ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Croydon October 2nd 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Xavi5
Newly Registered

ILR PEO Croydon October 2nd 2013

Post by Xavi5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm

I have been a silent reader of this forum for a month and would like to re-iterate the fact that it's better than using a solicitor . It does really help you prepare for your application specially the experiences shared by other users.
So I would like to share my experience hoping it might help others applying in future.

Initial grant of Tier1 (G) : 23-10-2008
Date of first entry in UK under Tier1 : 23-12-2008 ( 2 months after the grant of visa ) if it is within 90 days need not worry
Extension of Tier1 visa : 19-10-2011
Visa valid till: 23-10-2013
Appointment date : 2nd October 14:10 @ Croydon PEO
Dependent : None ( yes I am one of very few at my age still at large)
Total number of absences from UK during 5 years : 72 Days

I live in London so I booked my appointment at Croydon . However there seems to be general consensus on this forum that Solihull is one of the better PEOs. I thought about changing my appointment to Solihull but I had paid full fee online so I didn't want to go through the hassle of cancellation and rescheduling. Anyways experience at Croydon was quite satisfactory and off course end result plays a big part how happy and satisfied you are!
I took me an hour to get to East Croydon (nearest train station ) from East London . From station it's about 10 minutes walk. I got there early and was only let in at 1:40 pm.After security check,a lady quickly checked my form and the payment sheet ( ones who have paid online make sure you take it with you ). I was given a token number and asked to make my way to 3rd floor. I tried to use lift ( yes I am bit lazy ) but a security lady by the lifts angrily pointed towards stairs I felt a bit embarrassed lol Somehow I got to 3rd floor and was asked to take a seat in the cafe and wait for my token number to be called. Once token number was called , I went to case registration counters where a gentleman asked for SET O form, passport, BRP and all the supporting documents. He spent roughly 10 minutes inputting details into computer and once it was done he handed me all my documents including passport and BRP and asked me tp go to the biometrics counters ( counters 27-45) . I had my biometrics done fairly quickly only took 5 minutes or so and handed all my document to the gent who took my finger prints and photo. Then I was again asked to wait in the cafe . There are monitors all around in the cafe showing you different stages of your token ( application ) . Once you have done your biometrics,different stages are as below
1) Biometric verification checks
2) Awaiting consideration
3) Under consideration
4) Ready for collection ( once your token is ready for collection wait for your token to be called and then make your way to the counter )

Documents Submitted
1) Old + New Passport
2) BRP
3) 10 bank statements
4) 10 Payslips
5) Absence letters from employer ( not necessary though I was just 72 days out of UK during 5 years )
6) HMRC 5 year employment history ( not required just for piece of mind)
7) Life in UK
8) photocopies of all visas and entry/exit stamp pages

It took me around 90 minutes for the whole process and my application was processed slightly quicker as tokens before me were still doing rounds. The only thing that I could think of was that I provided photocopies of all the documents and also highlighted my salary transaction in my bank statements. So I would advise to make photocopies ( I know it costs money but it's worth it ) as it makes the process slightly quicker.
I only showed 10 months payslips and bank statements and didn't show 12 months as I qualified for the points I needed . so those of you loosing any sleep over not having 12 months payslips/ bank statements please don't panic as all you need is to fulfil the points you need whether you can do it in 3 months or 12 months does not make a difference ( off course this period has to be in the 15 month requirement bracket)
I also handed a cover letter which helps as well. There are plenty of good templates on this forum that you can use.

In the end I would like to thank everyone sharing their experiences on this forum and making each other's life easier . I wish you all the best for your applications and drop me a message if I can assist you with anything.

raholptl

Re: ILR PEO Croydon October 2nd 2013

Post by raholptl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Xavi5 wrote:I have been a silent reader of this forum for a month and would like to re-iterate the fact that it's better than using a solicitor . It does really help you prepare for your application specially the experiences shared by other users.
So I would like to share my experience hoping it might help others applying in future.

Date of first entry in UK under Tier1 : 23-12-2008 ( 2 months after the grant of visa ) if it is within 90 days need not worry
Extension of Tier1 visa : 19-10-2011
Visa valid till: 23-10-2013
Appointment date : 2nd October 14:10 @ Croydon PEO
Dependent : None ( yes I am one of very few at my age still at large)
Total number of absences from UK during 5 years : 72 Days

