ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Application (CoS) - Please Advice Needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bwoodlt
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Application (CoS) - Please Advice Needed

Post by bwoodlt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm really not myself right now as this has been a very traumatizing experience. My situation:

My company applied for CoS early end of June 2013 with the hope of getting the CoS number under 3 weeks. It turned out our application was refused for not notarizing some of the documents. As at this time, I had just 1 week remaining on my visa.
Having read a lot on this forum about how people applied without CoS but with a cover letter, my company gave me a cover letter and I made my application without CoS 2 days before my visa expiry date.

My company then reapplied for the CoS in August. Prior to this, I received the first Biometric Letter July 15th and got the second Augus 17th. I also read on this site that they will usually issue up to 3 reminder before rejecting an application.

Having received the second reminder, I knew we'd have received our CoS before they mail out the 3rd reminder. Unfortunately, the next thing I got in the mail this morning is my application which was sent back as INVALID.

My Questions :

Can I still make fresh application in-country? What are my chances?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated

I really appreciate the time taken to read my post.

Thanks in advance!

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 General Application (CoS) - Please Advice Needed

Post by sagareva » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:34 pm

bwoodlt wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm really not myself right now as this has been a very traumatizing experience. My situation:

My company applied for CoS early end of June 2013 with the hope of getting the CoS number under 3 weeks. It turned out our application was refused for not notarizing some of the documents. As at this time, I had just 1 week remaining on my visa.
Having read a lot on this forum about how people applied without CoS but with a cover letter, my company gave me a cover letter and I made my application without CoS 2 days before my visa expiry date.

My company then reapplied for the CoS in August. Prior to this, I received the first Biometric Letter July 15th and got the second Augus 17th. I also read on this site that they will usually issue up to 3 reminder before rejecting an application.

Having received the second reminder, I knew we'd have received our CoS before they mail out the 3rd reminder. Unfortunately, the next thing I got in the mail this morning is my application which was sent back as INVALID.

My Questions :

Thanks in advance!
you can generally make an application in-country within 28 days from being informed of the invalidity of your original in-time application (date of that letter you received.)

however i suppose questions will be asked as to why you haven't done biometrics on the previous occasion, and stalling for time isn't a very good excuse.

I am surprised they only deemed it invalid now, they are supposed to only give you 15 working days for biometrics.

bwoodlt
Newly Registered

Post by bwoodlt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:42 pm

sagareva wrote:

My Questions :

Thanks in advance!
you can generally make an application in-country within 28 days from being informed of the invalidity of your original in-time application (date of that letter you received.)

however i suppose questions will be asked as to why you haven't done biometrics on the previous occasion, and stalling for time isn't a very good excuse.

I am surprised they only deemed it invalid now, they are supposed to only give you 15 working days for biometrics.
Thanks for your inputs.

We did include a cover letter explaining we've applied for CoS and that as soon as we have it we'll include it in another letter to them. I read on the forum that UKBA usually sends 3 reminders before returning application as invalid.

This statement "you can generally make an application in-country within 28 days from being informed of the invalidity of your original in-time application (date of that letter you received.)"

Do you have any link to support the above? Just for my reference in case of the future :)

Also, does that mean I have to include a fresh statement of account as they wouldn't accept the 'old' (the returned statement of account) one?

Thanks for your help brother.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 pm

bwoodlt wrote:
sagareva wrote:

My Questions :

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your inputs.

We did include a cover letter explaining we've applied for CoS and that as soon as we have it we'll include it in another letter to them. I read on the forum that UKBA usually sends 3 reminders before returning application as invalid.

This statement "you can generally make an application in-country within 28 days from being informed of the invalidity of your original in-time application (date of that letter you received.)"

Do you have any link to support the above? Just for my reference in case of the future :)

Also, does that mean I have to include a fresh statement of account as they wouldn't accept the 'old' (the returned statement of account) one?

yes, you will need new statements etc in date as of the date of a new application. same relates to your earnings period, if applicable, being within 15 months of that date.

you do have google, don't you?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Any applicant who is applying for leave to remain must not have remained in the UK for
longer than 28 days after the expiry of their original grant of leave, on the date of their
application. This is commonly known as overstaying.
The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of:
 the last day of their latest grant of leave to enter or remain
 the end of any extension of leave they were given under sections 3C or 3D of the
Immigration Act 1971, or
 the date the applicant is deemed to have received a written notice of invalidity, in line
with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, relating to an in-time application
for leave to remain.

bwoodlt
Newly Registered

Post by bwoodlt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:18 pm

sagareva wrote:
bwoodlt wrote:
sagareva wrote:

My Questions :

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your inputs.

yes, you will need new statements etc in date as of the date of a new application. same relates to your earnings period, if applicable, being within 15 months of that date.

you do have google, don't you?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Any applicant who is applying for leave to remain must not have remained in the UK for
longer than 28 days after the expiry of their original grant of leave, on the date of their
application. This is commonly known as overstaying.
The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of:
 the last day of their latest grant of leave to enter or remain
 the end of any extension of leave they were given under sections 3C or 3D of the
Immigration Act 1971, or
 the date the applicant is deemed to have received a written notice of invalidity, in line
with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, relating to an in-time application
for leave to remain.
Many thanks for your help.

Please one last question :)

It looks like I wouldn't be able to get 3 months statement of account for my new application, can I use my sponsors(company's) statement of account? Or I don't need to include one since my employer is issuing a CoS?

Thanks for all your help. I'm grateful!

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 pm

i don't know this one

i don't know anything about situations where tier2 or CoS is involved

bwoodlt
Newly Registered

Post by bwoodlt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 am

sagareva wrote:i don't know this one