ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application returned 4 not submitting 55 £+ overstayed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

QZ
Newly Registered

EEA2 application returned 4 not submitting 55 £+ overstayed

Post by QZ » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:06 am

Hi,
I applied for residence card on 16 July, got a letter on 18 July from the home office that they received it. I still had UK visa. I received my documents back on 19th sept. along with a letter saying "payment is not being made, I should apply again."I paid via my card n contacted my Bank Barclays that says no request was made by the HO. Meanwhile I have overstayed my visa. What should I do now? The home office returned my documents after almost 2 months and now I have overstayed also. Should I apply through a solicitor? I am 5 months pregnant also. I am so confused and tensed. Anyone here can help? [/b]

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 am

What is your relationship with eea national? What eea national is doing?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

QZ
Newly Registered

Post by QZ » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:15 am

Hi is my husband and works in London. We moved to London in feb this year.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:21 am

Then forget of being overstayed and simply re-apply again with the documents shown on application with a valid (unexpired) passport. This time if you wish can use simple and easy payment mode which is post office postal order.
REGARDS

QZ
Newly Registered

Post by QZ » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:27 am

Should I attach a covering letter and explain to them, why I overstayed? With proof of their letter (I got on 24july) and documents received by me on 19th sept?
How to make a postal order? I have never done that befor.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:36 am

No need to write a covering letter for this purpose as under eu route the visa expiry does not matter. Simply go in post office and ask them to make postal order of £55 for you payable to Homeoffice. Check eea2 form again especially the payment section where you can see the option of this type payment.
best of luck
REGARDS

QZ
Newly Registered

Post by QZ » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:53 am

Many thanks! I am gonna do this first thing on Monday. One last question: should I add our wedding pictures in the application? Our wedding certificate is translated in English and approved by the Foreign office of my home country, where we were married.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:04 am

Wedding pictures: its optional
REGARDS

xlisusx

Post by xlisusx » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:15 am

Last edited by xlisusx on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:02 am

[quote="xlisusx"]You should check all the documents necessary, of course you should send your marriage certificate, that is the proof of your status with the British citizen, and I would send as much proof( official documents) as you have, if you have joint bank account,mortgage, rent,council tax etc...
I just had my citizenship approval, and like you, I used to get very nervous about visa but all this is getting in the past now.

Good luck

EEA application is different then UK application

remember don't send too much and too less

- Marriage certificate

- Proof of residency ( Bank statement, House/flat contract )

- EEA national exercising treaty right in the UK

this are 3 main documents you need to send. You can include anything that is in Joint account otherwise not necessary

Pictures: unnecessary

but yes you can write a cover letter and make sure you organise the documents properly

even if you don't send EEA2 you are still legal resident after marriage with an EU national. EEA2 is not compulsory but good to have

your residency now depend on EU national exercising treaty right + marriage length
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:07 am

[quote="xlisusx"]You should check all the documents necessary, of course you should send your marriage certificate, that is the proof of your status with the British citizen, and I would send as much proof( official documents) as you have, if you have joint bank account,mortgage, rent,council tax etc...
I just had my citizenship approval, and like you, I used to get very nervous about visa but all this is getting in the past now.

Good luck

EEA application is different then UK application

remember don't send too much and too less

- Marriage certificate

- Proof of residency ( Bank statement, House/flat contract )

- EEA national exercising treaty right in the UK

this are 3 main documents you need to send. You can include anything that is in Joint account otherwise not necessary

Pictures: unnecessary

but yes you can write a cover letter and make sure you organise the documents properly
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA2 application returned 4 not submitting 55 £+ oversta

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:38 am

QZ wrote:Hi,
I applied for residence card on 16 July, got a letter on 18 July from the home office that they received it. I still had UK visa. I received my documents back on 19th sept. along with a letter saying "payment is not being made, I should apply again."I paid via my card n contacted my Bank Barclays that says no request was made by the HO. Meanwhile I have overstayed my visa. What should I do now? The home office returned my documents after almost 2 months and now I have overstayed also. Should I apply through a solicitor? I am 5 months pregnant also. I am so confused and tensed. Anyone here can help? [/b]
You have not overstayed if you are married to an EU national exercising treaty rights. Applying for residence documentation is optional in the UK - though it is recommended.

In terms of documentation, all you require is:

Your passport.
Your marriage certificate.
EU's passport.
Evidence that the EU is exercising treaty rights - eg is a worker.

Nothing else.