ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 - Has anyone got a response in the last 4 weeks?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:34 pm

Dont give up too soon.

sometime life tests what you are made of ?

Dont give up so easily. Keep hopes high and possibilities are there.

U just became hopeless very quickly.

stmani

Post by stmani » Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 am

2 of my friends got their letters with approval............they're happy bunny!!!!

they got married in jan 06, were denied before but then approved this week and got stamp of 5 years.

what should i do, im planning for uk option. :x

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:42 am

I suggest you wait for the decision

looks like both ur friends did some "business" there if u get my drift !

The person who is genuine always have to wait the longest !

stmani

Post by stmani » Thu May 31, 2007 11:01 am

THAT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi my name is Sandra and I am a Non-EU(mexican) married to a EU(latvian). Im in the same boat as everybody here. Next week my EU1 is oficially 6 months and no answer. This is afecting my mental and fisical health already. I calles the DoJ and they told me that they are currentl processing aplications that they receive in August and well...they got mine in december so I just have to be pacient...but OF COURSE :shock:
Im very totally agree with a demonstration. I mean I am here not because of the money, the truth to be told I found out Ireland was rich only when I arrived :? I fall in love with a man and staying in Ireland was the only way of how to be togheter...I AM NOT A REFUGEE I m willing to work hard AND legally as everybody else. But at the step, Iam seriously thinking in wirtting saying that If I dont get a positive answer they will have to rescue me from the Liffey River!! I mean sure volunteering could b nice but it doesnt pay the bills :cry:

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:31 pm

Hey hey SanMex Relax

Dont hit that extreeme.I can certainly understand what you mean.
We al want to work not not Claim "dole" Like Skangers

Relax !!!! there is a decsion pending so lets see whats the outcome of that.Also keep calling the Feckers for reply.

Protests dont get heard guys. We need to carefully choose out actions.

Something which Absolutely leaves the Irish government no option
but to give us our right

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:33 am

Hang on there Sandra.
By the time they will be deciding on your application, hopefully the news will be better...
At least you are with him. No more long distances...
"Waiting for namecheck" since 2007.

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Yeah I keep trying, and actually Ill be sending all the letters you have been propousing, it is ridiculus they have such an attitude towards inmigrants specially when they have such a story of migration!! And they r even worst, they travel to the US and then because they like it there they want a VISA :shock: I read that in Metro. So again Im a bit confuse from the moment the 6 months are over to whom should I send letters? :? Does anybody knows whats the story with the Work Permit thing? Im happy to find out Im not alone in this situation... :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm

I dont know regarding the work permit thing

But i will say Dont give up your corner and settle for a lower one.Workpermit is all bullshit.

For work permit you need a job above 30k and as soon as i have told the employers that i need a work permit they refused flat out!

i lost 4 jobs in 2 weeks because no employer want to go theorugh the hastle of this.

In the end why cant we get EU-1 when we have every right to get them ?

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Ohh dear :( yeah some friends have told me to go and clean houses, I mean sure it could give some money, but Im a marketing major always studied with scholarships..cleaning houses? :? not really my goal when I first started studying. Well i previosuly lived for 3 months in Latvia, thou I really dont remeber whether if I wrote that or dont :? and my pasport was stolen the good thing is that I came here by bus so i have all the other stamps, i hope thatll be enought if I get my permission denied... :(

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Cleaning houses
I have no Idea whats that like

I am accountant my self.Worked previously in mc donald too about 5 years ago.

I would suggest "Opair" or "care taker" for babies as the money is very good
plus its not too much work !

But i am no expert on this. Its my general idea !

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:47 pm

this would be illegal.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Yes but if one is married to EU national and the EU-1 application is in process

You can work as far as i am aware.Its your automatic right. !

Correct me if i am wrong !

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:53 pm

runie80 wrote:Yes but if one is married to EU national and the EU-1 application is in process

You can work as far as i am aware.Its your automatic right. !

