ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zubimcs
Newly Registered

Post by zubimcs » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

@Soban
You have earned enough. Now it's a time to go home...lolllz :lol

Soban

Post by Soban » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:45 pm

zubimcs wrote:@Subhan
You have earned enough. Now it's a time to go home...lolllz :lol
Thanks for your invaluable input. Anyone else?
--

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence.

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:06 pm

cheeta wrote:By the grace of All Mighty Allah, I have received my ILR approval letter and BRP today. I thank all those who helped me with their valued advises. My timeline is as follow:

First application Tier 4 student. 23rd January 2013
varied application to ILR. 18th March 2013
Bio done 5th April 2013
Approval letter received. 8th October 2013
BRP received. 8 October 2013

But I did not received the current valid passport and other documents which were submitted along with Tier 4 application. Please someone guide me what I need to do to get those documents back as ILR department has returned all my documents.

I pray for all those whose are waiting, its been a very stressful wait for all of us. Allah bless u all.

Hi Congratulation on freedom, Please just need your prayers guys waiting from OCT 2012, Just hope for best.
Regards

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Soban wrote:Hi everyone,

I need some urgent advice. I am on the brink of losing my job because the HO has told my employer I don't have the right to work.

I have been in the uk for 10 years. The previous visa I held was a PSW which was valid till the end of June. Before te expiration of it, I applied for further leave to remain using the FLR O form (04/2013 version). As I had a shortfall of 10 weeks till the completion of my 10 years, the idea was to submit a FLR O application and then vary it 28 days before the completion of 10 years.

Unfortunately, my FLR application was deemed invalid by the HO on 31st of July. As they didn't submit the letter of invalidity to me till mid September, I varied what I thought was a pending application on the 7th of August by submitting set LR application.

The reason for classifying my FLR applicTion as invalid was that the HO claims I didn't use the correct version of the form. This shouldn't be the case as I did infact use the latest version of the form.

My employer queried my work status with the HO, who have responded by saying that even though I have an applicTion outstanding I can't work as this application was made after the expiration of my previous visa. This shouldn't have been the case as my previous app shouldn't have been classed as invalid. But it was and as I submitted my ILR app 7 days after the letter of invalidity, they are treating the ILR app as out of time.

I don't know what I can do to save my job. My contract will be terminated next week if I don't get this sorted. What are my options? Can anyone help

Thanks
You case seems to be a little complex, as it has to do with timescale i think you should discuss this with reputed solicitor with all of your evidences handy so that solicitor can escalate this issue to HO with solid grounds.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Introduction of Potential New Rules

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Guys,

A new immigration bill is introduced in parliament which has to do with an article 8 of EU, once approved by parliament it will be implemented in early 2014. Does it have any implication on 10 years long residency in the UK?

Please see the link below for further detail

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ation-bill

Cheers

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 pm

I need some urgent advice. I am on the brink of losing my job because the HO has told my employer I don't have the right to work.

I have been in the uk for 10 years. The previous visa I held was a PSW which was valid till the end of June. Before te expiration of it, I applied for further leave to remain using the FLR O form (04/2013 version). As I had a shortfall of 10 weeks till the completion of my 10 years, the idea was to submit a FLR O application and then vary it 28 days before the completion of 10 years.

Unfortunately, my FLR application was deemed invalid by the HO on 31st of July. As they didn't submit the letter of invalidity to me till mid September, I varied what I thought was a pending application on the 7th of August by submitting set LR application.

The reason for classifying my FLR applicTion as invalid was that the HO claims I didn't use the correct version of the form. This shouldn't be the case as I did infact use the latest version of the form.

My employer queried my work status with the HO, who have responded by saying that even though I have an applicTion outstanding I can't work as this application was made after the expiration of my previous visa. This shouldn't have been the case as my previous app shouldn't have been classed as invalid. But it was and as I submitted my ILR app 7 days after the letter of invalidity, they are treating the ILR app as out of time.

I don't know what I can do to save my job. My contract will be terminated next week if I don't get this sorted. What are my options? Can anyone help

Thanks
As you may already aware UKBA will deal with your Long residence application with their own timely manner and there is nothing much we can do about it apart from involving local MP.

As far as employment you probably have to live little bit tight till your ILR sorted, nevertheless be optimistic, as it could be worse, hopefully you will see the light at the end of tunnel soon.
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Introduction of Potential New Rules

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Guys,

A new immigration bill is introduced in parliament which has to do with an article 8 of EU, once approved by parliament it will be implemented in early 2014. Does it have any implication on 10 years long residency in the UK?

Please see the link below for further detail

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ation-bill

Cheers
It clearly says:
It will end the abuse of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights – the right to respect for private and family life. It will prevent illegal migrants accessing and abusing public services and the labour market.

