ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for UK born

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

RRS
Newly Registered

OCI for UK born

Post by RRS » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi, I and my wife are British (through naturalisation) and also holding OCI. We would like apply OCI for my son who is born in UK and got British Passport. To apply OCI, I need to submit copy of his full birth certificate and British passport.

Do I need to submit any other documents such as Parents passport, marriage certificate, OCI cards or any others ?

Millions of thanks.

eashkuma4
India

Re: OCI for UK born

Post by eashkuma4 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:08 pm

RRS wrote:Hi, I and my wife are British (through naturalisation) and also holding OCI. We would like apply OCI for my son who is born in UK and got British Passport. To apply OCI, I need to submit copy of his full birth certificate and British passport.

Do I need to submit any other documents such as Parents passport, marriage certificate, OCI cards or any others ?

Millions of thanks.
To apply OCI for your Son, you need the following

1. Full Birth certificate
2. Parents British Passports
3. Marraige certificate
4. Parents Indian Passport surrender certificates
5. Parents OCI registration booklets
6. Affidavit that child doesnt hold previously Indian Passport, this quite looks silly because child itself don't qualify for Indian citizenship, but some times High commission ask for it, it really depends who take your application

RRS
Newly Registered

Post by RRS » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Thank you eashkuma4.

SpokenHands

Is UK-born son eligible for OCI card? [previously Indian]

Post by SpokenHands » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:50 pm

My son has previously held an Indian passport [though born in the UK] but is now a BC. If both parents hold BC and are eligible for OCI, can he also apply for OCI card or must he apply for a PIO card only?

Our preference is the OCI card.

Thank you.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 pm

yes, the child can apply for OCI with parents.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:27 am

Thank you ban.s

yvo1234

Re: OCI for UK born

Post by yvo1234 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi . Just one question have you submit affidavit with your son oci card when you made oci application london because we are in same situation.

Thanks

[quote="RRS"]Hi, I and my wife are British (through naturalisation) and also holding OCI. We would like apply OCI for my son who is born in UK and got British Passport. To apply OCI, I need to submit copy of his full birth certificate and British passport.

Millions of thanks.[/quote]

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 am

Regarding affidavit,
I recently submitted mine and my son's OCI application. I did not submit an affidavit declaring my son never had other nationality/passport before.
Just his passport+full birth certificate+photo was needed

HCI accepted both applications without any issues

Regards

Gols
Newly Registered

Re: Is UK-born son eligible for OCI card? [previously Indian

Post by Gols » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:37 am

SpokenHands wrote:My son has previously held an Indian passport [though born in the UK] but is now a BC. If both parents hold BC and are eligible for OCI, can he also apply for OCI card or must he apply for a PIO card only?

Our preference is the OCI card.

Thank you.

As per my understanding your son can hold both the PP till 18, still do he need OCI to travel to India? My situation is exactly same as your and traveling to India soon.

My son is born in uk and having both Indian and uk PP. immigration officer in Delhi told us that he can keep both the PP till 18. My question is

Can he travel to Indian on his Indian PP or do he need OCI?

I want to keep both PP till 18 and if we applied for OCI Need to submit his Indian PP.

Any help much appreciated

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 am

afidevit is not needed for applying UK born minor British passport holder.
whn I applied for my son (same situation), just gave copy of marriage certificate and full birth certificate

He got OCI granted easily