ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying EU card? does my wife and children (Non-EU family )

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malfayez
Newly Registered

applying EU card? does my wife and children (Non-EU family )

Post by malfayez » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Friends

Need a bit of advice

I had ILR then my wife and 2 children applied from abroad and got the visa to join me (they used to live with me under PBS but left before while in process of getting my ILR)

Since then, I got neutralized and got the british passport.

I want to travel to spain. i have been reading in this forum one of the requirement is EU card ??.

My question: How can I apply for EU card? how long does it to take to got it if you have any experience!!!

please advise me if you know the answer

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Being British means that your family members can accompany or join you in another member state. If visa nationals, they can apply for a free schengen visa.

malfayez
Newly Registered

Post by malfayez » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks EUsmileWEallsmile for the quick reply.

I just came across this from french embassy website:

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Visa-for-f ... n-European

" A valid UK residence permit with the endorsement "family member of EEA national" (this endorsement is compulsory to be visa exempted) "

Unfortunately, the visa of my wife and 2 children have not been endorsed with family member of the EU.

I guess, I need to apply for schiengen visa for them or apply for EU family card? any idea which one quick/easy to obtain

many thanks again