ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving UK before switching to Tier-4 Student

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fido86
Newly Registered

Leaving UK before switching to Tier-4 Student

Post by fido86 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi all,

I am currently under PSW visa and I'm doing a PhD now. I haven't yet switched to a student visa. I want to leave UK for 2 weeks for some business and come back. Is it fine to leave UK before switching into a student visa? Is it likely that immigration officer could refuse granting me entry saying that you must be under a student visa not a PSW?

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm

If your current leave is still valid you can come and go with that. PSW, however, is not a study visa and if questioned on arrival, saying that you have no employment under your current status and are merely entering the UK to effect a switch to T4, would certainly be a recipe for disaster.

fido86
Newly Registered

Post by fido86 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm

If I was asked then, because they always ask what are you doing in the UK or what are you going to do, what should I answer then?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:40 pm

You seem to be asking for tips on deception, or am I not understanding your meaning?. You can't say something that you know is not correct. It's really straightforward: when asked questions by immigration officers, you must make truthful responses. Tell them your current situation and why you are entering the UK.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fido86
Newly Registered

Post by fido86 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Sorry you may got me wrong, I don't want to be in a situation like that. That's why I'm asking. If saying that I'm doing a PhD and I'm under a PSW is going to cause me problems I would rather sort out my visa and then do the business. Lying to IO is not the thing that I'll do. But as you said, having a valid visa should be OK but if asked (which is always the case) could cause problems. So its better not to leave before switching into Tier-4!