ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:25 pm

That's correct. Just noticed the Form has 'September 2013' on the cover page.
I am pretty sure I had downloaded the form in August but my interview with NCS was in September and the officer did not mention anything about the form.
Do I have to blame it on them if my application gets rejected because of the NCS oversight?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Monika_33 wrote:That's correct. Just noticed the Form has 'September 2013' on the cover page.
I am pretty sure I had downloaded the form in August but my interview with NCS was in September and the officer did not mention anything about the form.
Do I have to blame it on them if my application gets rejected because of the NCS oversight?
I think you have a few days that you can use either form; so you should be fine.

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi Derivaz,

As my appointment with NSC is on 10/10/13, I will use the new form. I had already filled in the December 2012 form but I will just duplicate the information and ask my references to sign the ne form to be on the safe side.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 pm

joy2006 wrote:Hi Derivaz,

As my appointment with NSC is on 10/10/13, I will use the new form. I had already filled in the December 2012 form but I will just duplicate the information and ask my references to sign the ne form to be on the safe side.
If you have time to do it, it's better I think, but you should be ok with the old one too

Fab.123
Newly Registered

NON EEA NATRULISATION

Post by Fab.123 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 am

Eligibility criteria: NON EEA national, 5+1 years exercising treaty rights, PR card AS WELL
Nationality:INDIAN
Method of application:PRIVATE
Date of application: 27/09/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement:Awaiting
Date of debit of fees:Awaiting
Date of approval: Awaiting

Derivaz

Re: NON EEA NATRULISATION

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am

Fab.123 wrote:Eligibility criteria: NON EEA national, 5+1 years exercising treaty rights, PR card AS WELL
Nationality:INDIAN
Method of application:PRIVATE
Date of application: 27/09/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement:Awaiting
Date of debit of fees:Awaiting
Date of approval: Awaiting
I think there is an october time line post, mate.

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

Post by Jasper_X » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 pm

after few months of speedy processing..it seems that they are slowed down significantly again..
it's 2 weeks since I posted my application,they received it the next day,yet no acknowledgement letter yet and they haven't even taken the fees yet.. :?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Jasper_X wrote:after few months of speedy processing..it seems that they are slowed down significantly again..
it's 2 weeks since I posted my application,they received it the next day,yet no acknowledgement letter yet and they haven't even taken the fees yet.. :?
It took almost 2 weeks for them to take my fees and one more week to acknowledge it.

I think if you sent your PR card (I take it you are EU from your name); yours will be fast; I submitted proof of treaty rights, which is supposed to be slower and it took 2 months; although, then it took the letter 3 weeks to arrive...

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

Post by Jasper_X » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:43 am

Derivaz wrote:
Jasper_X wrote:after few months of speedy processing..it seems that they are slowed down significantly again..
It took almost 2 weeks for them to take my fees and one more week to acknowledge it.

I think if you sent your PR card (I take it you are EU from your name); yours will be fast; I submitted proof of treaty rights, which is supposed to be slower and it took 2 months; although, then it took the letter 3 weeks to arrive...
no I'm not from EU..I applied based on 5 years residency + ILR.I was checking the timeline topic and it seemed most if not all applications in the past few months were fast tracked comparing to say last year.usually money taken in just few days after receipt.however this month appears to be slowed down again.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 am

Jasper_X wrote:
Derivaz wrote:

no I'm not from EU..I applied based on 5 years residency + ILR.I was checking the timeline topic and it seemed most if not all applications in the past few months were fast tracked comparing to say last year.usually money taken in just few days after receipt.however this month appears to be slowed down again.
People were saying that in July as well; they were saying that May or June were faster... in my case and my pal's case; it took 2 months to get approved.

sahana6
Newly Registered

3 years residency + ILR

Post by sahana6 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi,

I will be applying as spouse of British Citizen (3 years residency + ILR). My husband's citizenship is approved and booked the oath ceremony on 20 Nov 2013.
Can someone pls tell me when latest I can apply for Naturalisation? Can I apply with the certificate of Naturalisation that he receives on the day of oath ceremony or should I wait until he gets his passport?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Derivaz

Re: 3 years residency + ILR

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:50 pm

sahana6 wrote:Hi,

I will be applying as spouse of British Citizen (3 years residency + ILR). My husband's citizenship is approved and booked the oath ceremony on 20 Nov 2013.
Can someone pls tell me when latest I can apply for Naturalisation? Can I apply with the certificate of Naturalisation that he receives on the day of oath ceremony or should I wait until he gets his passport?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
He'll be officially british after the ceremony when he gets his certificate, so if you meet the other criteria and are only waiting for him to become a BC, you can apply after his ceremony

sahana6
Newly Registered

Post by sahana6 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Derivaz wrote:

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
He'll be officially british after the ceremony when he gets his certificate, so if you meet the other criteria and are only waiting for him to become a BC, you can apply after his ceremony
Thanks Derivaz for the quick response. I see this in Application Form Supporting Documents section, so a bit confused -

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
Husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s passport or birth certificate AND
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

If the certificate is enough, and I do not need to wait until he receives the passport, then thts good news as I am in an urgency to travel out of the country for a short vacation and am close to the allowed absences in last 3 years.

Many thanks.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 pm

sahana6 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
Thanks Derivaz for the quick response. I see this in Application Form Supporting Documents section, so a bit confused -

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
Husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s passport or birth certificate AND
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

If the certificate is enough, and I do not need to wait until he receives the passport, then thts good news as I am in an urgency to travel out of the country for a short vacation and am close to the allowed absences in last 3 years.

