ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help please!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mer2013
Newly Registered

help please!!!

Post by mer2013 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi guys,i hope you all doing well,
i have an urgent travel
can the home office reject my citizenship application if i request my passport cos i sent my documents by myself not ncs.

cricinfo

Re: help please!!!

Post by cricinfo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:53 pm

mer2013 wrote:Hi guys,i hope you all doing well,
i have an urgent travel
can the home office reject my citizenship application if i request my passport cos i sent my documents by myself not ncs.
It depends on exactly when you applied. If it's already more than 3 months then you can request your documents back but it can still take some time before you receive your application back but if you request your documents before 3 months then they can ask you to withdraw your application.

mer2013
Newly Registered

Re: help please!!!

Post by mer2013 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 pm

cricinfo wrote:
mer2013 wrote:Hi guys,i hope you all doing well,
i have an urgent travel
It depends on exactly when you applied. If it's already more than 3 months then you can request your documents back but it can still take some time before you receive your application back but if you request your documents before 3 months then they can ask you to withdraw your application.
cricinfo i applied on 20/06 which is almost 3 months now.

VR

Logically It does not matter

Post by VR » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Friends,

If there is an emergency and the person has to travel the Home office cannot reject the application and hold on to the passport. I dont know where the 3 months imaginary timeline appears.

Just make a request for return of the passport as you have to travel mentioning why you need to travel and they should return the same.
cheers
vr

Heisgood

Re: Logically It does not matter

Post by Heisgood » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:17 am

VR wrote:Friends,

If there is an emergency and the person has to travel the Home office cannot reject the application and hold on to the passport. I dont know where the 3 months imaginary timeline appears.

Just make a request for return of the passport as you have to travel mentioning why you need to travel and they should return the same.
cheers
vr
Agreed. Last year I requested my kids documents back for travel and this sped up the application. See my full story here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=119653
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Aslamg
Newly Registered

Post by Aslamg » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I think they will still charge you the fee and wont refund it,

mer2013
Newly Registered

Re: Logically It does not matter

Post by mer2013 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Heisgood wrote:
VR wrote:Friends,

cheers
vr
Agreed. Last year I requested my kids documents back for travel and this sped up the application. See my full story here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=119653
Strange,i request my passport to be send back an received the approval letter so we had a same thing