ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa refused. What to do after?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BRmigrant
Newly Registered

Student Visa refused. What to do after?

Post by BRmigrant » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:20 am

Hi all,

Hi,

I recently found myself in need of immigration advice.

On December 2012 I was excluded from my university where I was studying a Bachelor of IT because I had failed too many subjects. They reported me to immigration with a Notice 20 of the National Code. When I tried applying for another student visa in March, it was refused to me on the grounds that I had previously failed to comply with my visa’s requirements and that the new course I was undertaking was not in the continuity of my Bachelor.
In June 2013 I applied to the MRT, but my application was refused late August.
My Bridging Visa was to end on the 17th of September and so I left for New Zealand. From there, and with the advice of a migration agent, I applied for the Tourist Visa in order to come back and find a new university where I could finish my degree. Unfortunately I received a request for more documents. One of this request was a signed document where I stated that I understood and agreed that my visa got a No Further Stay close in it, hence forbidding me from applying for any other (useful or possible) visa while I would be in Australia.

I flew out to Indonesia where my parents live in order to clarify my situation and see what my options could be.

I would like to know if it is possible to check my status with the Australian immigration services, to see if I’ve been red flagged or not. Is there a way for me to do it myself?

Would it be possible for me to request a student visa to finish my bachelor, from where I am now and get it granted?

Is there any other options available to me?

Thanks for any advice