ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting HCI London for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmitP
Newly Registered

Visiting HCI London for OCI

Post by AmitP » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 am

I would like to share my experience. I went yesterday and arrived at 7:30am. Queue was not bad and I was number 40 (token number 439) in the quere.

There are two queues - the one on the left (if facing HCI entrance) is for PIO and passport services. The one on the right is for OCI applications.

A man did come out at 7:30 and then at 8 to check that people were in the right quere.

The left queue was called in first (but it makes no difference to OCI applicants as our token numbers are difference.) So need to panic about that.

They want to see your application at the door - so make sure you have that ready when you go in.

The staff opened the counters at 9:25 and made an announcement about OCI application requirements (i.e. that you should have cash or postal order, etc).

You can only submit applications for your immediate family - husband/ wife and children. Not parents or other relatives.

The staff were good when I got to the window. I was told that my birth certificate wasnt certified by the right authority in India, but the person was not rude or unhelpful.

I was out by 10:30am. It wasnt very painful, but unlike me, people should make sure they have all the correct documents - they will not make exceptions.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: Visiting HCI London for OCI

Post by sonub4ualt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm

AmitP wrote:I would like to share my experience. I went yesterday and arrived at 7:30am. Queue was not bad and I was number 40 (token number 439) in the quere.

There are two queues - the one on the left (if facing HCI entrance) is for PIO and passport services. The one on the right is for OCI applications.

A man did come out at 7:30 and then at 8 to check that people were in the right quere.

The left queue was called in first (but it makes no difference to OCI applicants as our token numbers are difference.) So need to panic about that.

They want to see your application at the door - so make sure you have that ready when you go in.

The staff opened the counters at 9:25 and made an announcement about OCI application requirements (i.e. that you should have cash or postal order, etc).

You can only submit applications for your immediate family - husband/ wife and children. Not parents or other relatives.

The staff were good when I got to the window. I was told that my birth certificate wasnt certified by the right authority in India, but the person was not rude or unhelpful.

I was out by 10:30am. It wasnt very painful, but unlike me, people should make sure they have all the correct documents - they will not make exceptions.
Hi Amit,

What's the collection/delivery date they have quoted you???

thanks
sonu

AmitP
Newly Registered

Post by AmitP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:09 pm

They didnt quote a time. From what I have heard it normally takes 5-6 weeks.

artfreak9

OCI application Submission

Post by artfreak9 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Do you need to submit your UK passport for 5-6 weeks when you apply for OCI?..I intend to submit my OCI application this week but need to travel to Dublin, Ireland for a work meeting in the first week of November..

regards,
Rohan...

NO1UKlover
Newly Registered

Re: OCI application Submission

Post by NO1UKlover » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:15 pm

artfreak9 wrote:Do you need to submit your UK passport for 5-6 weeks when you apply for OCI?..I intend to submit my OCI application this week but need to travel to Dublin, Ireland for a work meeting in the first week of November..

regards,
Rohan...
You don't need to submit British passport with OCI application.

artfreak9

Re: OCI application Submission

Post by artfreak9 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:38 pm

NO1UKlover wrote:
artfreak9 wrote:Do you need to submit your UK passport for 5-6 weeks when you apply for OCI?..I intend to submit my OCI application this week but need to travel to Dublin, Ireland for a work meeting in the first week of November..

regards,
Rohan...
You don't need to submit British passport with OCI application.
Thanks for that! I am going tomorrow to submit my application.. Hope the get there early to queue.. hope it wont take too long.