ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Interview (took 30 mins) – A walk in the park

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

NCS Interview (took 30 mins) – A walk in the park

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

First and foremost, thanks be unto the Living God and our Lord Jesus Christ who has helped me thus far on all my journeys in life including immigration. This forum has been priceless for free guidance and I appreciate everyone who contributed positively to help me and many others. After 5yrs Wpermit, then ILR here’s my experience at NCS to hopefully help someone else.

Appointment Time 10:15
Called in to interview room at 10:10am, seems interviewer was already set to go……The Interviewer (council staff) was very pleasant and professional lady.

She asked for the form and then all the relevant documentation as she went through the form thoroughly. First my own then my wife. She commented on how excellent we had everything sorted and ready. That excellence is partly due to you lot on the forum who contribute priceless information day in and day out. My wife and I had also previously done a practice form first then filled in the final one. My backup envelope was irrelevant this time around. It had p60, ILR letter, deed, council tax, extra form, extra payment form etc. However, below is the list of what she asked for (all from my primary envelope):

2 Completed (new) Forms - 2 Referees filled in, 2 photographs attached labelled at the back with name and DOB. (Paper glued to the form). She also commented saying “good that you are using the new forms”.

BRP card or stamp in passport showing ILR – I had BRP card – (Note no ILR letter or the likes asked for although I had it in my backup envelope)

4 Passports (old and current)

2 LIUK Test (Please note – Whatever document you presented at this test must be used again i.e. License then License) – My wife and I carried both our counterparts and Licenses.

Driving Licences and Counterpart– As mentioned above, also I had 6points back in 2007, however I have been squeaky clean since then, so I highlighted this on the OTHER section on the form (page 15). NCS lady indicated that it was ok as 3yrs had passed as per usual guidance notes.

Marriage Certificate – Wife also changing her name to married name so this was good enough.

1 Payment form - Both my wife and my name as joint application. My payment details only.

Other things I noted and questions I asked out of curiosity

She copied all pages in passport, as well as copies of all documents above. She further stated that as there will be thorough background checks done by HO which will include references, character, police/ criminal records, HMRC etc. She commented that our application was nicely arranged and she saw no issues whatsoever as long as the other thorough checks are ok. I asked about my previous court fines in 2007 for speeding (SP30) and traffic light breach (TS10) she clearly stated not an issue, as three years has passed. YEAH! For 100% clarity and for no case worker errors I added a few lines in the other section of the form stating that I have no driving offences for the last 6yrs and please see attached counterpart as evidence.

Now that all was well with the submission. I had to ask about the HO confusion between PCN / FPN. She said as far as she understands PCNs were seen as FPNs. WHAT! Now I understand why some on the forum have been turned away for having 2 PCNs in the final 12mths by NCS staff……this is the source of much confusion as some NCS says No and some say Yes. The debate will rage on until HO is 100% clear in their guidance- No further comment from me on this. I had none so it didn’t really matter.

Lastly, she presented us with a form which you have to tick yes or no about and then both sign. Most of the 11 questions are straight forward i.e. Are you of sound mind? However, the one that I noticed is this “In the last 12mths have you had more than one fixed penalty notice? Yes or No
So it seems clear two FPNs in the final year and you may have to face another 12mth battle. DRIVE CAREFULLY! It’s not actually my champagne moment just yet (as possibly another 3-6mths of waiting), but another milestone cleared on the way to conquering Everest aka BC. All the best to all applicants.

Update: Happy Days 19/11/13
Thank God ! Our joint application has been approved after 5weeks with UKBA. Yeah! My champagne moment is within touching distance
:lol:

Thank God - HO stronghold is broken forever !:D
Ceremony completed, certificate in hand - It's now done and dusted - I have BC! :lol:
All the best to those on there way up to conquer Everest (BC).
Last edited by Heisgood on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:50 pm

unlike a PEO interview for ILR, NCS are simply document forwarding agency for UKBA. NCS do not make the decision. It is like VFS. But congratulations anyway.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 pm

since you meeting / chat with ncs a walk in the park, did they check if you tick page 17????????????????