I suppose they will make it harder for criminals to obtain unnecessary appeals and implement swift deportation. Their focus is on illegal migrants who don't fall under 10 year category.
N/A

abrahman2
Newly Registered

Need advice

Post by abrahman2 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:29 am

Hi there,
I am on tier 4 general student visa (valid till Jan 2016) doing my PhD. On 4th of October I applied for ILR under 10 years rule (came here 4th Oct 2003) and got my acknowledgement letter on 9th October. I have not enrolled for my course this year (2nd year PhD) as I am planning to differ it for the time being. However my university is saying if I do not pay the tuition fees and enroll by 15th October they will withdraw their sponsorship and ask home office to cancel my student visa (I just do not have the £8000 needed to complete the enrollment). Could anyone please advise if this will affect the ILR application, I made?

I do not have any other issues as I never over stayed my visa or stayed no more than 70 days in one go, no criminal conviction, did my graduation and masters from reputed university.

I would highly appreciate your thought.
Thanks
Abrahman

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:49 am

amjadleeds wrote:
cheeta wrote:By the grace of All Mighty Allah, I have received my ILR approval letter and BRP today. I thank all those who helped me with their valued advises. My timeline is as follow:

Bio done 5th April 2013

But I did not received the current valid passport and other documents which were submitted along with Tier 4 application. Please someone guide me what I need to do to get those documents back as ILR department has returned all my documents.

I pray for all those whose are waiting, its been a very stressful wait for all of us. Allah bless u all.

Hi Congratulation on freedom, Please just need your prayers guys waiting from OCT 2012, Just hope for best.
Regards
congratulation on attaining the Impossible ...and pray for the rest ...hopefully you will receive them with in next couple of days but if not then you have to report them as lost or stolen and get the new one .thanks

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:50 am

rajiv.80 wrote:Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty Allah I received my ILR today. Very thankful to everyone of this page. My timeline is : Application submitted: 02/05/2013. Acknowledgement letter received: 07/05/2013. Biometric enrolled: 20/05/2013. Approval letter and documents received: 08/10/2013. BRP: on the way by DX. Total waiting time 23 weeks. 5 monts 6 days. My prayers and best wishes foll all the friends who are waiting for their ILR. Pls be patient it will come definetely ing sha Allah.....
congratulation.....

safqe
Newly Registered

ILR received

Post by safqe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:11 am

Glory to God!! I received letter this morning informing of approval of indefinite leave to remain applications for myself and my family including passports. Waited over 8 months. What a relief!!

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 am

Hi every body,
My friend applied for his ILR 10 years long residence yesterday, here is his story.
Came to UK on student visa on 04/10/2003 last visa was PSW expiring on 12/2012 applied for Entrepreneur visa on Nov.2012 got refused and received refusal letter on 15/04/2013 and appealed that decision after 3 months wait got hearing date 18/10/2013 after completing his 10 years he withdrew his appeal from court on 06/10/2013 and received withdrawal confirmation letter yesterday and posted his 10 years ILR application yesterday please pray for his success, May God bless him,

Application sent on 11/10/2013
Acknowledgement letter TBC
Biomatric invitation TBC
Biomatric don on TBC
Pssports&pappers received TBC
Biomatiric card received TBC
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: tax related issued

Post by asjid73 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:27 am

sherkhanawan wrote:Hi every one and the seniors
I have applied for ILR on 10 year basis in 2nd september have done my biometircs but my issue is i didnt submit my tax returns in time but i have them now in july but i have been fined for sending late returns for last 2 years and they fined me 1800 for not submitting in time
can you guys advice me what shall i do now regarding the fine i have already submited the tax returns
plz will this affect my application???
Hi mate this tax fine is not going to effect your ILR application now you paid your income tax for last 2 years every thing is fine
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks
Hi soban have you don any thing about your invalid application i mean did you ask HO to reconsider your FLR O application as the mistake was on there side i think that is the only way you can carry on working if HO admit there mistake, ask your solicitor to write them what they don and current situation that you going to lose your job means its going to be loss of earning for you because its HO mistake to invalid you valid application they may be liable for all the expanse and loss.
Other way can be just keep quite and lose your job i think your ILR application will be fine because they invalid your FLR O application after you were in 28 days though they send letter which is dated 31st of july but its important when you received it HO posting department some time take 2 weeks before they send letters out.Check receiving date on royal mail tracking system then every thing will be clear.
Ask your solicitor to write them that the meter can go in court if they not take any action.
ASJID

