ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Working holiday Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neelavenkat
Newly Registered

About Working holiday Visa

Post by neelavenkat » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:11 pm

Hello,

I have UK working holiday visa now i got a chance to work in Ireland for 2 year.

My problem is do i need a new workpermit for Ireland or i can work with UK workpermit

Plz help me

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:42 am

you will need a work permit, or if you qualify a working visa/authorisation. ireland is a soevereign state and has therefore have its own legislation completely seperate from the UK

neelavenkat
Newly Registered

Post by neelavenkat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:54 am

Thanky for your reply and i didn't get you what is the meaning of working visa/authorisation.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:48 pm

there are some professions which are eligible for a 'fast-tracked' work permit programme and once you have a job you would get a 2 year working visa or working authorisation (difference really is that the visa is for people who require visas to travel to ireland, but in essence its the same thing). its mainly doctors, nurses, architects, surveyors, building engineers, IT, i could be mistaken so please check for yourself on

http://www.entemp.ie./labour/workpermit ... sation.htm

and for the rest of the infor on WP go to the main website which is

http://www.entemp.ie.

what profession are you in and have got a job offer already