ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

glory5050

Re: ILR approved, BRP received!!

Post by glory5050 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
I am so happy for you Hopeful2; I kept having an urge to check the forum yesterday but kept shrugging it off. now you have your I am more hopeful for mine now.

By the way the centre chosen for my hearing has to be moved for bias reasons and will be moved to one of the AIT in central London. will keep you updated when I get a new date.

Thanks lola56uk, I'm taking a few days to get used to the fact that I am now a "legal alien" and will start job hunting on Monday. I can't believe that I have started reading the posts on the "naturalisation" forum.

Will them moving hearing to London affect you in any way? Whereabouts in the country do you live? I look forward to reading your updates.
I like the terminology "Legal Alien" hahah
well I live in London , but my hearing was in Hatton Cross but as my legal advisers are Immigration Judges in that centre it as to be moved to The central London one. Which is actually better for me as I live closer to central than silly Ol' Hatton Cross.
TBH - I heard judges in Hatton Cross are way more strict than Central London.
Looks like the die is cast and there is nothing you can do about it so just keep to your plan - get as much information as you can and make sure your barrister presents a watertight case and you will sail right through. Remember God is in control!!
Congratulation to you hopeful2, am so pleased for you. Enjoy the liberty.

Hopeful2

Re: ILR approved, BRP received!!

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 pm

glory5050 wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:

Thanks lola56uk, I'm taking a few days to get used to the fact that I am now a "legal alien" and will start job hunting on Monday. I can't believe that I have started reading the posts on the "naturalisation" forum.

Will them moving hearing to London affect you in any way? Whereabouts in the country do you live? I look forward to reading your updates.
I like the terminology "Legal Alien" hahah
well I live in London , but my hearing was in Hatton Cross but as my legal advisers are Immigration Judges in that centre it as to be moved to The central London one. Which is actually better for me as I live closer to central than silly Ol' Hatton Cross.
TBH - I heard judges in Hatton Cross are way more strict than Central London.
Looks like the die is cast and there is nothing you can do about it so just keep to your plan - get as much information as you can and make sure your barrister presents a watertight case and you will sail right through. Remember God is in control!!
Congratulation to you hopeful2, am so pleased for you. Enjoy the liberty.
Thanks glory5050 - I am enjoying my new found freedom

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 am

Congrats hopeful2 and all the best."LEGAL Alien" ha ha and I thot I was an expatriate LOL

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 pm

missmykid wrote:Congrats hopeful2 and all the best."LEGAL Alien" ha ha and I thot I was an expatriate LOL

Thanks missmykid, I will change it to "resident alien" :-)

Have a great weekend everyone - I hope there is more good news on this forum next week!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
missmykid wrote:Congrats hopeful2 and all the best."LEGAL Alien" ha ha and I thot I was an expatriate LOL

Thanks missmykid, I will change it to "resident alien" :-)

Have a great weekend everyone - I hope there is more good news on this forum next week!!
Amen can't wait to share the good news.
Godgives

Peter77
Newly Registered

Re: REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Peter77 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:31 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/Immigration ... tlists.htm

and if you refresh this link daily ; you will get a listing of all cases in that particular court.
The site is refreshed at 3pm for the next day hearing.
As I said use my guide to choose appropriate case.
Hey guys. Thanks for your help. I received my hearing notice dated 26 June 13. Which took me by suprise as they have not requested for the appeal fee. How could they give me an appeal date before l make a payment( l never enclosed any payment with my appeal form for personal reasons) i was hoping they will write me and request for payment before giving me a date.
My appeal date has been set for 26/7/13.
My problem is its too early for me as l wont have gathered all my evidence
I have to postpone this date to at least mind august2013. So any idea how l can effectively postpone this date without complications. I have no alternative but to postpone it so that l can have a solid case. Pliz help..

Hopeful2

No news???

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello all

It's been almost two weeks since I was last on this forum and it looks like no one else has been granted ILR - I hope things change over the next few days and that there will be a few posts about people receiving their BRP etc - I must admit it does happen when you least expect it so ....

In the meantime, there government has been very busy over the last week or two - see url below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ultations/

Looks like they are really tightening things now and I hope that you guys are all granted ILR soon, and those appealing that you will be granted ILR at the end of your journey - I appreciate it must be a stressful time for you especially with all these announcements etc. Remember that no situation is permanent and all this shall pass at some point. Once again, I wish you all the best for the future and look forward to reading some good things on this forum. Take care and God bless y'all :-)

lola56uk

Re: No news???

