ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Speeding offence Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anandpatil
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Speeding offence Letter

Post by anandpatil » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 am

Need your guidance on my naturalisation application. I am eligible for Naturalisation on 18/10/2013 and booked my Nationality Checking service on 21/10/2013. Mean time following events happened.

1. On 19 Aug 2013 - received First Speeding ticket for 38miles in 30mile zone and accepted it , As it was my first ticket and gone through Drive awareness course on 02/10/2013.
2. Received another speeding offence letter for 61 miles at 50miles zone dated 22 Sep 2013. I have accepted it on 03/10/2013 as don’t want to involve in defending my speeding. i have checked in various forums and all of them have indicated that maximum penalty would be 3points on driving license and £60 fixed penalty notification (FPN) for my speeding. I am still waiting for the decision on this offence.

1. If i don’t get decision on 2nd driving speed offence by 21/10/2013 should i go ahead and apply for naturalisation? if so should i mention both offences or just 2nd offence.
2. If i get decision on my 2nd speeding offence with 3points and FPN of £60 (being optimistic here) should i mention both speeding offence or just the 2nd offence on naturalisation application?
3. Or its good to wait and apply after 12 months (October 2014) so that I don’t have any PFN's in last 12 months.

Thanks
Anand
Last edited by anandpatil on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VR

Disclosure

Post by VR » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am

Anand,

If you are going to apply you are better safe than sorry and disclose both. As deception will automatically bring in a 10 year ban on your getting your naturalization.

Looking at the latest guidance that has just been released, the onus is on the case worker to decide and if they feel there is a pattern of offending involved they can reject your application.

Having said this this risk is there even when you apply after a year (who can say they wont look at your Feb-2013 incident and conclude that there is a pattern of offending involved here).

This is a tricky one and other learned members can chip in. If I say apply you are damned, if I say wait for a year and apply still you can be damned.

I hope it goes well for you. I personally feel such trivial day-to-day incidents have no bearing on a migrant's character (atleast he is working on a daily basis, paying his bills and not sitting on his hindside living off the state). They do not stop the benefits of a person who commits a speeding violation do they??
Good Luck
cheers
vr

PS:Now that you have booked an appointment at NCS take your application and see what they advise. You will only loose the NCS Fees. If they say its fine take a chance. You never know what changes these donkeys will bring in again by 2014. They have lost the plot and failed on European Immigration and failed to tackle various other economic issues. They persecute a hardworking minority as it is convenient for them to deflect their failures.

Heisgood

Re: Naturalisation - Speeding offence Letter

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 pm

anandpatil wrote:Need your guidance on my naturalisation application. I am eligible for Naturalisation on 18/10/2013 and booked my Nationality Checking service on 21/10/2013. Mean time following events happened.

1. On 19 Aug 2013 - received First Speeding ticket for 38miles in 30mile zone and accepted it , As it was my first ticket and gone through Drive awareness course on 02/20/2013.
2. Received another speeding offence letter for 61 miles at 50miles zone dated 22 Sep 2013. I have accepted it on 03/10/2013 as don’t want to involve in defending my speeding. i have checked in various forums and all of them have indicated that maximum penalty would be 3points on driving license and £60 fixed penalty notification (FPN) for my speeding. I am still waiting for the decision on this offence.

1. If i don’t get decision on 2nd driving speed offence by 21/10/2013 should i go ahead and apply for naturalisation? if so should i mention both offences or just 2nd offence.
2. If i get decision on my 2nd speeding offence with 3points and FPN of £60 (being optimistic here) should i mention both speeding offence or just the 2nd offence on naturalisation application?
3. Or its good to wait and apply after 12 months (October 2014) so that I don’t have any PFN's in last 12 months.

Thanks
Anand
Your dates don't match up you quote
"1. On 19 Aug 2013 - received First Speeding ticket for 38miles in 30mile zone and accepted it , As it was my first ticket and gone through Drive awareness course on 02/20/2013"

If two in 12mths that's risky business, however if you only have one FPN in the last year then I say go for it. Others have been successful on this forum with 1 FPN (not issued by court) in the last 12mths. You also have no idea what changes the HO will bring that might set you back even further. All the best and watch your speeding ....
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

VR

First one is not actually on record

Post by VR » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Heisgood,

The first one does not get an entry in the counterpart licence. You spend I think 80quid on a speeding awareness course and all is forgotten.

But the problem is this information will be on record with the DVLA. It is easy for us to get road traffic offences on the phone .

In the light of the new guidance It will be a risk as the Caseworker can decide the case based on a pattern of offending. Hence the best option is to discuss with the NCS and then decide.
cheers
vr

Heisgood

Re: First one is not actually on record

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:46 pm

VR wrote:Heisgood,

The first one does not get an entry in the counterpart licence. You spend I think 80quid on a speeding awareness course and all is forgotten.

But the problem is this information will be on record with the DVLA. It is easy for us to get road traffic offences on the phone .

In the light of the new guidance It will be a risk as the Caseworker can decide the case based on a pattern of offending. Hence the best option is to discuss with the NCS and then decide.
cheers
vr
VR – My point is how can you do the speeding course before you get the ticket? The dates listed above are obviously wrong hence my advice on IF ONE in 12mths....

Agree that calls to a few NCS may be a good place to start but they may not even be aware of the new guidance....
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

anandpatil
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by anandpatil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi All, thank you so much for all your views on my case. To start up with I will go ahead with my NCS booking and seek second opinion on my case with NCS and take it from there. I will keep you posted whats happening with my case.

Thank you
Anand

VR

He mentions 2/10/2013

Post by VR » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Dear Heisgood,

Anand has mentioned the date of driving awareness as above. You are correct that you cant do the course before the date of the offence . But you interpret it this way because you took it as 2/20/2013. :-)

M8 like I said, relax. As your filing date nears you are reading in doubles :D
Cheers
vr

Heisgood

Re: He mentions 2/10/2013

Post by Heisgood » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

VR wrote:Dear Heisgood,

Anand has mentioned the date of driving awareness as above. You are correct that you cant do the course before the date of the offence . But you interpret it this way because you took it as 2/20/2013. :-)

M8 like I said, relax. As your filing date nears you are reading in doubles :D
Cheers
vr
VR - You should take up comedy mate. You really make me laugh. No I am not seeing doubles mate. Look through the thread and you will see he edited it...

Last edited by anandpatil on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total :lol:

anandpatil
Newly Registered

Regarding dates!!

Post by anandpatil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi , in my original post I had put date as 02/20/2013, apologies for the confusion and I have corrected it later to 02/10/2013.

saratchandrag
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation - Speeding offence Letter

Post by saratchandrag » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi, any update please? Did you get through the naturalization process with one speeding ticket?