ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Derivaz wrote: I got the approval letter today; you were almost right; just one more day and you'd have been right lol

It was dated the 25th of September and they told me on the 30th that no decision had been made WTF lol
Congratulations....celebrations....Derivaz..

I was out since yesterday evening, just came back and checked the forum.
You must be partying now...

msjuv
Newly Registered

Post by msjuv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Wooow! Finally! Congrats Derivaz, great news! I can leave the forum now lol. Thank you everyone, on this forum this is a great help with immigration issues. All the best

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:36 am

njoy1987 wrote:Congratulations Derivaz worth the wait buddy well done
Ha ha, yeah, the funny thing is that it was approved 3 weeks go, but I only got the letter on Friday

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 am

neoseal wrote:
Derivaz wrote: I got the approval letter today; you were almost right; just one more day and you'd have been right lol

It was dated the 25th of September and they told me on the 30th that no decision had been made WTF lol
Congratulations....celebrations....Derivaz..

I was out since yesterday evening, just came back and checked the forum.
You must be partying now...
Ha ha, I sure was, but to be frank I do it most Saturdays lol

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:51 am

msjuv wrote:Wooow! Finally! Congrats Derivaz, great news! I can leave the forum now lol. Thank you everyone, on this forum this is a great help with immigration issues. All the best
Cheers; it seems like it was approved 3 weeks ago, but I only got the card on Friday

Great forum for BC doubts/questions

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 am

Is it all for July applicants or is anyone left?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:13 am

neoseal wrote:Is it all for July applicants or is anyone left?
that's probably it; except those that didn't post it.

Ririreallydidit
Newly Registered

Post by Ririreallydidit » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 pm

I am still waiting.. :(

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Ririreallydidit wrote:
was it a straight forward one?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Derivaz, have you booked your ceremony?

Ririreallydidit
Newly Registered

Post by Ririreallydidit » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Derivaz wrote:
Ririreallydidit wrote:
In terms of me meeting all the criteria yeah.. The only issues I thought would come up are with regards to my passport. My ILR is on a separate A4 document because at the tome I didn't have a valid passport. I came to this country on my mum's passport as a minor. I do have a passport now though

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:56 pm

neoseal wrote:Derivaz, have you booked your ceremony?
Yes, I sure have; I hope the certificate doesn't get lost or something lol

I rang the other day and booked it, they took my details, but didn't double check, I'll ring them again next week to double check my details, just to make sure everything is correct and if everything goes well; the process should end on the 22nd, you?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Ririreallydidit wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Ririreallydidit wrote:
In terms of me meeting all the criteria yeah.. The only issues I thought would come up are with regards to my passport. My ILR is on a separate A4 document because at the tome I didn't have a valid passport. I came to this country on my mum's passport as a minor. I do have a passport now though
alright, I'm not familiar with ILR, but if there are special circumstances, that's probably what it slowing the process down...

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:08 am

mine is on 14th, when I called to book, they didn't check or ask any questions, just took my name and said ok ceremony is booked and sent me an email invitation. I think they have the certificates already and no need to confirm anything as they will be checking our id at ceremony.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32 am

neoseal wrote:mine is on 14th, when I called to book, they didn't check or ask any questions, just took my name and said ok ceremony is booked and sent me an email invitation. I think they have the certificates already and no need to confirm anything as they will be checking our id at ceremony.
they didn't take my email and said they'd send me a letter, but said not to panick if I don't get it.

they told me it was a bit soon to have my certificate, so i suppose they contact the HO, after making your appointment, to send them and it takes 2 days; do you know if this is right?

They told me that I dont need any ID, just the invitation letter from the HO.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 am

Derivaz wrote: they told me it was a bit soon to have my certificate, so i suppose they contact the HO, after making your appointment, to send them and it takes 2 days; do you know if this is right?
The certificate is sent out using special delivery at the same time as the approval letter. Council gets the certificate before you get the approval letter. However, it must make it's way internally to the NCS.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 am

I think council receives the certificate same time as approval letter or earlier. That is the reason they don't confirm any details and just see on the system that they have certificate and book the ceremony.