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello all

It's been almost two weeks since I was last on this forum and it looks like no one else has been granted ILR - I hope things change over the next few days and that there will be a few posts about people receiving their BRP etc - I must admit it does happen when you least expect it so ....

In the meantime, there government has been very busy over the last week or two - see url below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ultations/

Looks like they are really tightening things now and I hope that you guys are all granted ILR soon, and those appealing that you will be granted ILR at the end of your journey - I appreciate it must be a stressful time for you especially with all these announcements etc. Remember that no situation is permanent and all this shall pass at some point. Once again, I wish you all the best for the future and look forward to reading some good things on this forum. Take care and God bless y'all :-)
Hopeful2 - thanks for the information, yes this government is bringing all types of law in a clever way to tighten things up.
Thanks for the prayer and I hope at the end of our journeys out prayers are answered.

My appeal has been bought forward 4 weeks to 2nd week in October at Central london branch. That's means by the end of October-13 I would have known my faith. But it seems all will be well in Gods name.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 am

Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
Peter77 wrote: Hey guys. Thanks for your help. I received my hearing notice dated 26 June 13. Which took me by suprise as they have not requested for the appeal fee. How could they give me an appeal date before l make a payment( l never enclosed any payment with my appeal form for personal reasons) i was hoping they will write me and request for payment before giving me a date.
I have to postpone this date to at least mind august2013. So any idea how l can effectively postpone this date without complications. I have no alternative but to postpone it so that l can have a solid case. Pliz help..
First thing your lawyer needs to write to the tribunal stating why they would like the hearing Adjourned.

My understanding is such request will need to pass through a judge at the AIT. Please note this is a faster process than a typical appeal process takes.

My initial date was in November-13 but has now being bought forward to October-13.

Hopeful2

NO NEWS???

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Hello everyone - hope you are all well and in good health. What's happening on this forum? Has anyone heard from the Home Office in the last month or so? If yes, please share your news so others can benefit. In the meantime take care and all the best.

lola56uk

Re: NO NEWS???

Post by lola56uk » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:18 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello everyone - hope you are all well and in good health. What's happening on this forum? Has anyone heard from the Home Office in the last month or so? If yes, please share your news so others can benefit. In the meantime take care and all the best.
Thanks for the check-up Hopeful2 .
I am guessing that most peeps like me will not have their appeal heard until late October /November.

Guys - before appeal , get ready all relevant documents s and wetness. I have attended a few hearings now and The judges are pretty friendly but don't like being made a fool of. As long as the truth is being told all will be well and relevant documents are shown you are good.

The judges tend to look into the case deeper and take a whole lot more into consideration than the silly ol' case workers.

Hopeful2

Re: NO NEWS???

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:27 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Hello everyone - hope you are all well and in good health. What's happening on this forum? Has anyone heard from the Home Office in the last month or so? If yes, please share your news so others can benefit. In the meantime take care and all the best.
Thanks for the check-up Hopeful2 .
I am guessing that most peeps like me will not have their appeal heard until late October /November.

Guys - before appeal , get ready all relevant documents s and wetness. I have attended a few hearings now and The judges are pretty friendly but don't like being made a fool of. As long as the truth is being told all will be well and relevant documents are shown you are good.

The judges tend to look into the case deeper and take a whole lot more into consideration than the silly ol' case workers.

You are welcome lola56uk - I did promise to check in on you guys from time to time. Apart from those of you appealing, there are others on this forum who should have received their ILR by now - I wonder what's happening with them.

I'm off on holiday next week (would you believe??) and I hope to come back to good news on this forum. In the meantime, stay strong you all, God is in control.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:53 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote: Hey guys. Thanks for your help. I received my hearing notice dated 26 June 13. Which took me by suprise as they have not requested for the appeal fee. How could they give me an appeal date before l make a payment( l never enclosed any payment with my appeal form for personal reasons) i was hoping they will write me and request for payment before giving me a date.

First thing your lawyer needs to write to the tribunal stating why they would like the hearing Adjourned.

