ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finger Printing for British Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rolex1234
Newly Registered

Finger Printing for British Passport Application

Post by rolex1234 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:58 am

Could anyone advice if they do finger print, when they went to Passport office after Naturalization. I have recently applied for Naturalization and a friend informs me that I will do finger print when I go for interview for British Passport Application. Is this true?

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:02 am

No fingerprint required - just your signature on an electronic device that is compared with the one on your application.

rolex1234
Newly Registered

Points on Licence

Post by rolex1234 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi, I recently applied for Naturalisation, but forgot to declare motor vehicle offence received on 2/06/2008. The reason for not declaring it was that, it happened 5 years ago, and I have since paid the £70 fine, I was ordered to pay by the court in 2008. I was reading online, about how they categorize good character, I thought Criminal offences were only supposed to be declared if someone was sentenced and besides I only received 3 penalty points for the offence, so its a very minor offence. Can anyone advice if the 3 year rule for non custodial offences is true, because, the offence was 5 years ago, and I pray they don't use this against me, as the application fee is expensive.
Please your kind advice is needed.
Thank you

Just an update 11.10.13. Application has been successful, so I am awaiting invitation letter. Thanks for all your advice.
Last edited by rolex1234 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:58 am

rolex1234 wrote:Hi, I recently applied for Naturalisation, but forgot to declare motor vehicle offence received on 2/06/2008. The reason for not declaring it was that, it happened 5 years ago, and I have since paid the £70 fine, I was ordered to pay by the court in 2008. I was reading online, about how they categorize good character, I thought Criminal offences were only supposed to be declared if someone was sentenced and besides I only received 3 penalty points for the offence, so its a very minor offence. Can anyone advice if the 3 year rule for non custodial offences is true, because, the offence was 5 years ago, and I pray they don't use this against me, as the application fee is expensive.
Thank you
VR wrote:rolex1234,

When did you apply for Naturalization? If this is your only offence, let it go. I am sure you will be fine. I presume you will have a clean driving licence.

Just for the sake of peace call up the dvla on the 03 number and give yur driver details and they should tell you over the phone. Also be extremely cautious not to rack up any further offences.

These chaps are upgrading the cameras everywhere to catch more motorists as per news reports.

Good Luck
cheers
vr
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am

rolex1234 wrote:Hi, I recently applied for Naturalisation, but forgot to declare motor vehicle offence received on 2/06/2008. The reason for not declaring it was that, it happened 5 years ago, and I have since paid the £70 fine, I was ordered to pay by the court in 2008. I was reading online, about how they categorize good character, I thought Criminal offences were only supposed to be declared if someone was sentenced and besides I only received 3 penalty points for the offence, so its a very minor offence. Can anyone advice if the 3 year rule for non custodial offences is true, because, the offence was 5 years ago, and I pray they don't use this against me, as the application fee is expensive.
Thank you
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am

You were sentenced if you pleaded guilty at Court, you have a conviction which should have been declared. You should consider writing a letter to UKBA Liverpool and declaring the conviction before your application is considered.