ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization english requirement query after 28 oct 2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lakshmi taruni
Newly Registered

naturalization english requirement query after 28 oct 2013

Post by lakshmi taruni » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Hai,
I am applying for naturalization in 28th december 2013.

When I applied for my ILR , I had submitted my LIUK Test result and my degree taught in english certificate, so now does that mean I would still need to have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification for my naturalization ? 

Is the degree taught in english certificate is enough?

Please advice,

Thanks in advance
Taruni.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Why did you submit your 'degree taught in english certificate' for ILR when all that should have been required for ILR is LIUK?

If you have a degree which is comparable to a UK degree as per NARIC and was taught in English that should suffice the new B1 requirement in addition to your LIUK test.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Post by 2014 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm

As per my understanding, LIUK test and certificate from passing university mentioning degree was taught in ENGLISH will fulfill requirement of KOLL.

Please correct if i am wrong.

SANB
Newly Registered

New Koll Requirement

Post by SANB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm

I also have similar query. At the time of applying my Tier-1 Visa, I supplied a letter from my college as a proof my degree taught in English for English Language Qualifications. And PBS calculator awarded points for that. Now my doubt is- at the time of applying for Naturalisation (we are eligible in Nov 2013)do I need to provide UK Naric letter to prove my degree is taught in English or since I already proved this during my Tier-1 Visa process, not required to provide any extra documents other than my degree certificate? Same issue is with My wife. I checked my wife bachelor's degree details(Bathelor's of Technology in Mechanical Engineering) in PBS calculator and it's accepted her education details and awarded points for that. In that case can I assume no further proof required to apply for Naturalisation?
Please help to clear my doubts?

SANB
Newly Registered

Can anybody help me to clear my doubts

Post by SANB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Kindly help to clear my doubts on my previous post.

monzurul92
Newly Registered

Post by monzurul92 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Is the post graduate certificate course taught in english is enough for proving B1 level speaking/listening?

rahulmisra204
Newly Registered

Point Based Calculator Printout acceptable

Post by rahulmisra204 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:17 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

Page 6,
The following groups are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the
KoLL requirement and will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification:
• Nationals of majority English speaking countries (Annex A).
• Those who have obtained a degree taught in English.

And on this page

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ification/

UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with your original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.

So a print out from point based calculator should be enough. However, I've seen conflicting advice on the internet. Has anyone applied with just the printout and been successful? Please post your experience here.

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 pm

UK NARIC clearly said that they only do assessment for C1 level English not less or greater , PBS recognize my degree and give me 30 points for education but 0 points in English. I called UKNARIC and they said that PBS asses the degree for C1 level and they can’t help in this regard and even if I send my degree to UKNARIC for English assessment even then they will assess it against C! level of English not B1

1207kiran
Newly Registered

Re: naturalization english requirement query 2014

Post by 1207kiran » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Dear Moderators

I hope you can throw some light on this.

Me and my husband got ILR in Oct 2012. My husband is applying for BC as he has done degree in UK. I've done done engineering from India. If I show degree taught in English, will this suffice prove that I've knowledge of English for citizenship or do I need to go through NARIC or doing B1 route?

Please advise, look forward for your reply

thanks

akythaky
Newly Registered

Re: naturalization english requirement query after 28 oct 20

Post by akythaky » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi,

I am in similar situation as mentioned my user "1207kiran". Pleaes can anyone update whether I need certificate from naric