My understanding is such request will need to pass through a judge at the AIT. Please note this is a faster process than a typical appeal process takes.

My initial date was in November-13 but has now being bought forward to October-13.
[/quote]

Hie Good people!
I have secured my appeal date end of August. Of which this is no doubt the most important part of my 14 year journey.
I am basically asking for any tips and ideas from you, especially help regarding my personal supporting statement l want to read in court if given a chance to strenghten my case. i want ideas on the wording and contents. what am l supposed to include in this statement.
-Do l need to get witnesses statements and what supposed to be included in their statements
Your help on any thing regarding my personal supporting statement will be greatly appreciated. "Every little helps"
What kind of materials will help on my case..
Thank you very much.
Love and peace

glory5050

prayer for Peter77 and anyone waiting for their Ilr

Post by glory5050 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:46 pm

May the Good Lord have mercy on you and grant you grace and favour in the appeal/ application.
All the best......

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:40 am

Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote: Hey guys. Thanks for your help. I received my hearing notice dated 26 June 13. Which took me by suprise as they have not requested for the appeal fee. How could they give me an appeal date before l make a payment( l never enclosed any payment with my appeal form for personal reasons) i was hoping

Hie Good people!
I have secured my appeal date end of August. Of which this is no doubt the most important part of my 14 year journey.
I am basically asking for any tips and ideas from you, especially help regarding my personal supporting statement l want to read in court if given a chance to strenghten my case. i want ideas on the wording and contents. what am l supposed to include in this statement.
-Do l need to get witnesses statements and what supposed to be included in their statements
Your help on any thing regarding my personal supporting statement will be greatly appreciated. "Every little helps"
What kind of materials will help on my case..
Thank you very much.
Love and peace
[/quote][/quote]

Hello Peter. I am sorry I missed your communication as I was really busy prepping for my Appeal.
My Appeal is soon in a few weeks also, how did your appeal go. Did the judge give you an indication in what deacion he was going to take.

banats
Newly Registered

hi lola56uk

Post by banats » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Lola56uk There A few suggestions for your appeal.
1. Your witness and your statements should be same f.e how often you meet each other, did they know about your work place did your witness used to come to your place.
2. you should know about your work place and remember everything about your documents such as your pay, how did you get national insurance number, if you have provided them tenancy agreements then about the rent who use to pay your utility bills.
3.Weather you rented the whole house or you were staying in the shared house.
4. about your pay slips and your work addresses etc.
Wish you good luck with your appeal.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:53 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote: Hey guys. Thanks for your help. I received my hearing notice dated 26 June 13. Which took me by suprise as they have not requested for the appeal fee. How could they give me an appeal date before l make a payment( l never enclosed any payment with my appeal form for personal reasons) i was hoping

Hie Good people!
I am basically asking for any tips and ideas from you,
Your help on any thing regarding my personal supporting statement will be greatly appreciated. "Every little helps
Thank you very much.
Love and peace
Hello Peter. I am sorry I missed your communication as I was really busy prepping for my Appeal.
My Appeal is soon in a few weeks also, how did your appeal go. Did the judge give you an indication in what deacion he was going to take.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hey
UPDATE: i was meant to have gone to my appeal last week (so l sent my evidence 7 days before appeal date) A day before my appeal date l got a call from my solicitor saying HO has withdrawn my appeal so we were not going to court any more (still not sure why). I then received at letter from the Tribunal services notifying me that the respondent (HO) has withdrawn from the original decision(s) and the tribunal is satisfied that my case has been withdrawn. My solicitor has written to HO asking for the visa to be issued but he is telling me it might take 6-8 weeks. How far true is that?? And he is not sure if they will give me ILR or 30 months. But l would have thought as l applied under the 14 yr rule l should be given what l applied for especially after they withdrew my appeal.
Is there any way l can call HO myself to speed up the process or get an official document (so as to get myself a job at least)
I still cant believe it would be sure when l have recieved my passport.
Thank u to all your help, l hope this is end to my long long journey.
Wishing u all e best..
will update u soon l hope

glory5050

Post by glory5050 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote: Hey guys. Thanks for your help. I received my hearing notice dated 26 June 13. Which took me by suprise as they have not requested for the appeal fee. How could they give me an appeal date before l make a payment( l never enclosed any payment with my appeal form for personal reasons) i was hoping