Correct me if i am wrong !
It is illegal to work without being registered for tax. You need a PPS number to do that? They won't give you a PPS number unless you have a Stamp 4/Residence card/work permit.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:57 pm

I have PPS

And i am neither of the one u mentioned above

I am student ! :lol: I dont know what u say as i have applied eu-1 now

studying here Living here and working here since 6 years !

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:01 pm

All my friends told me not to quit my job, as they would last forever to realise that I was working, and the truth to be told we Non EU have right under studen visa to work 20 hrs pw, everybody I know work even 53. But they should allow us at least to leave the country for holidays or someting, I feel in a cage am sure everybody feels the same. I have religious wedding in december in Mexico, I just hope I can manage to get an answer by then :roll:
But once again to whom should I adress my first letter fax when the 6 months are over? DoJ?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Yes i would say Contact DOJ

You will know where u stand by the time the court decides on the 15th of this month.

yes students are allowed to work 20 hours during the week and full time during summer holidays which is about 3 months or 4 months in some cases.

Thats also true that students are working 53 hours.

At one summer i worked 103 hours in week :) Dont ask details.

But the government is happy Students pay tax.They cannot claim any benifits from social.They pay heavy fee every year to colleges to subsidize the Irish students fee.(same course for irish student is 4500 and for non eu is 8500 and sit in same class) what a JOKE ! students also do all micky mouse jobs and are open to be abused !

WHO says SLAVE labour is finished :?: only the nature of work changed

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:20 pm

runie80 wrote:I have PPS

And i am neither of the one u mentioned above

I am student ! :lol: I dont know what u say as i have applied eu-1 now

studying here Living here and working here since 6 years !
I'm sure it's totally different for you. You are allowed to work because you're a student anyhow.

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:35 pm

Yeah I know from school whose bussines is trafiking brasilians and OH MY GOD PRICES ARE CRAZY!! but there is no need to go to class. I called DoJ and ask if I could work with student visa and they say no cause Im waiting for EU1 :(
I dont want to think whats gonna happend if court case does not favor us. Do you think there is hope? So on th 15 we will know for sure or we still hsve to wait?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 pm

I am pretty sure if people attend the hearing on 8th

and they see which way things have been drifting.

You appear to be in a difficult condition SanMex.

Yes colleges are making huge money as some colleges are created by relatives of Politicians as its easy money !.

Yes just hang in there Keep ur self patient.

i know i was losing my control too after sending them documents but then i realised whats at stake and who will loose.

So i am thinking everthing in detail before i make my next moves.

Just relax SanMex wait for the decision and keep all the energy to be used for positive moves !

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:50 pm

THANK YOU.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Static wrote:It is illegal to work without being registered for tax. You need a PPS number to do that? They won't give you a PPS number unless you have a Stamp 4/Residence card/work permit.
I am here on a spouse visa. I am also waiting for the E.U 1 thing,but I was able to go to the Social Services office with a letter from my spouse and my passport with the spouse visa and get a PPS no. 2 months ago. Please use the spouse visa to apply for the PPS No.

When you have the PPS number, your spouse can claim you as a dependant and get some deduction on his/her taxes. Please do it immediately and SAVE your TAX MONEY!

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:26 am

archigabe wrote:
Static wrote:It is illegal to work without being registered for tax. You need a PPS number to do that? They won't give you a PPS number unless you have a Stamp 4/Residence card/work permit.
I am here on a spouse visa. I am also waiting for the E.U 1 thing,but I was able to go to the Social Services office with a letter from my spouse and my passport with the spouse visa and get a PPS no. 2 months ago. Please use the spouse visa to apply for the PPS No.

When you have the PPS number, your spouse can claim you as a dependant and get some deduction on his/her taxes. Please do it immediately and SAVE your TAX MONEY!
:( Now I wish I had a spouse visa.

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:09 am

Crazy...
I couldn't get a spousal visa even if I wanted to, as I'm from a visa waiver country...
Florencia

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:20 am

Flor_mz wrote:Crazy...
I couldn't get a spousal visa even if I wanted to, as I'm from a visa waiver country...
I am also.. does that mean I can't get one??