Soban

Post by Soban » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:23 pm

[/quote]Hi soban have you don any thing about your invalid application i mean did you ask HO to reconsider your FLR O application as the mistake was on there side i think that is the only way you can carry on working if HO admit there mistake, ask your solicitor to write them what they don and current situation that you going to lose your job means its going to be loss of earning for you because its HO mistake to invalid you valid application they may be liable for all the expanse and loss.
Other way can be just keep quite and lose your job i think your ILR application will be fine because they invalid your FLR O application after you were in 28 days though they send letter which is dated 31st of july but its important when you received it HO posting department some time take 2 weeks before they send letters out.Check receiving date on royal mail tracking system then every thing will be clear.
Ask your solicitor to write them that the meter can go in court if they not take any action.
ASJID[/quote]

Hi Asjid thanks for your reply. My solicitor has written to them twice requesting clarification on the matter. He hasn't requested the FLR O application to be re considered as my ILR app is outstanding. Is it worth me calling them? My solicitor tends to think it wouldn't achieve anything
--

ppycrmt

Re: Need advice

Post by ppycrmt » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:56 pm

I never knew you have to pay for to do a PHD? Surely the university pays you to do a PHD?

It will affect your application somewhat as the university has the right to take your visa away. However, if you have applied before your university withdrew your sponsorship, it "should" be ok. You will need to consult with senior members on this forum.
abrahman2 wrote:Hi there,
I am on tier 4 general student visa (valid till Jan 2016) doing my PhD. On 4th of October I applied for ILR under 10 years rule (came here 4th Oct 2003) and got my acknowledgement letter on 9th October. I have not enrolled for my course this year (2nd year PhD) as I am planning to differ it for the time being. However my university is saying if I do not pay the tuition fees and enroll by 15th October they will withdraw their sponsorship and ask home office to cancel my student visa (I just do not have the £8000 needed to complete the enrollment). Could anyone please advise if this will affect the ILR application, I made?

I do not have any other issues as I never over stayed my visa or stayed no more than 70 days in one go, no criminal conviction, did my graduation and masters from reputed university.

Thanks
Abrahman

abrahman2
Newly Registered

Post by abrahman2 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, yes if it is not sponsored by a company or university you do have to pay for your tuition fees just like any other international student. Mostly technical and science related Phd topics get some kind of fees waiver and that too is rare.

Regarding my application, I have already sent my application on 4th and got the acknowledgement letter on 9th of this month. My university has given me till 15th of this month to enroll otherwise they will withdraw their sponsorship hence cancelling my visa. And that is what is my concern... while my ILR application is being considered if my current visa is withdrawn then what will be my immigration status? I am new to this forum therefore do not know who are the senior members...!! I would appreciate if anyone could help.

thank you

ppycrmt wrote:I never knew you have to pay for to do a PHD? Surely the university pays you to do a PHD?

It will affect your application somewhat as the university has the right to take your visa away. However, if you have applied before your university withdrew your sponsorship, it "should" be ok. You will need to consult with senior members on this forum.

Thanks
Abrahman

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am

Right, Ok, it's just I have about 6-8 friends who are doing a paid PHD right now..

Anyway, try and contact Damanisshallo, he is a senior member on the forum. The university can withdrew your visa, but given that you have applied before the withdrawal, I think it should be ok. But ultimately, speak to a senior members on the forum, they are the ones who have posted dozens and dozens of post.

Meanwhile, if you really want to do the PHD, convince your university you will have the fees and convince them not to withdraw your sponsorship. But 15th October is only 2 days away, so I will have to act quick.
abrahman2 wrote:Thank you very much for your reply, yes if it is not sponsored by a company or university you do have to pay for your tuition fees just like any other international student. Mostly technical and science related Phd topics get some kind of fees waiver and that too is rare.

Regarding my application, I have already sent my application on 4th and got the acknowledgement letter on 9th of this month. My university has given me till 15th of this month to enroll otherwise they will withdraw their sponsorship hence cancelling my visa. And that is what is my concern... while my ILR application is being considered if my current visa is withdrawn then what will be my immigration status? I am new to this forum therefore do not know who are the senior members...!! I would appreciate if anyone could help.

thank you

ppycrmt wrote:I never knew you have to pay for to do a PHD? Surely the university pays you to do a PHD?