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:unlike a PEO interview for ILR, NCS are simply document forwarding agency for UKBA. NCS do not make the decision. It is like VFS. But congratulations anyway.
Thanks wpilr_nov12. You are correct, however some of them have been show stoppers for people if you don't have all the requirements particularly the thorny issue of good character with regards to fpn and pcn- Anyway It's been a while since I heard from you.I know your turn is right around the corner as well if I recall from last yr ILR victory.....All the very best mate!
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 pm

desertlord wrote:since you meeting / chat with ncs a walk in the park, did they check if you tick page 17????????????????
Forget it. It's not needed. I use it as a guide to ensure I had everything. They will give you something to sign at the end with 11 or so questions and tick box answers (YES/NO) as explained above.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:33 pm

that yes/no is nothing to do with your application. It is a checklist to protect the ncs if you complain about their services especially they charge money.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Good luck with your application :)

Few questions if you can please clarify:

Why did you take 2 passports current and old? Is it because your entry visa was in old passport? I have an old passport back from 8 years ago and have nothing to do with coming to UK. So wondering if I need to take that as well.

The photo guidance asks to glue it and again ask to write name and date of birth on the back. If it is glued in then how on earth they ask for writing on back of it?? Old form said to staple and this new form says to glue. Confused :o

Last but not the least, for the number 1 question on the form, for ukba reference did you leave it empty? or wrote ilr case number?

Thanks mate..

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 pm

desertlord wrote:that yes/no is nothing to do with your application. It is a checklist to protect the ncs if you complain about their services especially they charge money.
Do they send this checklist off to the Home Office as well as the Form AN ?

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Nope. They are just forwarding service. Sometimes they don't even read your application and carefully check it. They were also confused whether to use new or old form. That checklist is for them to check certain parts especially obvious ones and be on safe side and not send any application they may think it has obvious refusal reasons. The most important part of their role js they return your original documents....

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:47 pm

desertlord wrote:Nope. They are just forwarding service. Sometimes they don't even read your application and carefully check it. They were also confused whether to use new or old form. That checklist is for them to check certain parts especially obvious ones and be on safe side and not send any application they may think it has obvious refusal reasons. The most important part of their role js they return your original documents....
Makes sense. That is part of their function, to make sure that the application is complete and as you say has no obvious refusal reason.

The Home Office will be inundated this month before the 28th October deadline. It will be interesting to see how long October's applications take.

mingon
Newly Registered

Post by mingon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:16 am

Heisgood, could you please share the list of all the documents that you had prepared ? Here or on the other thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=148476 , that'd be much appreciated.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:07 pm

nionlight wrote:Good luck with your application :)

Few questions if you can please clarify:

Why did you take 2 passports current and old? Is it because your entry visa was in old passport? I have an old passport back from 8 years ago and have nothing to do with coming to UK. So wondering if I need to take that as well.
Because wpermit stamped in old passport which expired. I also needed to show 5yrs residence. In your case not needed.
The photo guidance asks to glue it and again ask to write name and date of birth on the back. If it is glued in then how on earth they ask for writing on back of it?? Old form said to staple and this new form says to glue. Confused :o
Simple. Sign it with name and date of birth first, stick with paper glue and then get you referees to sign the form.
Last but not the least, for the number 1 question on the form, for ukba reference did you leave it empty? or wrote ilr case number?
Blank. Unless you have an ongoing case with HO.
Thanks mate..

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:13 pm

desertlord wrote:Nope. They are just forwarding service. Sometimes they don't even read your application and carefully check it. They were also confused whether to use new or old form. That checklist is for them to check certain parts especially obvious ones and be on safe side and not send any application they may think it has obvious refusal reasons. The most important part of their role js they return your original documents....
I don't agree. The questionaire form I signed had the HO logo address etc . I got a copy as well as NCS indicated this will be forwarded with the application. Not that it matter anyway but that's my experience.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:20 pm

mingon wrote:Heisgood, could you please share the list of all the documents that you had prepared ? Here or on the other thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=148476 , that'd be much appreciated.
They are listed above. It's not like ILR to be honest, so keep it nice and simple. Also it's not a one size fit all. For example you do not need counter part license if you have no convictions or points on your licenses.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Heisgood wrote:
I don't agree. The questionaire form I signed had the HO logo address etc . I got a copy as well as NCS indicated this will be forwarded with the application. Not that it matter anyway but that's my experience.
I got given a copy, but it wasn't clear if the original - or another copy - went to the Home Office as well.