If you don't receive the letter, take an identity and attend the ceremony. It seems they are not keen on letters.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:13 pm

rod_p wrote:
Derivaz wrote: they told me it was a bit soon to have my certificate, so i suppose they contact the HO, after making your appointment, to send them and it takes 2 days; do you know if this is right?
The certificate is sent out using special delivery at the same time as the approval letter. Council gets the certificate before you get the approval letter. However, it must make it's way internally to the NCS.
Well, I got the approval letter, but the council doesn't have the certificate yet or so they said; she told me it was a bit early for that.

My pal who attended this BC ceremony 4 weeks ago said that they told him the same thing, i hope the certificate didn't get lost....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 pm

neoseal wrote:I think council receives the certificate same time as approval letter or earlier. That is the reason they don't confirm any details and just see on the system that they have certificate and book the ceremony.

If you don't receive the letter, take an identity and attend the ceremony. It seems they are not keen on letters.
But I specifically asked the woman on the phone and she told me they don't have it yet, that it's too soon for that.

she took my poll / cover number and my HO ref # and booked the appointment.

I'll take my ID with me anyway yeah; although, she told me it wasn't necessary, just the HO letter...

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:50 pm

I still think either have the certificate on the system and will only print on the day of ceremony or HO sends them certificate in advance, because we can collect certificates for children as they don't need to attend the ceremony.

Or it may be other way round, they ask HO to send the certificate based on the date of ceremony.

I wouldn't strain my brain on this issue, the only thing is they must not say on the day of ceremony that they don't have the certificate citing printing problems... :wink:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:20 pm

neoseal wrote:I still think either have the certificate on the system and will only print on the day of ceremony or HO sends them certificate in advance, because we can collect certificates for children as they don't need to attend the ceremony.

Or it may be other way round, they ask HO to send the certificate based on the date of ceremony.

I wouldn't strain my brain on this issue, the only thing is they must not say on the day of ceremony that they don't have the certificate citing printing problems... :wink:
The HO must just print it off the system, but I don't think the Councils have access to the HO's systems; so I guess that the HO send it to the Council, by Special Delivery, but not sure when; well, I haven't ruled out that possibility of turning up on the day of the ceremony and they tell me, sorry pal, we haven't got your certificate yet.

I'll call them again next week to double check my details and will ask them again if they have my certificate; you can't be too careful with them ;)

Ririreallydidit
Newly Registered

Post by Ririreallydidit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Derivaz wrote:
Ririreallydidit wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Ririreallydidit wrote:
alright, I'm not familiar with ILR, but if there are special circumstances, that's probably what it slowing the process down...
Approval came today...dated 6th of October. It'll be interesting to see if I get a response to the email I sent yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:19 pm

congrats Ririreallydidit, it will be interesting to see their reply, it will be proof that if they really check the status before replying.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Eligibility criteria: 3 years WP + 2 years T1 + 2 year ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of Application: 19/07/2013
Received by UKBA: not sure
Date of acknowledgement: Dated 25/07/2013
Date of debit of fees: 26/07/2013
Date of approval: Received 03/10/2013, Dated 25/09/2013
Date of Citizenship Ceremony: Awaiting

On a side note, I sent an email on 02/10/2013 for application status update, was told no decision has yet been made. However, approval letter received next day and dated 25/09. :shock:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:04 pm

overcee wrote:Eligibility criteria: 3 years WP + 2 years T1 + 2 year ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of Application: 19/07/2013
Received by UKBA: not sure
Date of acknowledgement: Dated 25/07/2013
Date of debit of fees: 26/07/2013
Date of approval: Received 03/10/2013, Dated 25/09/2013
Date of Citizenship Ceremony: Awaiting

On a side note, I sent an email on 02/10/2013 for application status update, was told no decision has yet been made. However, approval letter received next day and dated 25/09. :shock:
It was the same for me,

Neoseal,

I don't think they check the status, because a lot of people experience the same...