Thanks
Abrahman

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:39 am

Soban wrote:
Hi soban have you don any thing about your invalid application i mean did you ask HO to reconsider your FLR O application as the mistake was on there side i think that is the only way you can carry on working if HO admit there mistake, ask your solicitor to write them what they don and current situation that you going to lose your job means its going to be loss of earning for you because its HO mistake to invalid you valid application they may be liable for all the expanse and loss.
ASJID[/quote]

Hi Asjid thanks for your reply. My solicitor has written to them twice requesting clarification on the matter. He hasn't requested the FLR O application to be re considered as my ILR app is outstanding. Is it worth me calling them? My solicitor tends to think it wouldn't achieve anything[/quote] Hi soban i think try to call them may be you can get some kind of information to get around this situation you can ask your solicitor to send them court proceeding notice,go to your local MP try to get help from him/her showing them all evidence or try to complaint to HO customer complaint service you have strong case mistake is on other side only thing is you have to fight for your right Insha Allaha you will get postive result
ASJID

anonymous02
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous02 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:51 pm

asjid73 wrote:

Bio done 5th April 2013

congratulation mate you should have received them together i did receive them together may be call HO
ASJID
hello Asjid73 and cheeta,

i have applied for tier 1 (general) visa extension (with 1 dependent)back in feb 2012 and till now waiting for the decision .By the end of next month i will be eligible for Long residence ILR .
My concern is can i apply ILR over my pending application ? if yes
what will be the status of my dependent as she cant b included in my ILR application ?
DO i need to pay whole fees again or they will balance that form previous application?

M much stressed form last 8 months it wud b great if anyone could help me in this situation..

many thanks

khan0786
Newly Registered

Post by khan0786 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks
Abrahman
If the Tier 4 migrant fails to start studying with their sponsor or they stop studying you must
curtail their leave under paragraph 323A(a)(ii) of the rules.
You cannot exercise discretion unless one of the following exceptions specified in paragraph
323A(b)(iv) of the rules applies:
 they are under the age of 18
 they have a dependent child under the age of 18
 you are going to curtail the migrant‟s leave so they will have leave remaining and they
have less than 60 days leave remaining on the day you are making the decision
 they were granted leave to enter or remain with another sponsor or under another
immigration category, or
 they have a pending application for leave to remain, or variation of leave, with the UK
Border Agency, or has a pending appeal under Section 82 of the Nationality,
Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm

anonymous02 wrote:
asjid73 wrote:

Bio done 5th April 2013

congratulation mate you should have received them together i did receive them together may be call HO
ASJID
hello Asjid73 and cheeta,

i have applied for tier 1 (general) visa extension (with 1 dependent)back in feb 2012 and till now waiting for the decision .By the end of next month i will be eligible for Long residence ILR .
My concern is can i apply ILR over my pending application ? if yes
what will be the status of my dependent as she cant b included in my ILR application ?
DO i need to pay whole fees again or they will balance that form previous application?

M much stressed form last 8 months it wud b great if anyone could help me in this situation..

many thanks
Hi Anonymous02
Yes you can apply ILR while you application for Tier 1 General is pending and the process call variation You have to complete new LR application form full fill all requirements for ILR you have to pay full fee though HO says you only have to pay the difference between two applications but there is no procedure given by HO, so pay full fee and at the latter stage ask HO for refund as i did.
For your wife if she was a dependent on you Tier 1 application you can ask HO for variation for her you have to complete FLR M set and all other requirements like English A 1 certificate again you have to pay full fee.
If you need any more information you are more then well come.
ASJID

mjalam143
Newly Registered

Need help urgent

Post by mjalam143 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi I m on appeal bcz my ilr was refused. I appealed on aug 25 and court took money from bank on sep26 but still I couldn't receive any letter from court about my hearing date, is there anyone can help me how do I find out about my hearing date.any suggestion plz and how long it takes about my hearing date

abrahman2
Newly Registered

Post by abrahman2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:09 am

khan0786 wrote:

Thanks
Abrahman
If the Tier 4 migrant fails to start studying with their sponsor or they stop studying you must
curtail their leave under paragraph 323A(a)(ii) of the rules.
You cannot exercise discretion unless one of the following exceptions specified in paragraph
323A(b)(iv) of the rules applies:
 they are under the age of 18
 they have a dependent child under the age of 18
 you are going to curtail the migrant‟s leave so they will have leave remaining and they
have less than 60 days leave remaining on the day you are making the decision
 they were granted leave to enter or remain with another sponsor or under another
immigration category, or
 they have a pending application for leave to remain, or variation of leave, with the UK
Border Agency, or has a pending appeal under Section 82 of the Nationality,
Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.
Thank you very much brother Khan, I guess my situation would fall into the last point of discretion...! If this is so what shall I do now, shall I just wait for the HO to come up with some decision or....?

Regards

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 am

Yesterday Dashera time I got my ILR after 10 years studying in UK.
I would like to thank you all the forum people who help me.

send SETLR on 10 May 2013
Fingerprint;29 May 2013
ILR approved :14 Oct 2013

Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who came UK both on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can somebody please tell me which application form do my wife and son have to fill during apply,their recent visa is my Tier 4 student dependent which expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.Can my wife and son apply before 28 Oct 2013,due to UKBA English change rule.Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son.Thank you in advanced
Bhupal