Many thanks.
What they require is proof that your partner is British; the Naturalisation Certificate proves that; a passport is only an option for citizens to have, but it's not mandatory and doesn't make a person more of a citizen; for instance I won't apply for a UK passport until Janury, because I'll be on holidays, but I'll be equally British, as soon as I get my certificate.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:39 am

I have been in contact with several agencies offering their services to help with citizenship application and most of them charge 500 pounds.
1. My first question is if I would to use NCS is there really a point of engaging an agency or solicitor to help as I have been married for over 3 years to BC and I have pretty much all documents in order.
2. If NCS does approve that all documents are in order and that I can submit my application does it mean that case worker should treat my application as a formality since NCS approved it?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:53 am

milan69 wrote:I have been in contact with several agencies offering their services to help with citizenship application and most of them charge 500 pounds.
1. My first question is if I would to use NCS is there really a point of engaging an agency or solicitor to help as I have been married for over 3 years to BC and I have pretty much all documents in order.
2. If NCS does approve that all documents are in order and that I can submit my application does it mean that case worker should treat my application as a formality since NCS approved it?
Naturalisation applications are not complicated. I would think there are better things to do with £500.

1. What documents do you think you need to provide? Normally a passport (and a marriage certificate in your case) is all that is required.
2. NCS are not the decision makers. They just photocopy the documents and forward the to the HO. Some might review the documents but they are not experts or suppose to give advice. Having said that, I believe the percent of refusals when using NCS are minimal.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

If your application is straightforward, then there is no point paying £ 500. Naturalisation is the very easy application to make.

NCS does not approve the application, they just check you meeet statutory requirement.

If you can read and write english, you can fill up the form yourselves. Ask on the forum if you have any doubts, and book an appointment with NCS, and save £ 500. Or you can give £ 500 to me if you have lots of money. :lol:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:If your application is straightforward, then there is no point paying £ 500. Naturalisation is the very easy application to make.

NCS does not approve the application, they just check you meeet statutory requirement.

If you can read and write english, you can fill up the form yourselves. Ask on the forum if you have any doubts, and book an appointment with NCS, and save £ 500. Or you can give £ 500 to me if you have lots of money. :lol:
I think that if you read the guide properly; the NCS doesn't really help much, because they will know the same as you; but the main thing is that you don't have to send all your documents; to me that's enough, because I don't fancy chasing inland revenue to get copies of my P60s for instance....

Also, my application was straight forward, but other applications, especially people that have had cautions, fines, convictions, etc... are more complex, so a professional (not the NCS) might be useful; although, having said that, I've read here that someone's immigration solicitor didn't spot minor mistakes like that the person wasn't in the UK 5 years prior to the application and it was refused because of that, so not sure they are worth it....

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have one questions which I have posted somewhere else but I still need clarification.

I lost my passport a month ago and I was wondering how big a problem will it be. In the past year I have been out of UK for I think some 30 days but I am don't know the exact numbers and I can not specify the exact dates now. Is it essential to get the correct days of absence in AN form?
I can list roughly the dates and I would be mistaken by a margin of 4-5 days.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 pm

milan69 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have one questions which I have posted somewhere else but I still need clarification.

I lost my passport a month ago and I was wondering how big a problem will it be. In the past year I have been out of UK for I think some 30 days but I am don't know the exact numbers and I can not specify the exact dates now. Is it essential to get the correct days of absence in AN form?
I can list roughly the dates and I would be mistaken by a margin of 4-5 days.
I don't think you need to know the exact days; because I didnt know them put the approximate dates and got approved; what you do need to ensure is that you haven't been abroad longer than 90 days a year and that you were physically in the UK exactly 5 years prior to the day the HO receives your application

Insane
Newly Registered

Homeoffice sent approval letter to wrong address.

Post by Insane » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

I have a question please somebody help. I applied for citizenship through Ncs
On 5th of July. Money was taken out of my Acc on 12th July. Been waiting ever since for acknowledgment or approval letter. Nothing
But today I called Homeoffice and they told me decision had been made since 9th of July and certificate and invitation for ceremony been sent to my very first address when I came to uk when I wrote my new address on the an application form. Now I have to wait and see if they can send me a duplicate certificate or not. Has anyone else had this kind of experience and what should I expect next? :? :shock:

Alimanu
Newly Registered

Re: Homeoffice sent approval letter to wrong address.

Post by Alimanu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Insane wrote:I have a question please somebody help. I applied for citizenship through Ncs
On 5th of July. Money was taken out of my Acc on 12th July. Been waiting ever since for acknowledgment or approval letter. Nothing
But today I called Homeoffice and they told me decision had been made since 9th of July and certificate and invitation for ceremony been sent to my very first address when I came to uk when I wrote my new address on the an application form. Now I have to wait and see if they can send me a duplicate certificate or not. Has anyone else had this kind of experience and what should I expect next? :? :shock:
Your July dates are conflicting please check...

Derivaz

Re: Homeoffice sent approval letter to wrong address.

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Alimanu wrote:
Insane wrote:I have a question please somebody help. I applied for citizenship through Ncs
Your July dates are conflicting please check...
Also, the address issue isn't very clear

darthsolicitortobe
Newly Registered

price for Naturalisation.

Post by darthsolicitortobe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Can anyone confirm how much to pay for naturalisation i.e. Form AN. Is it £874 alone; or do you have to add an extra £80 for the ceremony fee? Thank you.

Derivaz

Re: price for Naturalisation.

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 pm

darthsolicitortobe wrote:Can anyone confirm how much to pay for naturalisation i.e. Form AN. Is it £874 alone; or do you have to add an extra £80 for the ceremony fee? Thank you.
unless, they have increased the price since July, it was £874 and that includes the ceremony; anyway, whatever the price is on the website, it includes the ceremony.