ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EEA National Married to EEA National, Family Permit,EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

The Midlands
Newly Registered

non EEA National Married to EEA National, Family Permit,EEA2

Post by The Midlands » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:52 am

Hello there,

Although I have done tons of research on Family Permits, EEA2, EEA4, etc, I'm still a little confused and want to be completely sure of everything before starting up.

So my situation - I'm Lithuanian national who came to UK 2 years ago, have been employed ever since. I met my wife on line about 4-5 years ago, I met her in person 2 years ago (2011), we got married nearly 2 months ago (august 2013). We have met three times so far, going to meet her for the fourth time in a month. She is Uzbek national. We want to settle together as soon as possible since we have been separated for such a long time. IMO, the easiest way to do so is FP -> EEA2 -> EEA4, correct me if I am wrong.

At first, we want to apply for FP, as far as I know marriage certificate, our passports, EEA national declaration is enough, isn't it? Do we need to add more documents to support our application in order to make it flawless?

What proof of exercising treaty rights do I need to provide?

Can I apply for FP here in UK on behalf of my wife?

I have heard that in order to get FP there is 'unofficial' income threshold, also heard that I might need to have some savings, is that true?

After she hopefully gets FP we plan to apply for RC (EEA2) straight away. Any possible difficulties getting it I might be not aware of?

When is the best time to apply for EEA1 for me? Before applying for FP, or before my wife appying for her RC, or...?

Thank You in advance!

P.S. All responses and advices are very welcome.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm

You say that you're currently working, so this will be your proof of exercising treaty rights.

A FP can only be applied for outside the UK
You only need to show that your economic activity is gainful. I am not aware of an un/official threshold.

A RC application from the UK is straightforward provided necessary supporting docs are provided.

You can apply for a Registration Certificate for yourself whenever you wish. It is not mandatory to hold one.

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

Re: non EEA National Married to EEA National, Family Permit,

Post by arsalankhan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:32 pm

My story is also a bit similar to you and only difference is that iam a non eeu citizen and wife is an EEA citizen we Also got married in august 2013 and after 5 months we applied the case and got the answer in march within 3 months lucky me :) and the only supporting documents i provided were bank statements voting registration if you got one proof of id with pic and some without confirming you name and address, some picture together as a couple or with friends and family thats all. Hope it helps.