ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment on visa expiry date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leebaf
Newly Registered

PEO appointment on visa expiry date

Post by leebaf » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am

Hi

Is it possible to have PEO appointment for my ILR SET (O) on my visa expiry date?

For example, my visa expiry date is 28 Oct and planning to make an appointment at PEO on 28 Oct. Will I be treated as overstayer?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Regards,

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:59 am

You won't be treated as Overstayer.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 am

Similar to entry clearance expiry date?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

leebaf
Newly Registered

Post by leebaf » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks rajesh9pl and Vinny!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:29 pm

try to avoid this situation unless it is the only option.

If for any reason, you can't go to peo or for any reason peo doesn't work on that day you will have to send it through post.

laudo9
Newly Registered

Post by laudo9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 am

I am in the same position. PEO appointment booked on 28th October for SET (M) application. This is also the date my FLR is valid until. I've been assured on this forum and by the UKBA telephone line that this will be fine.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Be careful.

"Valid until" "date" is ambiguous.

It may mean that leave is not valid on the "date" or leave is valid on the "date"?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 am

leebaf wrote:Hi all,

I'm in need of some advice and I would really appreciate if you could help me.

I'm going to the PEO appointment at Liverpool next Monday for SET(O) application, and I'm quite concerned with my wife's application.

I'm missing co-habitation proof for few periods as results of bad record keeping. I hear some case workers do not pay much attention while some does.

We'll be happy as long as I get ILR at the appointment, for then I can re-apply for my wife's later, but we're concerned that the problem in my wife's depedent ILR application on SET(O) may block my ILR decision (main applicant) as well.

Is it possible for the case worker to approve the application of the main applicant only while reject the dependent's, or if there is issue with your dependent's application, your whole application gets rejected?

Thank you always for your help in advance.

Regards,

P.S. oh, also, is it possible to turn up to the appointment with different family member/dependent? Obviously I've booked the appointment for the family slot and paid in full. At the time of booking, I've entered myself as main applicant and my wife as dependent. Now that I'm worried for the above, I'm thinking to apply ILR dependent for my UK born 1 yr old child instead (initially planned not to include my child, being UK born, but since there is a possibility my wife won't be able to get it, I'm thinking to include my child instead). Is this possible?
wpilr_nov12 wrote:the ilr application of primary applicant is decided on your own merits. the coapplicants decision will be based on the outcome of the primarys outcome. so if your wife applying as your dependent will not influence your own application, irrespective of whether she is granted ilr or not.

I think uyou should concentrate on sorting out the cohab docs issue so tha tyour wife has ilr. I personally dont think it is necessary to get ilr for your uk born child.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

leebaf
Newly Registered

Post by leebaf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:44 am

Thank you, wpilr_nov12 for your comments. That's a bit of relief. Cheers.

leebaf
Newly Registered

Post by leebaf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 am

Just have another question on the back of the reply that main applicant and co applicant's application will be treated differently.

Is that mean, we will receive the decision letter separately, one for the main applicant and one for the coapplicant in such case?

Really much appreciate your help always!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

leebaf wrote:Just have another question on the back of the reply that main applicant and co applicant's application will be treated differently.

Is that mean, we will receive the decision letter separately, one for the main applicant and one for the coapplicant in such case?

Really much appreciate your help always!
yes
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.