I live in London so I booked my appointment at Croydon . However there seems to be general consensus on this forum that Solihull is one of the better PEOs. I thought about changing my appointment to Solihull but I had paid full fee online so I didn't want to go through the hassle of cancellation and rescheduling. Anyways experience at Croydon was quite satisfactory and off course end result plays a big part how happy and satisfied you are!
I took me an hour to get to East Croydon (nearest train station ) from East London . From station it's about 10 minutes walk. I got there early and was only let in at 1:40 pm.After security check,a lady quickly checked my form and the payment sheet ( ones who have paid online make sure you take it with you ). I was given a token number and asked to make my way to 3rd floor. I tried to use lift ( yes I am bit lazy ) but a security lady by the lifts angrily pointed towards stairs I felt a bit embarrassed lol Somehow I got to 3rd floor and was asked to take a seat in the cafe and wait for my token number to be called. Once token number was called , I went to case registration counters where a gentleman asked for SET O form, passport, BRP and all the supporting documents. He spent roughly 10 minutes inputting details into computer and once it was done he handed me all my documents including passport and BRP and asked me tp go to the biometrics counters ( counters 27-45) . I had my biometrics done fairly quickly only took 5 minutes or so and handed all my document to the gent who took my finger prints and photo. Then I was again asked to wait in the cafe . There are monitors all around in the cafe showing you different stages of your token ( application ) . Once you have done your biometrics,different stages are as below
1) Biometric verification checks
2) Awaiting consideration
3) Under consideration
4) Ready for collection ( once your token is ready for collection wait for your token to be called and then make your way to the counter )

Documents Submitted
1) Old + New Passport
2) BRP
3) 10 bank statements
4) 10 Payslips
5) Absence letters from employer ( not necessary though I was just 72 days out of UK during 5 years )
6) HMRC 5 year employment history ( not required just for piece of mind)
7) Life in UK
8) photocopies of all visas and entry/exit stamp pages

It took me around 90 minutes for the whole process and my application was processed slightly quicker as tokens before me were still doing rounds. The only thing that I could think of was that I provided photocopies of all the documents and also highlighted my salary transaction in my bank statements. So I would advise to make photocopies ( I know it costs money but it's worth it ) as it makes the process slightly quicker.
I only showed 10 months payslips and bank statements and didn't show 12 months as I qualified for the points I needed . so those of you loosing any sleep over not having 12 months payslips/ bank statements please don't panic as all you need is to fulfil the points you need whether you can do it in 3 months or 12 months does not make a difference ( off course this period has to be in the 15 month requirement bracket)
I also handed a cover letter which helps as well. There are plenty of good templates on this forum that you can use.

In the end I would like to thank everyone sharing their experiences on this forum and making each other's life easier . I wish you all the best for your applications and drop me a message if I can assist you with anything.
Congratulations, can you please tell your 10 months payslips were the recent 10 months out of 15 months or they were first 10 months out of 15 months.
Thanks in advance.

Xavi5
Newly Registered

Post by Xavi5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi raholpti,

Thanks very much !!! Actually I showed first 10 months in the 15 month period i.e I used my payslips/bank statements from July 2012 to April 2013. Absolutely no issue and no question was asked .I hope it answers your question .

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:44 am

Xavi5 wrote:Hi raholpti,

Thanks very much !!! Actually I showed first 10 months in the 15 month period i.e I used my payslips/bank statements from July 2012 to April 2013. Absolutely no issue and no question was asked .I hope it answers your question .
So it is NOT the lastest payslips. Thank you so much!

I am planning to show the first 10 months only and was really concerned.

Thank you very much for the first hand feedback!

Xavi5
Newly Registered

Post by Xavi5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Idbright,

Yes thats correct !! My appointment was on 2nd october. So 15 months preceding my application would be starting from July 2012. And I only used payslips from July 2012 to April 2013 which is 10 months.

So i reckon if you intend to do the same you are good to go !
make sure you also show statements for same period and keep it simple and sweet .

The reason I used only 10 months was that i started self employment from May 2103 and wanted to keep the case simple rather confuse the caseworker with too much documentation . But i did take self emplyment documents in case they asked for anything else. But no issues ...

jan2jack
Newly Registered

Post by jan2jack » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey. Congrats. I have booked my PEO appointment on 25 October. It charged me the complete fees (1426 pounds) and I have my payment receipt.

I see that SET(O) form has payment section as well. Did you fill your payment options in the SET(O) form as well ?

Xavi5
Newly Registered

Post by Xavi5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 pm

jan2Jack,

Yes i think process has changed now. Whoever books appointment online have to pay the full amount.
I did fill up the payment sheet with the same card details that I used online to pay for application fee . I think when UKBA will do the next revision of the from they will take out the payment page as it does not make any sense if you have already paid online.As of now i would say fill up the payment page and leave it in there it wont cost you anything extra.They might need it for their records may be.....

samiir79
Newly Registered

Post by samiir79 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi, Congrats on ur ILR success,

Pls can you let me know which date did you mention on the form in section 6

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning
of the period of stay on which this application is based.

OR

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:48 am

Stupid Question, but do you still have to provide 2 photos if you are going to PEO?