ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do These dates work for a successful application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jack902

Do These dates work for a successful application?

Post by jack902 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 pm

I will be applying via NCS on 7 October 2013

I assume the UKBA will receive my application on 8 October 2013

Therefore, I understand the start of my qualifying period is 9 October 2008

I was present in the UK on 9 October 2008. I departed the UK on a flight on the evening of the 10 October 2008.

I was granted ILR on 9 October 2012.

Is this a successful application?

(I am keen to apply now to avoid new language requirements which kick in later this month)

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 am

Your date calculations are correct.

However, your NCS will not guarantee your application will be received by UKBA on the next day. If it takes two daqys ( mine did ), you could be throwing away your fee.

If you were only gone from the UK for a short period, you should wait until the next period where you are eligible - allowing for a couple of days delay in the application delivery.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:55 am

Or apply yourself and use special delivery ... if delivered ontime well and good, if they fail to deliver, you can claim the damages ...

jack902

Post by jack902 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:00 pm

rod_p wrote:Your date calculations are correct.

However, your NCS will not guarantee your application will be received by UKBA on the next day. If it takes two daqys ( mine did ), you could be throwing away your fee.

If you were only gone from the UK for a short period, you should wait until the next period where you are eligible - allowing for a couple of days delay in the application delivery.
Thank you! In this instance, is it also fine if UKBA receive application 2 days later on 9 October 2013?

Five years previously, I was in the UK on 10 October 2008. My flight was late that evening. I assume being present for a part of a day counts as being fully present?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 pm

jack902 wrote:
rod_p wrote:Your date calculations are correct.

Thank you! In this instance, is it also fine if UKBA receive application 2 days later on 9 October 2013?

Five years previously, I was in the UK on 10 October 2008. My flight was late that evening. I assume being present for a part of a day counts as being fully present?
Yes. As long as it is received before the 10th.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:41 am

jack902 wrote:In he guidance, there is a mention that the 1 photo to be provided should be "recent". What does this mean?

For ILR, I recall the photo could not be older than 30 days.

Thanks
VR wrote:The more recent the better. You dont want to be stopped at immigration amidst a business trip.
cheers
vr
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:42 am

Applications should include a recent passport sized
photograph. The applicant should print their name and
date of birth on the back of the photograph
So long as the photo looks like you that should suffice, i'd say within the last 6 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.