ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS and DX tracking reference number...what a mess

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

NCS and DX tracking reference number...what a mess

Post by rnr79 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm

I just applied throguh NCS on satruday, and the lady said that as it was saturday she could not give a ref number for tracking and asked me to call back on monday, so i did today. I called and got a reference number, when i used to check the reference number to track on dx website, it gave error so i called back again the other lady gave me another number so i checked with her is this correct number for my parcel she said all the applications are sent to HO in one big parcel, this number also doesnt work on DX web site.

What a mess, if everything is sent in one big parcel, and they cant give correct reference number for tracking...its seems bit dodgy to me to be honest and just thinkning did i make a big mistake using NCS ?

I wonder becuase of all spending cuts, they might be sending applications by second class royal mail post :wink:

Did any one have this kind of experience?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Perhaps it depends a bit on the NCS you use. I would think they do save money as they send all the applications in a big packet, hence yours was sent on Monday. They should get sent my special delivery but its for you to ask NCS as to what they did!
Regarding the number its easy to get it wrong when you take it down on the phone!! Just my thoughts.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:49 pm

gidoc wrote:Perhaps it depends a bit on the NCS you use. I would think they do save money as they send all the applications in a big packet, hence yours was sent on Monday. They should get sent my special delivery but its for you to ask NCS as to what they did!
Regarding the number its easy to get it wrong when you take it down on the phone!! Just my thoughts.
Hi gidoc,

yes i agree they may save some money by sending all together, i dont mind that at least if they can give ref number right. Well I called 3 times and got 3 different numbers, I dont think i heard that wrong 3 times when first time number given was 9 digits, next time 12 digits and third time 9 digits again.
and even 3rd time the guy said may just wait for couple of weeks and you will receive letter from HO. what does this mean?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:26 pm

gidoc wrote:Perhaps it depends a bit on the NCS you use. I would think they do save money as they send all the applications in a big packet, hence yours was sent on Monday. They should get sent my special delivery but its for you to ask NCS as to what they did!
hi if we post ourself by recorded delivery is that still valid or do we have to use NCS service for applying BC

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am

Nazia88 wrote:
hi if we post ourself by recorded delivery is that still valid or do we have to use NCS service for applying BC
You don't have to use NCS to apply for BC, it is entirely up to you. However if you want to send your application by post use a special delivery rather than recorded.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:45 am

Hello Guys,

Just another update, I have called NCS today and got totally new reference number for tracking and surprisingly which works and shows me the status of 'Out for Delivery'.

Nazia, this is just my expereince of NCS and may be one off so please dont change your decision based on my expereince

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 pm

another update, I have called NCS today and got totally new reference number for tracking and surprisingly which works and shows me the status of 'Out for Delivery'.
Great, perhaps this person knew what was being asked. You should see a signature in 24 hrs to confirm receipt.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm

the guy said may just wait for couple of weeks and you will receive letter from HO. what does this mean?
HO will send you an ackn letter after they take money from your card, approx 2 wks after your application.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Camellia wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
You don't have to use NCS to apply for BC, it is entirely up to you. However if you want to send your application by post use a special delivery rather than recorded.
hi thnx for reply wht is differnce betwen special delivery or reroded delivery and how we will come to know that application reached at homeoffice
regards
nazia x

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:23 pm

gidoc wrote:
the guy said may just wait for couple of weeks and you will receive letter from HO. what does this mean?
HO will send you an ackn letter after they take money from your card, approx 2 wks after your application.
hi gidoc i know that, i meant is this answer for council not giving correct reference, i meant this shows carelessness

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: NCS and DX tracking reference number...what a mess

Post by jms_uk » Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

rnr79 wrote:I just applied throguh NCS
which one?

jack902

How to Check the Secure DX tracking number

Post by jack902 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:03 pm

When checking the tracking at www.thedx.co.uk - leave out the "DX" as well as the first 3 numbers of the provided tracking number.

Therefore - only insert the last 9 digits of the tracking number you were given at the NCS appointment.