ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU1 immigration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Static

Non EU1 immigration

Post by Static » Tue May 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Wonder if anybody knows anything about this... immigration to Ireland by other means. Meaning not the EU1 thing. With all the stress about money and immigration my husband and I have been drifting apart and he has now asked for a divorce. I am very much stuck here with nobody to turn to so will have to figure a way to sort the immigration thing out without him now. Anybody have any idea about that or where I can read about it? I don't know how hard it is being here already.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Ohh my GOD !

Thats not a good ending :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love my wife and thank God she dont think like ur husband.

She is willing to go whatever country i need to go incase i dont get setteled here.

I dont know what to say but judging from your words ur husband sounds like a very strange man.

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue May 29, 2007 10:38 pm

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Please don't stress out too much...just try to hold on till June when the court judgement comes! I am sure it will work out!
When I called Immigrant council, they said that the court case had been filed by a couple who had been rejected residency through E.U 1.
The E.U court of Justice ruled in a positive manner in a similar case in Sweden.
Meawhile, is it possible to try the work permit route?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue May 29, 2007 11:02 pm

runie80 wrote:I dont know what to say but judging from your words ur husband sounds like a very strange man.
Let's not judge anybody here.

Static

Post by Static » Wed May 30, 2007 6:55 am

Thank you for the info. I think my husband is just very stressed out with everything. We might work it out eventually. To make matters worse I got my rejection letter today :( Now it's to appeal and all that. I don't know why I am even bothering with this.

megmog

Post by megmog » Wed May 30, 2007 10:43 am

I am so sorry to hear that static :(

I hope that you are ok, it must be very stressful for you right now- if you want a holiday just let me know :) come see us at the beach!

we all have to stick together now. I am with archigabe - we need to remain positive for as long as possible!! and when we hear the court ruling, we can make a decision.

The only thing i am wondering with the swedish case - this went to eu court or swedish.. I am worried that because the hearing is in ireland and we all know what the irish are like with "who you know, not what you know"..

but still, lets all pray for the right answer - everything happens for a reason..

Static

Post by Static » Wed May 30, 2007 12:00 pm

Thanks guys. Megmog I hope you are right. I have nowhere to go so something will have to happen. :(

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed May 30, 2007 12:28 pm

Static,
I'm so sorry to hear that. First, I hope you are able to work out the marital issues, and failing that, that you get some sound advice on how to move forward. I'm afraid I don't know much about Irish immigration but I hope it all works out well for you. My husband and I almost split up once before we were even married, the stress from these problems (immigration and everything that comes with it, not being able to work and so on) can be overwhelming, and I'm sorry you're having to go through all this.

I live in the north but am in Dub every couple months so if you ever want to meet for a cuppa (or a pint), let me know :)

Static

Post by Static » Wed May 30, 2007 12:29 pm

yankeegirl wrote:Static,
I'm so sorry to hear that. First, I hope you are able to work out the marital issues, and failing that, that you get some sound advice on how to move forward. I'm afraid I don't know much about Irish immigration but I hope it all works out well for you. My husband and I almost split up once before we were even married, the stress from these problems (immigration and everything that comes with it, not being able to work and so on) can be overwhelming, and I'm sorry you're having to go through all this.

I live in the north but am in Dub every couple months so if you ever want to meet for a cuppa (or a pint), let me know :)
Thanks yankeegirl.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed May 30, 2007 12:51 pm

megmog wrote:I am so sorry to hear that static :(

The only thing i am wondering with the swedish case - this went to eu court or swedish.. I am worried that because the hearing is in ireland and we all know what the irish are like with "who you know, not what you know"..

but still, lets all pray for the right answer - everything happens for a reason..
Hi Memog, the Jia case was heard in the European Court of Justice and was between Yunying Jia and the Swedish Immigration agency. Even though the case was about evidence of financial support for dependant relatives, part of the decision was that countries cannot require prior residency as a condition.That's why I am still a bit hopeful.

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Wed May 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Static,

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure the relationship problems are just a result of the great amount of stress you are going through, and I hope you can work it out (I'm positive you will).

They cannot really kick you out of the country, so you might as well be patient and wait a little more to see how things evolve... You have waited so long now, you can probably find the strength to fight a bit more.

As far as alternatives, the only ones I can think of are through Enterprise, but I don't know if you qualify for a work permit. Try to go through the options carefully and with a cool head... I know it's difficult, but give it a try!

And don't worry, that after a while you will see that things aren't as bad after all, and that no obstacle is impossible to overcome. Try at all times to keep a positive approach.

My very best wishes to you,
Florencia

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:47 pm

yes static

Keep hopes high and think about moving forward from all this.there ahs to be a way out of all of this.

Finding will take time but i hope you will come out more strong !!!

All the best

If you need any more advise and you think we can help u feel free

Static

Post by Static » Thu May 31, 2007 7:14 am

Thanks a stack for all the positive words. I am going to push really hard to find a job now and get a work permit while appealing this case and applying for the EEA family permit. How is everyone else's things going?

jack_in_the box

Post by jack_in_the box » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:12 am

YES!!! this is definitely the easiest way to remove all romance from a realtionship & the "honeymoon" period after the wedding! Static I really hope that you guys will work something out. I know all this can be really stressful...but this too shall pass. Hangin in there! And if you need anything I am sure many of us will be willing to help wherever we can!
hang in there!!!

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:39 am

jack_in_the box wrote:YES!!! this is definitely the easiest way to remove all romance from a realtionship & the "honeymoon" period after the wedding! Static I really hope that you guys will work something out. I know all this can be really stressful...but this too shall pass. Hangin in there! And if you need anything I am sure many of us will be willing to help wherever we can!
hang in there!!!
Thanks so much Jack in the box :D I am hoping it will pass too. We have both been a lot less stressed since receiving the rejection.. strangely. But now I can understand Birdy saying at least he will get a good night's sleep now. At least something is happening. Can't stand being in limbo.

Babsie

Post by Babsie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:39 pm

hei so sorry to hear Static :cry:
But just want to say this is what life and marriage is also about.
If a person is not willing to go through the "thick of things" maybe it wasn't going to work out in the long run anyway.

But best of luck with things, from what I gather the UK seem to be better with these things...?

Sorry but at this stage I dont feel like people should desperately try to stay here anymore...it's become quite clear that the government does not want non-EU over here... :cry:

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Babsie wrote:hei so sorry to hear Static :cry:
But just want to say this is what life and marriage is also about.
If a person is not willing to go through the "thick of things" maybe it wasn't going to work out in the long run anyway.

But best of luck with things, from what I gather the UK seem to be better with these things...?

Sorry but at this stage I dont feel like people should desperately try to stay here anymore...it's become quite clear that the government does not want non-EU over here... :cry:
You're right Babsie but who can honestly afford to move again? I certainly can't. Not unless I am earning an income at least.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:58 pm

We are expecting a baby soon, and what really stresses me is if we need money in an emergency. these cretins at the DOJ have really made it impossible to save any money!

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:51 pm

archigabe wrote:We are expecting a baby soon, and what really stresses me is if we need money in an emergency. these cretins at the DOJ have really made it impossible to save any money!
Oh... and I thought we are having a troublesome time! All the best for you and the new little one.