_99
Newly Registered

Natwest

Post by alinet_99 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:48 am

Hi I used my Natwest Debit card for £2600 last month to pay for ILR and had no issues.

desertlord

NAT west

Post by desertlord » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:39 pm

ILR is different because you are there at the PEO and pay it there and then using your card.

Now, can someone who " actually " used NATWEST Debit Card to pay for naturalisation application update us with did they do about the online transaction further pin you normally asked for.

Please no " I think or my opinion...." we need true experience.

krrishone
Newly Registered

Re: NAT west

Post by krrishone » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:54 am

desertlord wrote:ILR is different because you are there at the PEO and pay it there and then using your card.

Now, can someone who " actually " used NATWEST Debit Card to pay for naturalisation application update us with did they do about the online transaction further pin you normally asked for.

Please no " I think or my opinion...." we need true experience.
Used Natwest debit card for Naturalisation application this month.
The payment went through fine, it took 2 days to clear after initial processing.

I think i received automated call for security however i missed that call and was worried but i checked my online account and there was a payment pending.

I went to Natwest branch to see if i could leave a note on my account before sending the application. Lady at the branch told me that it should go through fine and that they don't have system to leave notes. If anything they may give me a call to verify the payment.

My advice is to use cheque instead if you want to be 100% sure as payment could declined due to security reasons. It may go through if you had similar amount of payments in the past on debit card.

Hope it helps.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:37 pm

krrishone wrote: It may go through if you had similar amount of payments in the past on debit card.
Thanks krrishone, was it just you with application or any dependents?

Just out of curiosity, so when it was showing pending payment, did you have to do anything special to make it clear?

Problem with cheque/Banker's draft is it take far more time to clear than card.

I wonder why don't they have system to paying in advance before making application or online payment they started for some visa/ILR categories for PEO appointments. It would be easier to just quote reference no. on the application form of online payment. Gives peace of mind to applicant & guarantee to UKBA too.. Just don't understand why don't they have it for citizenship applications too.. UKBA mystery..

krrishone
Newly Registered

Post by krrishone » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

p2kin wrote:
krrishone wrote: It may go through if you had similar amount of payments in the past on debit card.
Thanks krrishone, was it just you with application or any dependents?

Just out of curiosity, so when it was showing pending payment, did you have to do anything special to make it clear?

Problem with cheque/Banker's draft is it take far more time to clear than card.

I wonder why don't they have system to paying in advance before making application or online payment they started for some visa/ILR categories for PEO appointments. It would be easier to just quote reference no. on the application form of online payment. Gives peace of mind to applicant & guarantee to UKBA too.. Just don't understand why don't they have it for citizenship applications too.. UKBA mystery..
It was just my application (Adult)

In terms of payments, "Available balance" was less than actual balance so i rang Natwest and they said payment has been approved and is pending, will go through within new few days.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 pm

krrishone wrote: In terms of payments, "Available balance" was less than actual balance so i rang Natwest and they said payment has been approved and is pending, will go through within new few days.
Thanks krrishone!! Very valuable information for others!

Any more cases of Natwest DEBIT card payments please?

Tats

Post by Tats » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 am

I submitted my application last week and provided Natwest Debit card details on payment details form. I'm waiting for UKBA to process the funds.

In the meantime, I called Natwest about the expected payment and they told me that there is no facility for them to suspend fraud detection on my card and so they can't do anything. They said if there is an issue during processing of the payment, I should give them a call.

I'll know from online banking when they deduct it as available balance will drop.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tats

Post by Tats » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Update: My account has been debited based on the Natwest Debit card details I submitted in my application last week.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:19 pm

D4109125 wrote:Please continue in your other thread
Those are two different threads, this one deals with payments made by Natwest DEBIT card, whereas, other one is in general for Credit/Debit cards/Cheque/Bankers Draft payment refusal reasons....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:19 pm

D4109125 wrote:Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anna.winter
Newly Registered

How to pay?

Post by anna.winter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 pm

I wonder if anyone paid by posto office/barclays bank? Im not a Nat West customer and i am not sure if filling just a slip with account details and attaching it to application will be enough for payment to be processed? i will appreciate any advise.thanks