ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference Between Fiance and spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jamalkhan

Difference Between Fiance and spouse visa

Post by jamalkhan » Wed May 30, 2007 12:46 am

Does any body know if spouse visa is given more consideration then fiance??

I was told by a lawyer that they have the same consideration as we provide same documents in either case. However I need a second advice

Any idea

patrickmacgill
Newly Registered

Post by patrickmacgill » Thu May 31, 2007 2:47 pm

Consideration for what is my question.

A fiance visa is what you need if you plan to move to the U.K. to marry someone. You can't show up and get married in the U.K. without it. A spousal visa is achieved one of two ways. 1. If you're already married to a British citizen and living outside the country you apply for one at a British consulate or embassy. or 2. If you've alredy entered the U.K. on a fiance visa and followed through with the marriage, then you will apply for FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN ( FLR).

Yes you pretty much submit the same documents for both visas. In the fiance visa they like to see wedding plans, while with the FLR they want to see a marriage certificate.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu May 31, 2007 3:11 pm

If you're already married to a British citizen and living outside the country you apply for one at a British consulate or embassy
Not necessarily true. A spouse of someone settled (ILR) in the UK can also be granted a spousal visa I guess.
Praise The Lord!!!!

jamalkhan

thanks

Post by jamalkhan » Thu May 31, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks
My case is slighlty complicated you can read about this more here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Keeping this in mind do you think will they they say that I can only apply for SPOUSE VISA or will the Fiance VISA gets the same consideration ?

Many thanks