Hie Good people!
I am basically asking for any tips and ideas from you,
Your help on any thing regarding my personal supporting statement will be greatly appreciated. "Every little helps
Thank you very much.
Love and peace
Hey
UPDATE: i was meant to have gone to my appeal last week (so l sent my evidence 7 days before appeal date) A day before my appeal date l got a call from my solicitor saying HO has withdrawn my appeal so we were not going to court any more (still not sure why). I then received at letter from the Tribunal services notifying me that the respondent (HO) has withdrawn from the original decision(s) and the tribunal is satisfied that my case has been withdrawn. My solicitor has written to HO asking for the visa to be issued but he is telling me it might take 6-8 weeks. How far true is that?? And he is not sure if they will give me ILR or 30 months. But l would have thought as l applied under the 14 yr rule l should be given what l applied for especially after they withdrew my appeal.
Is there any way l can call HO myself to speed up the process or get an official document (so as to get myself a job at least)
I still cant believe it would be sure when l have recieved my passport.
Thank u to all your help, l hope this is end to my long long journey.
Wishing u all e best..
will update u soon l hope
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Peter77, Congratulation in advance for your Ilr that is coming to you asap. I thank God for answering prayers.
This us goodnews. My Brother, you are victorious at last.
praise God.

Hopeful2

To lola56uk - Hope all is well

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Hello lola56uk, hope all is well with you. Just checking up on you with regards to your appeal - what's the latest? I've lost track of your appeal date - when is it and I hope that all your preparations are coming together. If it has happened already, how did it go? I do hope all goes well for you at this very difficult and stressful time, take care and God bless.

Hopeful2

To lola56uk - Hope all is well

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Hello lola56uk, hope all is well with you. Just checking up on you with regards to your appeal - what's the latest? I've lost track of your appeal date - when is it and I hope that all your preparations are coming together. If it has happened already, how did it go? I do hope all goes well for you at this very difficult and stressful time, take care and God bless.

Peter77
Newly Registered

INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Peter77 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Hie.
l got my settlement visa. thanks to everyone for your help. Wishing u all the best of luck. God bless

Hopeful2

Re: INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Peter77 wrote:Hie.
l got my settlement visa. thanks to everyone for your help. Wishing u all the best of luck. God bless
Congratulations Peter77 at last some good news on this forum - all the best for the future - enjoy your much earned freedom!!

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 am

Congrats peter. Been a long time coming enjoy and God bless.still coming on the site every week but seems nothing been happening updates wise.I hope most pple had good outcomes and those still waiting on appeals,I hope yo prayers are heard and good luck...

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:20 am

Lola56uk how did it go fo yu as well if yu've had yo appeal.
Diggingdeep hw did it go fo yu as well and all who used to update timelines hw did it go fo yu guys.

R.S.V.P.
Newly Registered

Wanted: Participants For Documentary Project

Post by R.S.V.P. » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Dear All,

I have not been on the forum for a while and I am so pleased to see the many positive outcomes for many of you. Congrats to all whose cases have been resolved!

I have been following this forum for quite some time. I've found it to be both informative and a source of much needed comfort while I waited for my partner's ILR to get sorted out.
Since my situation has been resolved and I've had a chance to take a breath, I have become interested in making a documentary about this process and experience.
I'm not sure what form the project will take. At this stage I'm thinking film, but it may very well be audio only or even some kind of a written piece.

I am looking for participants both for research and interview purposes. I am interested in the personal stories behind this process, and how the whole 14 year journey has affected you.
Of course, I completely understand the very private nature of this experience and have no interest in exposing anyone that wishes to remain anonymous. In the first instance I just want to make contact and exchange some completely anonymous emails. After we chat, if you feel comfortable, we could take it further, but there is no pressure whatsoever; I'm interested in connecting first and foremost.
Even if you don't think that you would be interested in contributing to the project, I'd still like to talk to you about your experiences as part of the research for the project.

Please PM me if you feel like contributing to the project.

I do hope to hear from you all.
All the best,
R.S.V.P.

@Lola56, I was very sorry to hear about your rejected application. However, I think your attitude is absolutely correct, and very admirable considering the stress your situation has no doubt placed on you. Stay positive and strong, it's the only way to go. I wish you the very best for your appeal.